Thinking about getting into planes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky they don't have a pool!
They did, it was one of those beautiful above ground units. Thankfully they got tired of all the hassles, expenses, leaves and ducks. 🤣

Just saw the new eflight voodoo might get that with a spectrum transmitter as well as the trainer plane so when I get good I’ll have a sports plane
I was going to say the eflite or horizon products that have the "safe mode" can help you learn. I have been looking at planes too, but so far have been able to tell myself no. I have had my eye on the timber x 1.2m because it could do 3d flying later if I don't destroy it in safe mode. I also like that you could do vertical take-off and landings with it

That simulator will save you money. You can crash hundreds of planes in a simulator, and it's only the cost of one plane. I killed quite a few planes until I got good. A simulator would have saved me some money.

The larger the plane the more stable it flies. Always recommend learning on a high wing aircraft, not as sexy as a warbird, but also much easier to learn on. think long term investment. You don't jump into a formula one car the to go get your drivers license. ;)
Screw simulator .that's a waste of time in my opinion.like I mentioned just buy your self a cheap plane and go to a field and practice in real life .. toatly different feeling than being in front of a screen..when you get your driving lessons do you practice on the screen? No so same applys to this..did you learn to walk by watching someone? No just do it.go and practice and practice and practice..now stop with this bs simulator garbage lol have fun .go play jeez
Don't tell know one ..it's top secret..my drone has a min machine gun on it .🤟😆reamember shhhh secret

Last edited:
Can someone tell me if I need a spectrum remote to run the safe stuff
From my understanding, the "safe" stuff lives in the Spektrum RX so you need the Spektrum TX to work with it, but I could be wrong. I had planned on getting the spectrum radio since that was the combo recommended for it.

Is there a cheaper transmitter than the 200 one or is that the min i need
I use an NX6, pretty nice but very expensive.

DXS is what I started on, a bit of a PITA to bind to other planes ( I still have my DXS, I'd sell it to you if you are interested )

I use an NX6, pretty nice but very expensive.

DXS is what I started on, a bit of a PITA to bind to other planes ( I still have my DXS, I'd sell it to you if you are interested )
How mcub are you looking for don't have much funds right now so i would purchase in the near future

How mcub are you looking for don't have much funds right now so i would purchase in the near future
$50 or so shipped.

Do some research first, transmitter will be a limiting factor if you get in to planes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back