Granite Thinking of a Granite Voltage 2WD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1stGranite

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
I have a Granite 4x4 mega that is awesome but I'm thinking of comparing it with a 2wd. (And i have A lot of 2wd parts)
But would it be as durable as the mega 4x4? If you have anymore tips or info tell me.

Don't waste your time or money on the voltage its okay if your gonna keep it stock and get the fazon(smaller tires) it just can't handle any more power or MT tires , the weak transmission and no slipper clutch really kill this thing not to mention having to split the chassis to replace the diff, if you want a good cheap 2wd look at a ECX circuit or Amp or ruckus they are cheap and easy to work on and they have a metal diff upgrade from ecx for like $35 if you want to make it brushless

I started with a voltage and knowing what I know now I wouldn't have bothered. It's cheap because of its integrated chassis construction, all plastic drivetrain with no clutch ( just gears on gears), 2 in 1 ESC/receiver combo, and bare essentials for everything else.

The chassis is a two piece construction (left and right sides) that screw together and the shock towers, motor mount, spur/idler gear/diff housing, and internal battery compartment are all part of it's construction and non-replaceable individually. If you bust the plastic motor mount, break a shock post, etc it's all new chassis time and complete tear down.

The worst tho is the poor spur/drive gear, and diff outputs and rear plastic diff cups. The spur is a 1 piece plastic design with a plastic shaft and drive gear and there is no upgraded replacement. The diff output cups are plastic and will strip out easily and the outdrives of the differentials are small and weak and snap easily on 2s lipos.

The voltage is mainly a beginners truck intended for people to get their feet wet. Replacements are cheap tho but that was before covid, now you can't find them anywhere.

I owned the voltage for a week before getting a 3s BLX. If you're coming from a mega and want another truck I personally feel it's better to buy up, not buy down.

I started with a voltage and knowing what I know now I wouldn't have bothered. It's cheap because of its integrated chassis construction, all plastic drivetrain with no clutch ( just gears on gears), 2 in 1 ESC/receiver combo, and bare essentials for everything else.

The chassis is a two piece construction (left and right sides) that screw together and the shock towers, motor mount, spur/idler gear/diff housing, and internal battery compartment are all part of it's construction and non-replaceable individually. If you bust the plastic motor mount, break a shock post, etc it's all new chassis time and complete tear down.

The worst tho is the poor spur/drive gear, and diff outputs and rear plastic diff cups. The spur is a 1 piece plastic design with a plastic shaft and drive gear and there is no upgraded replacement. The diff output cups are plastic and will strip out easily and the outdrives of the differentials are small and weak and snap easily on 2s lipos.

The voltage is mainly a beginners truck intended for people to get their feet wet. Replacements are cheap tho but that was before covid, now you can't find them anywhere.

I owned the voltage for a week before getting a 3s BLX. If you're coming from a mega and want another truck I personally feel it's better to buy up, not buy down.
First my mega is a brushless conversion ad is faster than the blx stock. second i was asking about this just so i can race around with someone else. Thank you for the info though that really helped.

First my mega is a brushless conversion ad is faster than the blx stock. second i was asking about this just so i can race around with someone else. Thank you for the info though that really helped.
Sorry if I came off sounding like I was riding a BLX high horse :ROFLMAO: But if you're thinking of a 2WD hobby grade vehicle that isn't going to break the bank the ECX Amp linueup sounds like it would be worth looking into. It's definitely easier to service than the Voltage is.

I'd go one step further and say the Voltage is a toy grade RC. No upgrade parts and no parts availability means once it breaks and there's no parts for it, you throw it away. I've had $50 toy RCs that are tougher than the Voltage.

I just ordered one for my son's birthday. Unfortunately, it's on back-order until next month in July.

I'll second the ECX. If you are on a tight budget, the AMP should be good. If you have a few more $$, look to the Ruckus Brushless. Dang, looking atthe HH site, looks like all the Brushless ECX trucks are gone. What a shame.

There is the AMP Crush MT - look fun, closer to a scale "real" Monster Truck. But 2wd. https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...and/1-10-amp-crush-mt-2wd-blue-rtr-ecx03048t1

With all ECX, though, you gotta have a LHS that will support them, as HH rules say no internet sales for the brand... Sux.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back