Thinking about my 1st monster truck..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaxnDabs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey what's up guys, I already own 2 arrma Typhon's 6s and they are a blast. Recently I drove my friends Kaiju 6s and that was also a blast! How's your experience with the Outcast 6s? I like the way it looks, but how does it handle out the box, does it flip over alot on turns? Any and all type of feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey what's up guys, I already own 2 arrma Typhon's 6s and they are a blast. Recently I drove my friends Kaiju 6s and that was also a blast! How's your experience with the Outcast 6s? I like the way it looks, but how does it handle out the box, does it flip over alot on turns? Any and all type of feedback is highly appreciated. Thanks!

I really have fun with my Notorious 6S. Great truck. It is a stunt truck, so it’s a wheelie machine and while not as stable as a Typhon, I don’t roll it often and I have a blast with it.

I think you have a few good options here.

1. Get a Notorious V5. It has been updated, the Outcast has not. Yet. Or wait for summer and there may be an Outcast EXB.

2. Get a Kraton EXB. Monster truck ish, but more of a truggified MT. Outfit with electronics of your choice. Not a stunt machine but an amazing jumper.

3. Rebuild one of your Typhons and turn it into a hybrid closer to a Kraton or Talion.

I suppose also 4. Hope they bring out an updated Talion - maybe an EXB.

The good news is that the 6S platform shares many parts, so you can build out one of your Typhons to be a monster truck or a truggy pretty easily. Not cheaply of course, but easily. 🤪

the talion is just meant to be fast and it has a very long chasis idk if modified it will do stunts but stock won't when i was looking into getting the outcast i was noticing it was trying to wheelie all the time

I have a Franken-Outcast - it has Talion suspension instead of a Kraton suspension ( I built the truck from spare parts). Lower COG vs a standard Outcast. I love the truck, really fun to bash, and handles great.

I also have a Kraton and a Typhon (And a bunch of other RC's). Kraton is more stable at speed with the longer wheel base. Typhon, - you already know it is a caffeinated squirrel.

If one of your Typhons is "Extra", you can wide-mode it (Kraton hex, hubs, and axle stubs) and drop on some 2.8MT tires. This gets it most of the way to MT without dropping $500 on the Outcast.

I have a Franken-Outcast - it has Talion suspension instead of a Kraton suspension ( I built the truck from spare parts). Lower COG vs a standard Outcast. I love the truck, really fun to bash, and handles great.

I also have a Kraton and a Typhon (And a bunch of other RC's). Kraton is more stable at speed with the longer wheel base. Typhon, - you already know it is a caffeinated squirrel.

If one of your Typhons is "Extra", you can wide-mode it (Kraton hex, hubs, and axle stubs) and drop on some 2.8MT tires. This gets it most of the way to MT without dropping $500 on the Outcast.
Thanks I think this is the quickest and easiest way lol. I do have one typhon for all terrain and one strictly for road use only for speed runs etc. I'll definitely take a look at these Kraton parts. Thank you

You mention that you wanted a monster truck. Technically, that would be a solid axle unit like the Losi LMT or Axial SMT. The 6s Noto/Outie is a power house. It's design is based around flipping like a gymnast on crack. It takes a while to get used to it, and by the time you do, you have already realized how easy it is to break sh!t on a truck that lends itself to being upside-down. I'm over two years in with mine, and it literally hasn't got a single screw from original. If messing around without attempting really big air is the end goal, I suggest you try the Granite Blx or 4s Outcast. They are not bullet proof by any means, but they are a hell of a lot less expensive to repair, and it takes a fraction of the time to do them. Just my $0.02 cents, which is worth only half that after exchange from Canadian dollars to any other currency.

