Talion Thinking about getting this wheel/tire combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4runnerguy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Found these at a killer price. I called and inquired about the width, they are 3.15" wide, 5.63" diameter but the rim is 3.4" not 3.8". Would this be a a problem?
http://www.hobbypartz.com/mad-wc1064.html

1-8-racing-spike-black-argentine-8-spoke-for-1-8-truggy-13.gif

Last edited:
People likkes to look but can;t offer advice because they don't own the Talion or haven't used those tires. You should check if you don't have any problems with the wheels and the Talion steering blocks.

:confused:You did read my post, right? The whole point of my question was to possibly avoid buying the wheels/tires just to see if they fit or not. If I was going to go ahead and buy them just to see if they fit, I wouldn't have posted the question. Thanks for your input, I guess?

I called and spoke with the tech support department. They were very vague on specific vehicle fitment; basically said that the wheels/tires should work on any 17mm , 1/8 scale RC. I am still contemplating. I really like what Pro-line has to offer; they are expensive but I have that little voice in my head saying, "you get what you pay for sometimes". For roughly $34 shipped, those wheels/tires from hobbypartz will either be the greatest deal or an epic fail. The weather has been crappy where I live anyway, so new wheels/tires are not a priority right now.
On a similar note, I have read where the stock Talion wheels have been cracking. Is a solid buggy wheel better overall than say a spoke or "mag" wheel? I can only guess that the stock wheels have been cracking on 6S, not sure though. Decisions, decisions!:confused:

I looked at those as well but they are on backorder until the end of April:(; at least that is what I was told by customer service.

I looked at those as well but they are on backorder until the end of April:(; at least that is what I was told by customer service.
Just an FYI; If you buy from this place, shipping is free when you spend 25.00. @ Hobbypartz you have to spend 50.00 to get free shipping. Not sure why since it's the same company?
http://www.nitrorcx.com/mad-wc1064.html

That is funny. I called those guys too. How are they the only 2 internet hobby websites that sell those wheels/tires? The guy at nitrorcx also told me late April as well, before they will have more of the monster truck wheels/tires in stock.

I called and spoke with the tech support department. They were very vague on specific vehicle fitment; basically said that the wheels/tires should work on any 17mm , 1/8 scale RC. I am still contemplating. I really like what Pro-line haballoos to offer; they are expensive but I have that little voice in my head saying, "you get what you pay for sometimes". For roughly $34 shipped, those wheels/tires from hobbypartz will either be the greatest deal or an epic fail. The weather has been crappy where I live anyway, so new wheels/tires are not a priority right now.
On a similar note, I have read where the stock Talion wheels have been cracking. Is a solid buggy wheel better overall than say a spoke or "mag" wheel? I can only guess that the stock wheels have been cracking on 6S, not sure though. Decisions, decisions!:confused:
The tire and wheel choice is one that I am very experienced with experienced at making the wrong choice anyway. I have a box full of failed tires and wheels that have cracked or torn off the wheel or have no structural integrity left after ballooning beyond their recovery point I have tires that were ribbed inside to minimize I have taped tires on the inside and had that work pretty good for a short time. I t is unfortunate that the tire tech has not kept up with the batteries available . I run maxamps 6s 5450 mah true 120 c and the tires just fail.
I thought I had found the solution when I got the SRC Terrain Crushers although a little heavy and not the best tread choice they do not balloon so I had all the rubber on the ground instead of the small point at the top of the balloon which is a good starting point,.
To bad SRC failed to do the right thing about a defective wheel I received so I will not buy their products now. I guess the only tires I have bought and been happy with are the Proline badlands I bought for my Typhon , ballooning is minimal traction is pretty good and they have not failed maybe because they are smaller than the tires for the Talion. I wish I had bought a set for the Talion I probably would have saved a lot of time and money. I have not had a stock wheel fail ,tires yes wheels no. Most of my tires are on the solid wheels rather than spoked simply because they seemed to be the suggested match for the tires I was buying but the tires failed and some of the wheels were thin and cracked worst tires and wheels I bought were Losi brand. Solid wheels may keep some of the dust from going through to get to inner wheel bearing and such but not sure. I think you get what you pay for is usually correct but what and how you use your vehicle will determine what works or doesn't and are you 4s or 6s. If you do find a wheel and tire combo you are happy with please let me know , I will probably go with the Proline badlands or trenchers on the Talion next I will keep you posted when I do .

Thank you:). I am only running 4s right now and may just do a pinion upgrade and remain on 4s. The super speeds aren't that important to me. From what I have seen, running 4s and a different pinion will be good enough for me. My Talion came with the Losi King pins mounted on the solid white wheels. The tires are pretty much done and after owning multiple 1/10 scale RCs with cool wheel designs, solid wheels don't excite me at all.LOL. I know, I know; functionality over looks but the Talion already looks soooooo cool that I want to top it off with some nice looking wheels/tires. As I had said earlier, the Pro-line wheels / tires are expensive but may be my best option. Thanks again for your input.

Thank you:). I am only running 4s right now and may just do a pinion upgrade and remain on 4s. The super speeds aren't that important to me. From what I have seen, running 4s and a different pinion will be good enough for me. My Talion came with the Losi King pins mounted on the solid white wheels. The tires are pretty much done and after owning multiple 1/10 scale RCs with cool wheel designs, solid wheels don't excite me at all.LOL. I know, I know; functionality over looks but the Talion already looks soooooo cool that I want to top it off with some nice looking wheels/tires. As I had said earlier, the Pro-line wheels / tires are expensive but may be my best option. Thanks again for your input.
Yeah the Talion is very cool looking and the solid wheels don't do anything for it looks wise, I have used paint pens on some of my solid wheels to divide into four parts with alternating colors and gotten quite a few likes from people where I run my cars at.

I saw those and they look really cool, only ones left in stock are the chrome rims. I guess the chrome would look okay on the Talion, especially for the price. Your Kraton/JC Concepts rig looks awesome by the way.
I have a set of chrome fang wheels also. Bought them when they were on sale with another set. Not bad, but the rims seem a bit brittle IMO. Got them for spares, not really for the rims.

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-14197398381157/blue-silver-12-spoke-for-1-8-monster-turck-22.gif
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-14197398...r-tires-chrome-mechanix-fangs-rims-2pcs-4.gif

I have a set of chrome fang wheels also. Bought them when they were on sale with another set. Not bad, but the rims seem a bit brittle IMO. Got them for spares, not really for the rims.

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-14197398381157/blue-silver-12-spoke-for-1-8-monster-turck-22.gif
http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-14197398...r-tires-chrome-mechanix-fangs-rims-2pcs-4.gif

Were these links from hobbypartz,nitrorcx? I haven't been able to find these wheels and tire cmobs anywhere else.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back