Infraction Thinking of upgrading the esc and motor hobbywing max6 2200kv?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 8s
  8. Typhon 3s
I just recently got an infraction v2, I have a new max6 sitting here at home, I want to use it in the infraction. I’m happy with it how it is but would the 2200kv motor be better or worse then stock? Would I need to change the motor mount and pinion size? Not looking to run 8s or any crazy speed runs. I’m happy just bashing it around and shredding tires lol thanks!

U have this.well probably wanna drop a couple teeth cause 2200kv will have more tire speed than 2050kv. Watch temperature on motor an gear either way.motor same size as stock, better motor than stock.

Screenshot_20210129-152551_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I believe so or I’ve seen 1650kv 4985 setups im just looking for the best overall replacement for the stock setup
I had the max6 1650kv setup in my infraction it was better torque wise but the ESC limits its self (built-in amp limiting ) I now have an MMX8S ESC & 1717 castle motor which I'm very happy with. the hobbywing combo works on the stock motor mount and I was using a 23 tooth pinion with a homemade fan setup

Do you like the mmx8s setup better? What do you mean the esc limited itself?
mmx8s setup is a lot better same kv as the hobbywing max 6 but can be run on 8s ( some guys have run the hobbywing on 8s with no problems ) the max 6 if pushed too hard has amp cut off built-in from the factory

I run the max6 in my kraton now and it works well as not constantly on full throttle like the infraction

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back