Infraction Thinking about getting a v2 Infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once they go airborne, there is no control. They fly like frisbees. A simple tire blowout will cause this. I had one wreck on my Lim that ended up wedged under an 18 wheeler that was parked. The driver had to drive the truck forward for me.. Lim was stuck wedged under between the rear tandem wheels. GPS clocked in the 80's. Totaled out. Gps ended up 100ft away. In peices. Still worked for a few more times. I am now on my 3rd GPS. But it is in a padded case now. That even got run over by a car. But the case saved it after one of my other wrecks. I am more cautious when and where I run my Infr. and Lim. now.

Last edited:
I’m starting to get concerned about my Infraction order from Amain. They are slacking on my order it’s still “pending” I even put rush my order”, they wasted no time taking the money out of my account, usual when I order something, lets say 11pm at night on a Saturday it’s usual “packing order” within 45 min and “shipping label created” after about 2 hrs. See guys I told you I have a huge Rc addiction/problem my hole day will consist of checking my order status. If it wasn’t for how easy/quick they fix a warranty issue and their rewards program I would go get it from my LHS. I need someone to tell me it’s going to be alright, I’m getting the shakes and I’m hot/cold at the same time…I tried wrenching on one of my excising rcs, tried running one too but the anxiety just won’t subside. Will someone call me and read to me while I lay down…I can’t ask any family/friends or they will know what I did.

Oh thank god! This screen grab was about 10 min after I posted this ^ I can go about my day like a normal person…well I’m just a functioning Rc addict

334E2642-F0A6-42CD-9682-10B7BD241706.png

Last edited:
FedEx was a day early for the first time ever for me, but they did loose my extra set of tires due to a messed up label. I did a quick check list and ran it for about 2 min and this thing is awesome that hand brake is great to have…I can tell I’ll be running this car alot. Very happy I went with the Infraction v2 but now I have to rip it down and check the fluids and ring and pinion mesh…you know pull it apart into pieces and check everything. Like I said this thing is awesome…it’s bigger then I expected…it’s almost the size of my Outcast 8s.

Last edited:
FedEx was a day early for the first time ever for me, but they did loose my extra set of tires due to a messed up label. I did a quick check list and ran it for about 2 min and this thing is awesome that hand brake is great to have…I can tell I’ll be running this car alot. Very happy I went with the Infraction v2 but now I have to rip it down and check the fluids and ring and pinion mesh…you know pull it apart into pieces and check everything. Like I said this thing is awesome…it’s bigger then I expected…it’s almost the size of my Outcast 8s.
Honestly if I didn't tear through tires like afternoon every run, I would run it more often 😂

Honestly if I didn't tear through tires like afternoon every run, I would run it more often 😂
Yeah, I can tell I’m going to eat up a lot of tires, sliding it around lighting the tires up is to much fun…
I’m not very happy about this straight out of the box, scuffed and stickers are peeling. Maybe I’m being to anal?….

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 46
Yeah, I can tell I’m going to eat up a lot of tires, sliding it around lighting the tires up is to much fun…
I’m not very happy about this straight out of the box, scuffed and stickers are peeling. Maybe I’m being to anal?….
It's not a huge deal. If it was a real car, then I would be mad

Well I full rebuilt the car today, things I noticed were front and rear the diffs were 1/4 full, center was 1/2, all 4 shocks a little low, motor slide bolts for the mesh were stripped, and the diffs both needed 1 shim each towards the pinion. Thats all I got, not so bad. I forgot to mention my motor cooling fan was DOA too.

Last edited:
Well I full rebuilt the car today, things I noticed were front and rear the diffs were 1/4 full, center was 1/2, all 4 shocks a little low, motor slide bolts for the mesh were stripped, and the diffs both needed 1 shim each towards the pinion. Thats all I got, not so bad. I forgot to mention my motor cooling fan was DOA too.
I must confess that I have never checked anything on my Infraction V2 when I bought it it brand new. And I've ran the crap out of it a whole bunch of times. Oh well 🤣

I must confess that I have never checked anything on my Infraction V2 when I bought it it brand new. And I've ran the crap out of it a whole bunch of times. Oh well 🤣
I had a horrible experience with my Talion EXB with fasteners being loose, no thread lock used, wheel hexes stripped out from loose wheel nuts, so I just ripped that down and found a hole list of things wrong, stripped, loose, diffs empty so I have checked my Outcast 8s and now this Infraction just to be sure. The common theme seems to be stripped motor slide screws, empty diffs, and ring and pinion diff shims needed that aren’t there. It’s also nice to know that everything was done right and nothing is going to fall off or brake due to bad QC. Only person I can blame then is myself. As a side note I had my first full session today and boy this thing is a monster. My tires are almost toasted and I even rotated them about half way through the run. It’s just way to enjoyable to drift around…I’m defiantly going to try a different brand of tires most likely the GPR s7 compounds.

Last edited:
I get mad also with the sloppy stickers and all. Hell, these rigs don't come cheap. At least make the stickers right. That hard to do?? They aren't available separate on a sheet, short of getting a new clear body.
It shows how super fast they make these rigs. And the bodies are not clean of dust when they apply them, or they would not peel if they were clean. I had one Lim and one Noto with very bad window stickers. Peeling bad and crooked. These matter the most to me as well as the grille stickers.. The rest I could care less about. I just remove them if they peel off. They cant be fixed well enough.. No biggy.

Last edited:
I get mad also with the sloppy stickers and all. Hell, these rigs don't come cheap. At least make the stickers right. That hard to do?? They aren't available separate on a sheet, short of getting a new clear body.
It shows how super fast they make these rigs. And the bodies are not clean of dust when they apply them, or they would not peel if they were clean. I had one Lim and one Noto with very bad window stickers. Peeling bad and crooked. These matter the most to me as well as the grille stickers.. The rest I could care less about. I just remove them if they peel off. They cant be fixed well enough.. No biggy.
Traxxas actually gave me a new body for my Xmaxx because I complained about a Issue, best part was when I got my Xmaxx they didn’t have the rock n roll Color in stock so I got orange one and the only extra body they had to replace mine with was a rock n roll so it worked out perfect. But 700 plus tax for the Infraction I expect my stickers to be stuck down not folded on its self like you said it’s the grill not something I can pull off and forget about.

Not even 2 runs I’m now on to my second set of tires…I’m using 2 6200mah 3s batteries down to about 3.6/3.7 per cell not even to lvc…I did order GRP S7 Revos. I do drive it like a stole it I’m using it as a drift car so that isn’t helping one bit but it’s just to much fun to get that perfect line. Side note I think I need to mess with my camber in the front and rear a bit…tires in the photo are in order from where they came from, bottom of the picture is front of car.

C1AF0D34-70B2-4129-A7C3-FA6A90C572B0.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back