Mojave Thinking about ordering an Mojave EXB tomorrow, but...... do you love it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jxr006

Reaction score
Hey guys,
talked to my local hobby shop. They can get me a Mojave or Kraton EXB before Christmas if i let him know by tomorrow. Like most dads, i'm going to use my son as an excuse to get another RC, so i don't have to stand outside bored while he rips his Kraton v4.

After my Kraton v4, i swore to never buy any Arrma product with electronics. Their radio sucked, their servo sucked, and for the $100 gap in pricing i can replace both those plus subsidize my ESC/Motor combo upgrade.

While there have been lots of threads about what you guys have done to it, i'm looking for those of you who have a Kraton for comparison to let me know if you LOVE it. It just seems like a tamed down RC.

At first i thought I would get an Kraton EXB but, i think having two of the same looking trucks would be boring even though the capability of the kraton exb would be insane.

I see the Mojave has the a problem with losing wheels, it sucks that kind of issues come up in V2 of a product. Really annoys me, to drop another 50-60 bucks on the m2c 2mm adapters. (tax + shipping + product)., but any other know issues walking into it?

Given the choice, you think i should i just get the Kraton EXB?

thanks for taking the time to answer.

So in summary? Love it? Or go with the kraton exb instead?

In Love Reaction GIF

Last edited:
Pretty much all the Arrma rigs can be tweaked out the box. All these RTR arrmas need attention out the box. I have a V1 RTR Mojave, and for the life of me I never understood the wheel issue. I never encountered a problem losing wheels or hubs rubbing. I did shim all my hex hubs behind the outer bearings out the gate, but I do that to every single one of my 6S Arrma's anyway. . They ALL have inherent slop.
Yet I did see some go through this issue. I even had M2C hexes at the ready when I got the Mojave, but made sure to drive as stock first. I wanted to see the issue first hand yet Never had that issue. I ended up putting on the M2C hexes anyway quite some time later, because well I had them sitting in the my bin and paid heavily for them. Why not. The only reason. I consider them bling now.

Pretty much all the Arrma rigs can be tweaked out the box. All these RTR arrmas need attention out the box. I have a V1 RTR Mojave, and for the life of me I never understood the wheel issue. I never encountered a problem losing wheels or hubs rubbing. I did shim all my hex hubs behind the outer bearings out the gate, but I do that to every single one of my 6S Arrma's anyway. .
Yet I did see some go through this issue. I even had M2C hexes at the ready when I got the Mojave, but made sure to drive as stock first. I wanted to see the issue first hand yet Never had that issue. I ended up putting on the M2C hexes anyway quite some time later, because well I had them sitting in the my bin and paid heavily for them. Why not. The only reason. I consider them bling now.
Thanks bud.

but do you love your Mojave? Or do you end up just bashing your kraton more? I want to say, this will be my last car for a while. Don’t have justification to have more than 2, so I don’t want to blow my load on something that’ll be sitting on the bench for repairs or something I won’t love driving.

I understand. I will say that I use my Kraton more, overall, It is more versatile. Terrain wise. But I think the Mojave is my favorite. Maybe because I am getting bored with the Kraton from having it for so long and The Mojave is so unique and balanced as it drives. It is not for truly big air. She jumps great but not like a Kraton or Notorious. The Mojave is so very different of all the off road 6s rigs. If I had to get rid of all my rigs, I would stay with the Kraton for sure however. But I could never get rid of my RC collection of 16 rigs in 35 years of RC'ing.
I understand for most it is not practical to collect them like this.
I have a feeling If you get the Kraton, someday later on you may end up with another rig , maybe the Mojave. Good luck.

I have the v1 mojave instead of the exb but i love that truck, the suspension is amazing and handles pretty much everything (doesn't like the skatepark to good but thats what we have the kraton for right). Never had an issue with loosing wheels personally so i can't speak for that problem. But i don't think you'll regret buying a mojave

I have both the Mojave and Kraton EXB. Unfortunately, I haven't had my Mojave long enough to say that I am absolutely "in love" with it, I do like it very much. It's a completely different vehicle than the Kraton though. If I'm looking to do jumps and flips, it's the Kraton every time. If I'm looking for all out running on dirt/grass then I'll reach for the Mojave.

If you're not 100% sure, get the Kraton. According to Amainhobbies it was the no1. RC in 2019 and no.2 in 2020 (Felony was no.1), mainly because allround it's the best; onroad, off-road, speed, jumping. Not the best in one of the categories, but just very good in everything.
If you drive only off-road though get the Mojave. If you do and don't like it I know at least one person who wouldn't mind taking it from you :rolleyes:

I have both and LOVE both. It’s like being asked which is your favorite child ?
Apples and oranges....as stated it depends heavily on where and how you’ll drive it. Ssshhhh, ?keep it a secret, I love my Mojave more!

C0B88EB5-84F1-4F0D-916B-6D46EEC907E5.jpeg

Got mine yesterday i feel the suspension really weird. Super smooth but maybe too smooth? And arrma threadlock when you for the first Time when u work on it. And the black body not a fan other than that its perfect

Thanks guys.

Just for clarification, i already have a kraton 6s v4. Folks like @SrC and @Engineer who have commented above have helped me (as well as many other awesome people here) fix it on other threads on the kraton channel. :)

I love it, but the v4 is really soo brittle, so i was thinking of getting an Kraton EXB.

but based on that last image from @Cheez and the good advice from the rest of you i'm going to order the Mojave EXB + put the money into making my v4 a M2C "lite" build.

I'll start a build thread when we get it.

Last edited:
^^^ You have a 6s Kraton already, Yes just upgrade to M2C as needed. Getting another EXB Kraton is probably a waste of $ at this point. Many are still finding themselves replacing parts on that EXB with M2C. The Mojave EXB would be your next logical choice like @Cheez eluded to. (y) ?‍♂️

I had kraton for a long time, then I bought exb mojave and i like the mojave 100x more than the kraton. Sold the kraton. I'm happy.

Can you elaborate on why you like it more?

Looks. Mojave looks like a real desert truck. In my opinion Kraton looks like kids toy from wallmart. :)
And handling. Longer wheelbase and narrower track width makes it go really balanced slides. And it is not trying to wheelie all the time.

I sold my kraton to my friend, so we drive in same places and there are no big performance differences where we drive. Sometimes kraton handles better, sometimes mojave is faster.

It depends of course where you drive and what are your preferences. If I would go just jumping really big air, kraton would be my choice. But for allround vehicle, mojave is best that there is. In my opinion.

Looks. Mojave looks like a real desert truck.

This may sound stupid... but i bought the mojave because of looks too.. but... i still think the kraton looks sick too.

the mojave in videos looks like it's rc version of a caddy: floating cushy ride, etc... but the kraton looks athletic, etc...
I wish i had the EXB of both, but i'll run the economics of building up my v4 to see if i get that as well.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back