Thinking I want a desert buggy/racer next... what should I do? mod an Arrma? Losi? Modified Tekno?

thecyber.ninja

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion
So I have a hankering for a Desert racer like RC... I wish Arrma had something to offer. The Raider XL would probably fit the bill, but it seems to be discontinued, although Horizon Hobby is still taking backorders for it.

What I really want is an Arrma version of a 1/10 Rock Rey 4WD Rock Racer Brushless BND, but in 1/8 scale. I have heard the Rock Rey is a pain to work on or I would be all over it. The only other Losi I have is a XXX-SCB which is great, came really dialed in, but seems fairly fragile. Damn it, I want Arrma durability!

The proposed Tekno DB48 fits the bill, but is not in production yet... maybe I should shoot their Customer Service an e-mail...

Any other models that this collective group of fine individuals might suggest?

Thansk!

chevys10zr2003

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Senton, Typhon 6s
So I have a hankering for a Desert racer like RC... I wish Arrma had something to offer. The Raider XL would probably fit the bill, but it seems to be discontinued, although Horizon Hobby is still taking backorders for it.

What I really want is an Arrma version of a 1/10 Rock Rey 4WD Rock Racer Brushless BND, but in 1/8 scale. I have heard the Rock Rey is a pain to work on or I would be all over it. The only other Losi I have is a XXX-SCB which is great, came really dialed in, but seems fairly fragile. Damn it, I want Arrma durability!

The proposed Tekno DB48 fits the bill, but is not in production yet... maybe I should shoot their Customer Service an e-mail...

Thansk!
Do you mean like the one in the link below? I currently have my Senton 100% apart and am thinking of doing this with it.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/u4rc-2-2-unlimited-arrma-rock-racer-from-rcwerkz.7613/

CofNailz

ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Granite, Notorious

Thansk!
I'm in the same spot. I was leaning towards the Losi when my wife saw it, now she wants a truck.

thecyber.ninja

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Talion
Do you mean like the one in the link below? I currently have my Senton 100% apart and am thinking of doing this with it.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/u4rc-2-2-unlimited-arrma-rock-racer-from-rcwerkz.7613/
Yep, exactly like that...

Look forward to the build! I'll buy you a few beers if you document the process!

At the moment I have a v3 Talion and v3 Outcast... I would need to sacrifice one of them and order some parts... but was curious if there was a good kit out there that would be comparable...

Look forward to the build! I'll buy you a few beers if you document the process!

At the moment I have a v3 Talion and v3 Outcast... I would need to sacrifice one of them and order some parts... but was curious if there was a good kit out there that would be comparable...
I'm in the same spot. I was leaning towards the Losi when my wife saw it, now she wants a truck.
I have heard that Arrma frequents various forums, I was hoping to show a strong desire for a desert buggy/racer....

chevys10zr2003

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Senton, Typhon 6s

I have heard that Arrma frequents various forums, I was hoping to show a strong desire for a desert buggy/racer....
Instead of sacrificing one or the other, I would buy the parts that you need to convert one honestly. My biggest problem is that I always look into the build and it all looks good and then I realize that the rims are $120 and that's where i give up lol.