Thinking of buying a boat... talk to me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
72923193-5808-4741-9B55-38B205418B6D.jpeg

Reading your title, thought you were talking about real boat, first thought, don't do it, $$! ?
Haha yeah I got friends with those kinds of problems. I just go and visit them anytime I get that itch and listen to them b!tch. ??

Jon, your tundra will be frozen soon, put boat on back burner and get yourself a ski or plow. ?
Shhhhh don’t wish such things. We’ve been having such a warm fall so far that it seems like it’s going to stay 80F all winter long. ???‍♂️

Not thinking of a drone? There's a guy that runs his drones where I run my Granite. He's got the VR goggles. The control is sick. Under, over, and around trees. It's not a wide open area and he navigates it perfectly.

Not thinking of a drone? There's a guy that runs his drones where I run my Granite. He's got the VR goggles. The control is sick. Under, over, and around trees. It's not a wide open area and he navigates it perfectly.
I have a DJI Mavic Pro but no speed drones. I don’t have a bug for air vehicles other than for cinematography.

RC boats are quickly becoming one of the most popular remote control vehicle types. Everyone who have access to a lake or river, even if is a professional or an enthusiast may enjoy a controlled boat. The equipment available now are quite modern. They recommended me to buy altair aa102, and I don’t regret for spending money on it. Is a fantastic boat that really has an outstanding look and performance. It comes loaded with features that include a system that allows this bout to right itself if it flips over. As my first boat that I owned, I can ensure you that it deserve all the money I spent on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried an Amazon special, udi something or other little brushless boat. It's a blast as an eye for 120 bucks. Makes me want a bigger one. I bought it to try it, see if I liked the water before I invested real money. But I will say it definitely is pushing me towards a full size nice one.
What I have learned so far, self righting is dang near a must. Also some form of telemetry, even the cheapo Amazon special beeps when battery gets low, or if I'm close to edge of range

Pro boat ul-19 if you can put your hands on one.. 65-85mph boat depending on setup..

Aquacraft ul-1 45-60mph depending on setup...

don't forget the kyak or a fishing pole with a tennis ball on it for retrieval..?

Spent alot of good years in the boating scene, always liked them better than ground vehicles.. it goes into the water clean, and comes out of the water clean..?
Love my UL-1, another one that has been sitting for a couple years👍🏼
81577383-D190-4E8C-8387-C4E70C9A365E.jpeg

Run time is really low. I have a pro boat sonicwake and it's about 4-5 minutes total. That's with SMC 6500 mah batteries. Don't get me wrong it's a lot of fun and fast as hell but too short run time. You also will want a second boat or rescue boat for when you need to recover a flipped boat. There are some that are self righting.

View attachment 101633
Or a rescue duck?
EC4481C8-63BA-4372-B5C8-75905B899270.jpeg

I’ve never had an RC boat before but have some prime areas to run one nearby and am throwing around the idea of buying one. Before you say it, I will NOT buy a Traxass product, so save that advice. You can miss me with that one.

I saw some ProBoats that looked cool but nothing is in stock. Also saw one on the Saylors that looked kind of ok but really basic.

I’m not spending $$$$ on this but I don’t want a tiny little TPU grade POS either. Something $200-$400 that will be fun. I’ve got plenty of lipos from 2S to 6S if they can run car sized packs then that would be ideal.
pm me

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back