Typhon Thinking about selling my typhon. Don’t know what’s a fair asking price. Help me out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa_fullsend

Full send or no send ??
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
So I don’t run my typhon much and unfortunately with the way things are ( being out of work for a while, thanks covid ) in order to buy a new rig I gotta sell one, to fund one. So typhon it is, seeing as I drive it the least. Anyway I just don’t know what to ask for it. I know it’s a used RC so I’m losing money but what’s fair to me and the buyer? It’s very well taken care of with only minor chassis scratches and body scuffs. I meticulously shim and care for my diffs and never reach dangerous temps on the electronics. I’ll post pics of it later here as well but here’s a list. Hoping you guys could help me come up with a fair price. Thanks

Attachments

• CE83767C-E325-4E0C-909C-D057D704EFF3.png
    CE83767C-E325-4E0C-909C-D057D704EFF3.png
    729.2 KB · Views: 81
When I look at used RC, personally I'd like to see savings of at least 40-50% off the new price otherwise I might as well buy brand new, and I'm willing to pay a bit more for good upgrades.

In terms of selling I'd look at the price of others (ebay/facebook marketplace etc) and offer something similar or lower for a quicker sale.

The typhon6s seems to be a very good middle ground. People truggify it, gt conversions etc. Have you thought about changing it up or are you looking at a new non-arrma rig altogether?

The typhon6s seems to be a very good middle ground. People truggify it, gt conversions etc. Have you thought about changing it up or are you looking at a new non-arrma rig altogether?

Looking to build a tekno yeah, don’t want to sell any of my rigs lol but if I wanna do something else any time soon I have to. Is what it is I guess
When I look at used RC, personally I'd like to see savings of at least 40-50% off the new price otherwise I might as well buy brand new, and I'm willing to pay a bit more for good upgrades.

In terms of selling I'd look at the price of others (ebay/facebook marketplace etc) and offer something similar or lower for a quicker sale.

40% for a base truck with no upgrades I would agree with. I was hoping maybe 60% with such high end upgrades lol. Guess it’s a buyers market huh ?

What about parting it out like a kit breaker? Might take a bit longer to sell all of it but maybe you’d be out a bit less? Or what fpvmiller said and try to return it back to stock or close as possible.

40% for a base truck with no upgrades I would agree with. I was hoping maybe 60% with such high end upgrades lol. Guess it’s a buyers market huh ?

That's really the bottom line, it's a buyer's market. The tough part about pricing upgrades is you've customized it how you want, but now you need to find someone else who wants the same things and sees the same value.

Why you say that? I’m following your build on the tekno forum right now hahaha
Tekno is too expensive for what it is..?
All I'll say is I took my Mojavefied and the MT410 out on Monday, the Mojavefied came home with no damage the Tekno wasn't as lucky..!!
Considering everybody says the Tekno is the toughest truck out the box, I'm afraid I'll have to disagree or I'm just unlucky..?

Tekno is too expensive for what it is..?
All I'll say is I took my Mojavefied and the MT410 out on Monday, the Mojavefied came home with no damage the Tekno wasn't as lucky..!!
Considering everybody says the Tekno is the toughest truck out the box, I'm afraid I'll have to disagree or I'm just unlucky..?

When did you get a Tekno? What broke on the MT410?

Got Tekno few weeks ago, lockdown time filler..?
Check me out on the Teknoforum, I don't want to derail the OP's thread..??

No go ahead lol please explain some more and share your thoughts cause I do want a tekno. I love arrma. Always will and I’m not Thinking selling the typhon cause I don’t like it or cause I don’t want arrma. This damn pandemic bullshlt has messed with my money situation and I just dropped 400 on m2c for the noto and talion sooo anyway I gotta sell something to get something. So I figured my typhon is the least driven of the 7 cars I have so screw it, I can build one again if I want. Anyway tekno looks awesome, and it’s something different than what I’ve got. I have an itch for something different that’s all really.

Don't get me wrong the Tekno is still awesome, but I think some of its race pedigree harm it for bashing..?

It didn't break much but at the end of the day the Arrma didn't break and the Tekno did..?

I don't think I'd buy another Tekno, but I will certainly be keeping my MT410 forever ? because it's pretty nuts..???
Also I do believe everybody should own at least one Tekno just so as to experience them..!!
Fit and finish is so much higher than Arrma it's ridiculous, no slop everything fits together like perfectly, the shocks are in another league it's like the king of kits..?
Pre-bash.....
IMG_6225 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong the Tekno is still awesome, but I think some of its race pedigree harm it for bashing..?

It didn't break much but at the end of the day the Arrma didn't break and the Tekno did..?

I don't think I'd buy another Tekno, but I will certainly be keeping my MT410 forever ? because it's pretty nuts..???
Also I do believe everybody should own at least one Tekno just so as to experience them..!!
Fit and finish is so much higher than Arrma it's ridiculous, no slop everything fits together like perfectly, the shocks are in another league it's like the king of kits..?
Pre-bash.....
View attachment 80227

Wow, I love that man. Nice job! I agree about the fit, finish and shocks on a Tekno. I almost bought an EB48 when I bought my Typhon but I’m glad I went the Typhon route. I absolutely love my ET48 though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back