Infraction Thinking about getting a v2 Infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marucci87

Reaction score
Well I told myself no more RCs I have to many, so I guess I’ll just buy another one. This really is a addictive hobby. Im spending all money on this hobby, lying to love ones about buying more RCs, hiding ones I already own…telling them it’s not mine it’s someone else’s. I feel like I’m doing hard drugs. I was told I need to stop I have a problem. But! I need it, want it, gotta have it. I don’t have a dedicated on road car and the Talion Exb isnt cutting it. Doesn’t drift around on the road so obviously I need a street RC for when I can’t go to a spot after work. I put a Max5 800kv combo in my Outcast 8s and my back yard it taking a beating. My family just doesn’t understand can you guys talk to them and make them understand. So I believe the Infraction is going to be the next one to add to my buddy’s cars I’m storing for him. Is it as good as it looks? And how often will I need to buy tires…I’m going to beat it like it owes me money…every run. I’ll be using 6000mah batteries. Any weak points?

I need a street RC for when I can’t go to a spot after work.…I’m going to beat it like it owes me money…every run. Any weak points?

When you drift it into a curb at full speed and the car goes

0F254067-1E74-4D98-A5E7-CA97D964BE31.gif

But hey, it sounds like you’ve talked yourself into it, so go for it! :)

Not an infraction but I just recently bought a limitless and did a Max 5 5687 1100kv 8s setup and holy hell it's so much fun. It's my first on road car and it's an absolute blast to drive. Even a bit scary at times! Tires will get killed. Thankfully grp aren't crazy expensive but you will be going through sets, but you won't be breaking other things like bashing does so you can look at it like that

I love my infraction V2!!!

Buy some extra tires….FOR SURE. If you drive it like you stole it….plan on tire changes every few runs. I have some GRP’s coming in the mail now. Will let ya know how long they last!!! Ahaha

The first step with addiction is to admit you are addicted and then to accept you are powerless to your addiction.
It seems you have done that and you have created a world of deceit and lies to cover up your addiction.
So in theory, no one knows about your addiction except you and the people on this forum, therefore the problem doesn’t really exist.
And we must remind ourselves we aren’t quitters and rehab is for quitters.
So be strong and you go out with your hard earned money, you probably gained from pawning items that didn’t belong to you, and you buy an Infraction!
And you lie about where it came from and who owns it and we will support you in your circle of deceit!

On a serious note, the Infraction is a seriously cool car.
Once you have worn out the factory fitted dBoot Hoons start using GRP tires. They last a lot longer.
Personally I can destroy and set after 3 runs of drifting but I’m sure with a little more straight line action they would last 10 runs.
But either way the Infraction uses as many tires as you tell lies, so no issues there. It’s just something else you will have to hide from the family.

And always remember, this is the circle of trust in here. We never judge and we will always help you with your addictions and covering up a crime.
Stay strong and never quit. No matter what!

Last edited:
I'd say "your buddy"🤣 will need a few sets for sure. "He" will get an idea of the life after running a few packs so "he" can stock up accordingly😂. Depending on driving style as mentioned above the GRP's in the hardest compound S7 should last a few packs maybe more if "he" isn't drifting and smoking the tires the whole time.

bought one 4 weeks ago too 🤘😎 used but in good condition and love it 😍 what a brutal car 🤘😎 but I have to say that it is very large and I had misjudged that too.
You need a lot of space even if you are going to drive it. Because he goes fast and a shame to drive damage.
But well you've already made your decision 😉 have fun because that drifting is great fun🥳

Well I told myself no more RCs I have to many, so I guess I’ll just buy another one. This really is a addictive hobby. Im spending all money on this hobby, lying to love ones about buying more RCs, hiding ones I already own…telling them it’s not mine it’s someone else’s. I feel like I’m doing hard drugs. I was told I need to stop I have a problem. But! I need it, want it, gotta have it. I don’t have a dedicated on road car and the Talion Exb isnt cutting it. Doesn’t drift around on the road so obviously I need a street RC for when I can’t go to a spot after work. I put a Max5 800kv combo in my Outcast 8s and my back yard it taking a beating. My family just doesn’t understand can you guys talk to them and make them understand. So I believe the Infraction is going to be the next one to add to my buddy’s cars I’m storing for him. Is it as good as it looks? And how often will I need to buy tires…I’m going to beat it like it owes me money…every run. I’ll be using 6000mah batteries. Any weak points?
I love my Infraction. I haven't had a any issues with mine. It's always a blast. You will burn through tires like crazy. That's the only downside I can think of. I bought some cheap GRP tires $48 for a set compared to the Hooons, which are like $65 for a set. I'll try them out and see if I like them.
https://nitrohobbies.com/gtk01-s7/

I have it in my cart along with a extra set of the factor Hoons but the stock are white, are the golds a harder compound? Heres the thing I’m not going to pull the trigger on this without your guys approval. If I get busted I can blame it on you guys. I’m just a passenger on this journey.

