Thinking about picking up a losi db pro!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
As the title states I’m thinking about getting a losi Db pro. Does anyone here have experience with this truck? It looks really well built and would suit my bash spot perfectly. Just looking for another opinion or recommendations for a similar truck which might be better? Thanks in advance.????

I was going to get one last month but things came up but there's still time before the new season. I like the Fox body too.

As the title states I’m thinking about getting a losi Db pro. Does anyone here have experience with this truck? It looks really well built and would suit my bash spot perfectly. Just looking for another opinion or recommendations for a similar truck which might be better? Thanks in advance.????
I posted this same question on RC Talk Forum and haven't gotten any feedback. It does look pretty sweet for a 1/10 scale... aluminum chassis, shocks. Stock led light for night driving. Because the esc is rated to 4S an idea i had was to through a spare arrma blx 185 in it and run it on 4S. ?

In addition to Vas i like this guys reviews:

I'm tied between this and the Typhon 6 (2 different trucks obviously) Seen the RC driver review and it didn't convince me much the pro looked a tad slow. Need to watch some more I think.

I'm tied between this and the Typhon 6 (2 different trucks obviously) Seen the RC driver review and it didn't convince me much the pro looked a tad slow. Need to watch some more I think.

I was going back and forth on a DB Pro and a Typhon. I had/have a project in mind for the Typhon, but it may have to wait a bit so the DB won out.

I was going back and forth on a DB Pro and a Typhon. I had/have a project in mind for the Typhon, but it may have to wait a bit so the DB won out.
Cool. Let's us know how it goes, it's a lot of cash to spend if I get I wrong.

I had mini 8ight DB version of it great car but I kept breaking and/or bending my front axles on mine always had to keep spares during run days. The motor runs super hot too so get a fan or heat sink right away. Otherwise it was fun as hell still have and use mine.

I had mini 8ight DB version of it great car but I kept breaking and/or bending my front axles on mine always had to keep spares during run days. The motor runs super hot too so get a fan or heat sink right away. Otherwise it was fun as hell still have and use mine.
The new DB pro version comes with Spektrum electronics which run a lot cooler? It’s also got aluminium chassis, towers, shocks ect?

The new DB pro version comes with Spektrum electronics which run a lot cooler? It’s also got aluminium chassis, towers, shocks ect?
Would you recommend the DB over the Typhon? Would 3s be a bit underwhelming compared to 6? Looks a ton of fun though ?

Would you recommend the DB over the Typhon? Would 3s be a bit underwhelming compared to 6? Looks a ton of fun though ?

Having never driven the Db pro I can’t comment on which one I recommend however it seems to have tons of power running on 3s, the Db pro costs less, battery’s cost less, ect... The Db pro needs no upgrades out of the box, it seems strong and flies well in the air.?But if you crave the power and huge air the typhon 6s with a few upgrades would be better.?

I never drove a Typhon or a DB Pro, but here's what helped me make up my mind. I was, and still will, put together a Typhon with ASC and drift that thing everywhere. But by the time I bought everything I needed to make that happen it was more than I can spend right now. It would've been my first use of AVC and it seemed like a bit much if I didn't like it.
The DB Pro has all that stuff included, and granted it's a different drive experience but it seems like a good place to start with the "Smart" cars. I could be wrong, we'll see.

Either one you choose you'll sooner or later get the other one anyway, so it really doesn't matter which you get first.

I have a Typhon 6S but not a DB Pro. The Typhon on 6S is a demon and very tough. I put front and rear bumpers (Tbone) and it handles cart wheels and bad driving very well. I've only had to repair front shock ends when i rear ended my sons Outcast during a game of RC Tag. ?
IMO the 2019 Typhon 6S is a much better build and deal at only $50 more than the DB Pro. If i didn't have a Typhon I'd get that first. I can also get replacement parts cheaply for the Typhon from kit breakers (JRC). Haven't found the same for Losi rigs yet which may be something to consider.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back