Thinking about getting an Arrma Raider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowJ746

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
in looking at the raider because i Love 2wd Buggies. I was wondering if anyone has experience with it? Like will it run through beach sand nanny tall grass? Is it durable, Is there aftermarket support, will it run a Venom 5000mha 35c 11.1v 3 cell hardcore lips? And btw, I really want a scale MT but don't know which one to purchase Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated- Thank You

Raiders are discontinued, no? Anyway, a 2wd 1/10 buggy would probably work fine in sand but not at all in tall grass.

Scale MTs? Like the Axial SMT10? It has a tube chassis like the big ones, that makes it "scale" = realistic.

Your budget and the terrain you have available would help people give you a recommendation...

I recently got both the raider and raider blx ( don't drink and ebay). One came with a box of parts and at this point after replacing 2 front ends ( my fault, drove into tires/curbs) could build a third. First they are both a great deal of fun, I really like the design and they drive well. Both are brushed and I like it, slow is good for a newbie like me. Parts are easy to find and based on costs from other rc's cheaper. I do recommend both the raider and blx raider but the blx is my favorite. Its bigger at 1/8 scale vs 1/10 and so does better on grass and bumps. Since both are discontinued you will probably be buying used so expect to replace some parts. I got new barrings, clutch plates, motors, stainless steel screws, lights, bumper, controller Dean's plug converter and new shocks as upgrades. Due to crashes replaced, front ends, servo, and steering rods and aluminum front bottom plate. So it's not necessarily cheap even though I got both for about $120 on Ebay. If your going to bash the hell outta it maybe look elsewhere but I drive it on the street, construction sites and my back yard and love it. My biggest problem is so do my pitts and both have teeth Mark's all over so their is some toughness to them. Let me know if you have more questions

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back