Thinking I want a desert buggy/racer next... what should I do? mod an Arrma? Losi? Modified Tekno?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thecyber.ninja

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
So I have a hankering for a Desert racer like RC... I wish Arrma had something to offer. The Raider XL would probably fit the bill, but it seems to be discontinued, although Horizon Hobby is still taking backorders for it.

What I really want is an Arrma version of a 1/10 Rock Rey 4WD Rock Racer Brushless BND, but in 1/8 scale. I have heard the Rock Rey is a pain to work on or I would be all over it. The only other Losi I have is a XXX-SCB which is great, came really dialed in, but seems fairly fragile. Damn it, I want Arrma durability!

The proposed Tekno DB48 fits the bill, but is not in production yet... maybe I should shoot their Customer Service an e-mail...

Any other models that this collective group of fine individuals might suggest?

Thansk!

So I have a hankering for a Desert racer like RC... I wish Arrma had something to offer. The Raider XL would probably fit the bill, but it seems to be discontinued, although Horizon Hobby is still taking backorders for it.

What I really want is an Arrma version of a 1/10 Rock Rey 4WD Rock Racer Brushless BND, but in 1/8 scale. I have heard the Rock Rey is a pain to work on or I would be all over it. The only other Losi I have is a XXX-SCB which is great, came really dialed in, but seems fairly fragile. Damn it, I want Arrma durability!

The proposed Tekno DB48 fits the bill, but is not in production yet... maybe I should shoot their Customer Service an e-mail...

Thansk!
Do you mean like the one in the link below? I currently have my Senton 100% apart and am thinking of doing this with it.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/u4rc-2-2-unlimited-arrma-rock-racer-from-rcwerkz.7613/

Thansk!
I'm in the same spot. I was leaning towards the Losi when my wife saw it, now she wants a truck.

Do you mean like the one in the link below? I currently have my Senton 100% apart and am thinking of doing this with it.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/u4rc-2-2-unlimited-arrma-rock-racer-from-rcwerkz.7613/
Yep, exactly like that...

Look forward to the build! I'll buy you a few beers if you document the process!

At the moment I have a v3 Talion and v3 Outcast... I would need to sacrifice one of them and order some parts... but was curious if there was a good kit out there that would be comparable...

Look forward to the build! I'll buy you a few beers if you document the process!

At the moment I have a v3 Talion and v3 Outcast... I would need to sacrifice one of them and order some parts... but was curious if there was a good kit out there that would be comparable...
I'm in the same spot. I was leaning towards the Losi when my wife saw it, now she wants a truck.
I have heard that Arrma frequents various forums, I was hoping to show a strong desire for a desert buggy/racer....

I have heard that Arrma frequents various forums, I was hoping to show a strong desire for a desert buggy/racer....
Instead of sacrificing one or the other, I would buy the parts that you need to convert one honestly. My biggest problem is that I always look into the build and it all looks good and then I realize that the rims are $120 and that's where i give up lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back