Thinking about my 1st monster truck..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typhon arms didn’t change from v4-V5. So they should be backwards compatible with your v4 chassis. Or if you ended up stretching your V5 you could update the typhcast and not have to trim the arms :) 💪🏻

apologies to the original poster for the derailment!

the outcast 6s is a kick in the pants. The best all around stunt truck in my opinion. Tough as nails and the best part is it could probably literally wheelie for miles if for the terrain and the range. It’s not tippy as you described it’s quite planted for being a short wheel base... arrma did a good job there. If your looking at one don’t hesitate!

Last edited:
Typhon arms didn’t change from v4-V5. So they should be backwards compatible with your v4 chassis. Or if you ended up stretching your V5 you could update the typhcast and not have to trim the arms :) 💪🏻

the outcast 6s is a kick in the pants. The best all around stunt truck in my opinion. Tough as nails and the best part is it could probably literally wheelie for miles if for the terrain and the range. It’s not tippy as you described it’s quite planted for being a short wheel base... arrma did a good job there. If your looking at one don’t hesitate!

Agreed. The Notorious is just my kinda fun. I like mine set up so I can do stoppies, wheelie for days, standing backflips, multiple backflips on jumps, front flips, and all kinds of craziness. I have only broken one rod end (when I hit a metal fence post with only the right front wheel while airborne at about 45 kph) and shattered a pin in the rear diff. Diff didn't fail though, I found it when I took it apart to check and rebuild in December. I've got a piece of 2mm hex key in there now and it's holding so far. :D

I've never been a buggy or truggy guy though. I live where there is lots of construction so I need lots of clearance and something that can blast over and through rough ground. The Notorious is just what I want. Plus the "real steel" finish is awesome and the body is really tough.

52B6E593-4B1E-422C-9D21-0994F593A67E.jpeg

Ok now I got ya đź‘Ť

I have a Kaiju and it's stupid on 6S, it will backflip and tear up stuff just by tapping the throttle so run it on 4S. If you want a true MT get a Xmaxx, yeah I said it.

I have a Kaiju and it's stupid on 6S, it will backflip and tear up stuff just by tapping the throttle so run it on 4S. If you want a true MT get a Xmaxx, yeah I said it.
LOL ! Again , the Xmaxx IMO is the best RC TRX has ever made !!! Love mine ( now powered with K8S esc /motor !!! ) LOL . Should never be compared to a K8S / O8S ( love them to ) but they are not a MT . If you want a smaller MT , I'd buy a Granite / Big Rock before a Maxx ( had it ) . Never had or seen a Kaiju so can't remark .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back