I have it in my cart along with a extra set of the factor Hoons but the stock are white, are the golds a harder compound? Heres the thing I’m not going to pull the trigger on this without your guys approval. If I get busted I can blame it on you guys. I’m just a passenger on this journey.
I personally approve it if you need that for documentation lol. Here's the chart on the Hoons colors
Hoons Compound.jpeg

Man you guys are enabler‘s, I did it. Done deal Infraction and 4 white Hoons should be in my possession on Wednesday…now like a true addict I’ll be checking every 30 min to see if it was packaged, and shipped…then check witch state it’s in…Coming Fedex and they always screw up my delivery dates. It’s going to be a very emotional 3-who knows days. To top it off I had another esc fail in my Talion Exb about an hour ago so fingers crossed I don’t have issues with the Infraction one too. I’m sure I will. I’m blaming you guys for my poor decisions.

Man you guys are enabler‘s, I did it. Done deal Infraction and 4 white Hoons should be in my possession on Wednesday…now like a true addict I’ll be checking every 30 min to see if it was packaged, and shipped…then check witch state it’s in…Coming Fedex and they always screw up my delivery dates. It’s going to be a very emotional 3-who knows days. To top it off I had another esc fail in my Talion Exb about an hour ago so fingers crossed I don’t have issues with the Infraction one too. I’m sure I will. I’m blaming you guys for my poor decisions.
Poor decisions?? Sounds like a FANTASTIC decision to me. You will love it dude no doubt. I'm hyped for you now that I know how much fun they are

I did blow up the stock ESC on my Felony when I made the mistake to install the speed pinion for high speed passes. I over did it and the ESC died. Now with stock gearing, I've ran the crap out of my Infraction until it hits LVC a few times and zero issues. So stick to stock gearing!

I did blow up the stock ESC on my Felony when I made the mistake to install the speed pinion for high speed passes. I over did it and the ESC died. Now with stock gearing, I've ran the crap out of my Infraction until it hits LVC a few times and zero issues. So stick to stock gearing!
I have never hit lvd I go to about 3.6 per cell and never hit thermal shut down on the 2 that went bad. But do let it fall out of the sky to flat landings from 30 foot on the regular at least 15 or so times a run. I think I have to put a max8 in my Talion…I just hope being on flat ground will make the Infraction’s esc last. I really think jumping the issue. I can’t keep throwing money at my rcs without permission from you guys that is, I can’t be blamed for it then…it’s all here in writing.

I have never hit lvd I go to about 3.6 per cell and never hit thermal shut down on the 2 that went bad. But do let it fall out of the sky to flat landings from 30 foot on the regular at least 15 or so times a run. I think I have to put a max8 in my Talion…I just hope being on flat ground will make the Infraction’s esc last. I really think jumping the issue. I can’t keep throwing money at my rcs without permission from you guys that is, I can’t be blamed for it then…it’s all here in writing.
Hmmmmmm. Yeah, the big jumps are very hard on the electronics. My bigger 8s Arrmas have had no issues with the 30ft jumps as far as electronics go. Same thing with my X-Maxx.

I bash my 6s off roaders some what harder than my Lim and Infr. And Break much less off road..
And I have wrecked my Lim and Infr. several times. Going out of control for various reasons like Terrain, LVC, Thermal cut Range loss and user error.
I ended up buying another Lim roller for $400. It was always cheaper. When you hit big at speeds in the 80's/90's, you will get some serious carnage for sure. Twisted chassis' and all. When they tweak, they never quite drive the same even if a light tweak to them.

Last edited:
I bash my 6s off roaders some what harder than my Lim and Infr. And Break much less off road..
And I have wrecked my Lim and Infr. several times. Going out of control for various reasons like Terrain, LVC, Thermal cut Range loss and user error.
I ended up buying another Lim roller for $400. It was always cheaper. When you hit big at speeds in the 80's/90's, you will get some serious carnage for sure. Twisted chassis' and all. When they tweak, they never quite drive the same even if a light tweak to them.
I could only imagine hitting a curb or let alone flipping and rolling on concrete can do at 80 plus mph.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back