Thinking about upgrading from a 3PV to a 4PM; is it worth it??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I recently built a limitless and am building an 1/8 Kraton (upgrading from stock electronics). Initially I bought the 3PV because I was too impatient to wait and the LHS didn't have any 4PM's in stock. Now I'm building the 4PM and I'm debating if I should just buy another Futaba receiver and keep the 3PV OR just buy a 4PM with a receiver. I'm debating on the merits of buying the 4PM and wanted to see what others think.
I'm not interested in radiolinks or the flysky NB4. LMK what you think and if you think it's worth spending the extra money...

really want to have integrated telemetry with the CC X8S but I guess that's not happening because I don't want o buy a 7Px.
I've read the menu is easier to use with the 4PM and that the displays is better but not sure if that justifies the additional expense but if I'm going to do it now's the time since at the bare minimum I need a new receiver for the Kraton....

I disliked my 4pm. Reason why I sold it and moved to Noble....
The range with my 4pm was worse than the dx5c.. along with the screen brightness wasn't the greatest. But even though you don't want to use nb4. I would highly recommend it.. tons of features.

Edit.
I've always been a futaba fan. But the 4pm killed it. Maybe down the road I'll try a 7px or 10px.

really want to have integrated telemetry with the CC X8S but I guess that's not happening because I don't want o buy a 7Px.
I've read the menu is easier to use with the 4PM and that the displays is better but not sure if that justifies the additional expense but if I'm going to do it now's the time since at the bare minimum I need a new receiver for the Kraton....
From the sound of it I think you'd probably be better off just getting a second receiver. Your only other option for integrated telemetry is the 4PX and those have become somewhat difficult to find. That being said, I have one and they're not nearly on the same level as the 7PX/R as it doesn't offer the option of putting the telemetry on the main screen as you can with the 7PX/R. If the 3PV does what you need it to do...do you really need the 4PM? I mean, don't get me wrong. I like buying new stuff as much as the next bloke. If you want the 4PM, hit it. I'm a big fan of Futaba transmitters myself. I have a 4PV, 4PX and 7PXR.

Well u know how it goes. I don’t really “need” any of the stuff that I buy.

Range is a priority for me but that’s pretty much it. I guess I don’t miss what I don’t know so not sure if I’d really utilize the additional features of the 4pm.
Somewhere I read that the 4pm range was a little better and if I really needed to, I could use a futaba aerial receiver but in all honesty, I doubt I’ll ever be in a situation where I’ll need it.

I just like to have my stuff overbuilt…

Well u know how it goes. I don’t really “need” any of the stuff that I buy.

Range is a priority for me but that’s pretty much it. I guess I don’t miss what I don’t know so not sure if I’d really utilize the additional features of the 4pm.
Somewhere I read that the 4pm range was a little better and if I really needed to, I could use a futaba aerial receiver but in all honesty, I doubt I’ll ever be in a situation where I’ll need it.

I just like to have my stuff overbuilt…
I feel ya there :)

Is this going to be the last / best TX you want?
If so, i would save up for a futaba 7pxr or 10px

Is this going to be the last / best TX you want?
If so, i would save up for a futaba 7pxr or 10px
Lol
Best and last is until I find something I want more….

Let’s put it this way. I have a short attention span and I had shelved all my RC stuff for about 5 years and I spent the last couple of years building a game computer and a mining computer.

My son’s friend wanted to buy one of my SCTs and when I was testing it out it renewed my interest in RC. And in 4 weeks I built a limitless and now I’m now I’m on the Kraton.

I’ve spent more time researching and testing than I have driving….
Dang it!
I hate it when you guys talk me out of spending money.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back