Thinking of a new radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
I currently have the flysky gt5 and honestly I love it and whenever I go back to the RTR remotes I realize how much I love the flysky. So that makes me wonder if I would enjoy another radio even more? Any recommendations or opinions on flysky vs something else?

I currently have the flysky gt5 and honestly I love it and whenever I go back to the RTR remotes I realize how much I love the flysky. So that makes me wonder if I would enjoy another radio even more? Any recommendations or opinions on flysky vs something else?
If you have the Flysky GT5 then I think a Radiolink RC6GS V2 should do pretty well. Not sure if you are into speedrunning but it has great range and a lot of features for the money. I run mine off a 2s 1500mAh 25c lipo.

If you have the Flysky GT5 then I think a Radiolink RC6GS V2 should do pretty well. Not sure if you are into speedrunning but it has great range and a lot of features for the money. I run mine off a 2s 1500mAh 25c lipo.
No speed running, but my RC spot is big and I do get out of range sometimes though so I guess some more range would be good. How often do you have to charge that battery?

No speed running, but my RC spot is big and I do get out of range sometimes though so I guess some more range would be good. How often do you have to charge that battery?
Never really. I have been using it at 3.8v per cell (Storage charge). I have been out for 2 hrs total and I have only lost 0.3v.

Gatta say those futabas are visually awesome. The Noble looks a bit goofy with that wheel but I'm sure it's a great radio. Any specific futaba or are they all great @WoodiE?

I recently upgraded from a Futaba 4PL to the Futaba 4PM when I got my Mojave EXB. Honestly the Futaba 3PV would be a super nice radio for most everyone and the Futaba 4PM a nice step up. Those that just have the extra money and need the extra features then move to the Futaba 7PXR.

But go with the 3PV or the 4PM. Either will be fantastic.
I’ve owned the 3PV and the Noble and the Noble is an iPhone 12 Pro and the 3PV is an iPhone 5. Not even close in features. As far as build quality, the Noble is by far better. It also has dual batteries for ultra long run time. The 3PV uses AA batteries or you have to buy a small 2S lipo. The Noble has so many settings and much cheaper receivers. The Noble also has potential for longer range as well.

That said, I believe the higher end Futaba radios might equal the Noble, but they are considerably higher in price. I can’t justify a $700 radio.

I’ve owned the 3PV and the Noble and the Noble is an iPhone 12 Pro and the 3PV is an iPhone 5. Not even close in features. As far as build quality, the Noble is by far better. It also has dual batteries for ultra long run time. The 3PV uses AA batteries or you have to buy a small 2S lipo. The Noble has so many settings and much cheaper receivers. The Noble also has potential for longer range as well.

That said, I believe the higher end Futaba radios might equal the Noble, but they are considerably higher in price. I can’t justify a $700 radio.
That's everything I wanted to hear right there. Thank you for that. What do you mean by the potential for longer range?
I recently upgraded from a Futaba 4PL to the Futaba 4PM when I got my Mojave EXB. Honestly the Futaba 3PV would be a super nice radio for most everyone and the Futaba 4PM a nice step up. Those that just have the extra money and need the extra features then move to the Futaba 7PXR.

But go with the 3PV or the 4PM. Either will be fantastic.
I will look into them but the noble does sound pretty great, have you ever had one?

Many threads on this subject, do a search and get the same answers.

Hey thanks man! Appreciate it bro 👊👊👊👊
Hey Man, didn't mean to come off like a ass, that's not me, just wanted to let you know this subject has been discussed a few times in good detail and thought you could get some good information and recommendations from there also. Whatever you choose there are a few really good ones out there as you know. 😎👊👊

Hey Man, didn't mean to come off like a ass, that's not me, just wanted to let you know this subject has been discussed a few times in good detail and thought you could get some good information and recommendations from there also. Whatever you choose there are a few really good ones out there as you know. 😎👊👊
All good homie, just don't enjoy using the search bar because it's really not easy to find things all the time. Honestly far easier to just ask and get some new opinions. Also some threads on things are old so there might be some new info that changes those old feelings and if someone wants to give me info then I very much appreciate it

You could just get a DX5C. Its under 200 and it has some nice features.
puke GIF

All good homie, just don't enjoy using the search bar because it's really not easy to find things all the time. Honestly far easier to just ask and get some new opinions. Also some threads on things are old so there might be some new info that changes those old feelings and if someone wants to give me info then I very much appreciate it
Totally agree. 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back