Infraction Thinking of buying a infraction v2.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luis41510

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
Hey guys thinking of buying me a infraction v2. My only concern is how long do tires last? I kinda don’t want to buy a new set every time I go bash. Honestly I’ll probably go HAM with it rite out the box, I know this hobby is expensive but just want to consider how long they last thanks . Also maybe what are it’s weak points that need attention.

Get the silver hoons as they last longer. I haven’t used my cars since covid hit, plus I’m waiting for the temps to drop. This Florida weather kills me

if you’re not going through tyres then you’re not having fun ?

It's not a cheap car to run, thats something to understand upfront. Tires go quickly and crashes are easy unless you are an experiened driver. So be prepared to shell out for tires for certain, and parts if you crash it. With that said, it's ridiculously fun to run the truck. It screams on 6s. Best advice I can give is run it on 4s at first and go from there, because 6s is bananas. Weakest spot is the front splitter, comes off as if it were made out of potato chips.

Hoons white - 2 packs down to slicks
belts exploding or visible
GRP S7 - 10 packs (Asphalt ~ 120F)
GRP S5 - 9 packs (Asphalt ~ 100F)
All 4 tires worn evenly. I was going easier on the S5's, at least I thought I did.
In both cases the belts started showing after 7-8 packs (in spots).

On 2nd set of S5 and after 3 packs I have I small spot with belt showing, the others didn't do that.

No, not cheap. For me it's 2-3 sessions with multiple Lipo's but I knew that upfront. I'd give the Hoons Silver a try but they would have to last 15 sessions for the price and doubt they'll make it.

Get the silver hoons as they last longer. I haven’t used my cars since covid hit, plus I’m waiting for the temps to drop. This Florida weather kills me

Damn I just seen they’re $80 for 2?
It's not a cheap car to run, thats something to understand upfront. Tires go quickly and crashes are easy unless you are an experiened driver. So be prepared to shell out for tires for certain, and parts if you crash it. With that said, it's ridiculously fun to run the truck. It screams on 6s. Best advice I can give is run it on 4s at first and go from there, because 6s is bananas. Weakest spot is the front splitter, comes off as if it were made out of potato chips.
Thanks for the info ?
All 4 tires worn evenly. I was going easier on the S5's, at least I thought I did.

On 2nd set of S5 and after 3 packs I have I small spot with belt showing, the others didn't do that.

No, not cheap. For me it's 2-3 sessions with multiple Lipo's but I knew that upfront. I'd give the Hoons Silver a try but they would have to last 15 sessions for the price and doubt they'll make it.
Thanks that really helps

That’s some good info glad to know I’ll get at least 2 sessions

? if I can get one might have to wait for November they’re on back order

Last edited:
Damn I just seen they’re $80 for 2?

Thanks for the info ?

Thanks that really helps

That’s some good info glad to know I’ll get at least 2 sessions

? if I can get one might have to wait for November they’re on back order
Power hobby on eBay has em in stock
https://www.ebay.com/itm/392721244136

I’d also pickup some S7’s cause those are nice too and less expensive with more availability. ??

as for the choice on the infraction, you can’t put a price on smiles for miles haha. The infraction is a beast of a car, don’t hesitate buy that thing ;) if your mixing it up with some Fly by’s mixed with some light drifting you’ll be able to stretch the tires out. But if I’m Honest getting out there for some tire shredding action just constantly drifting is way fun.

Last edited:
....as for the choice on the infraction, you can’t put a price on smiles for miles haha. The infraction is a beast of a car, don’t hesitate buy that thing ;)
(y)(y)??
Can't even describe the grin I had on my face first go around and it's still ongoing many packs into it. Damn the 'tires', it's worth it. :happy:??

I want one too, but think a few sets of tires should come first.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back