You mention that you wanted a monster truck. Technically, that would be a solid axle unit like the Losi LMT or Axial SMT. The 6s Noto/Outie is a power house. It's design is based around flipping like a gymnast on crack. It takes a while to get used to it, and by the time you do, you have already realized how easy it is to break sh!t on a truck that lends itself to being upside-down. I'm over two years in with mine, and it literally hasn't got a single screw from original. If messing around without attempting really big air is the end goal, I suggest you try the Granite Blx or 4s Outcast. They are not bullet proof by any means, but they are a hell of a lot less expensive to repair, and it takes a fraction of the time to do them. Just my $0.02 cents, which is worth only half that after exchange from Canadian dollars to any other currency.
Yeah my friends Kaiju 6s is a pretty badass monster truck and it rarely flips doing turns, that was pretty cool to me and I don't do crazy stunts or anything like that but I do want something different that's not a buggy or a truggy. The Corally dementor looks nice too, but I wanna stay inside the arrma family honestly.

Yeah my friends Kaiju 6s is a pretty badass monster truck and it rarely flips doing turns, that was pretty cool to me and I don't do crazy stunts or anything like that but I do want something different that's not a buggy or a truggy. The Corally dementor looks nice too, but I wanna stay inside the arrma family honestly.
The Kaiju is a great truck. Being able to handle 6s is a bonus, but I imagine it would also have breaking issues when running that much power all the time. Running it on 4s would probably suffice, which is why that Outcast 4s seems like a great middle ground.

The Notorious just flips in turns if you hit the breaks bit too hard.

with the standart diffs you wont get close turns with front wheels up in the air ;)

But if you wanna have fun jumping and doing backflips an wheelies the Outcast/Notorious is a badass fun-machine.

The Kaiju is a great truck. Being able to handle 6s is a bonus, but I imagine it would also have breaking issues when running that much power all the time. Running it on 4s would probably suffice, which is why that Outcast 4s seems like a great middle ground.
Tell me about it, my friend stripped the servo horn literally in 10 minutes on the Kaiju, 2nd run my typhon 6s hit it from the back and broke the rear upper control arm on my friends Kaiju lol 😆. Typhon was still running like a beast. He hasn't tried it on 6s yet but I feel like it'll break alot easier than the arrma 6s line, which is why I want to buy another Arrma lol. I think the 4s would be a decent choice as well, time to look at some comparison videos haha.

Maybe truggify your Typhon. You can and build it up to a hybrid outcast. Using mojave arms and backflip tires or Backflip lp's.

the redcat models aren't known for being the best quality (arrma or traxxas) so spend the extra and get a outcast or kraton

It's design is based around flipping like a gymnast on crack.
😂🤣 @Notorious J Thanks for the mornings laugh brother! Ya you can definitely trugify the Typhon to be a bada$$ rig, I've got a "TyphCast" thanks to @Rcproponent that is Outcast chassis, Kraton towers, hubs, shocks, Mojave arms and it's one of my favorite, well actually probably my favorite rig besides my Typhon GT for speed runs but off-road it's hands down my favorite. Here's a running video for an idea👍

😂🤣 @Notorious J Thanks for the mornings laugh brother! Ya you can definitely trugify the Typhon to be a bada$$ rig, I've got a "TyphCast" thanks to @Rcproponent that is Outcast chassis, Kraton towers, hubs, shocks, Mojave arms and it's one of my favorite, well actually probably my favorite rig besides my Typhon GT for speed runs but off-road it's hands down my favorite. Here's a running video for an idea👍
Glad your diggin it bro! 👊🏻Bout to have a few more rigs to sell. Need to thin the herd a bit...

Glad your diggin it bro! 👊🏻Bout to have a few more rigs to sell. Need to thin the herd a bit...
Yep love it brother thank you! It's kinda down now as I just recently broke the right rear A arm. Was going to swap out for Kraton arms/driveshafts turnbuckles but forgot I only had one front Kraton turnbuckle so waiting on a new Mojave A arm. I noticed the A arm was trimmed will I have to do that as well with the new one for droop tabs of the chassis?

Yep love it brother thank you! It's kinda down now as I just recently broke the right rear A arm. Was going to swap out for Kraton arms/driveshafts turnbuckles but forgot I only had one front Kraton turnbuckle so waiting on a new Mojave A arm. I noticed the A arm was trimmed will I have to do that as well with the new one for droop tabs of the chassis?
Yes sir 👍🏻 the new V5 chassis does not require this mod... just a future FYI 👌🏻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back