This can't be good

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I'm guessing the diff oil needs changing.

20191112_155149.jpg

I just use simple green in a bowl with a toothbrush. Not the same one I brush my teeth with of course ? then I rinse with water and repeat until clean. If you go slow in the sink like I do. (Wife would kill me if she knew) the oil will float to the top. Then drain and more simple green if necessary and dry with paper towels. Kind of a slow process but doesn’t stink up the house ?

I just use simple green in a bowl with a toothbrush. Not the same one I brush my teeth with of course ? then I rinse with water and repeat until clean. If you go slow in the sink like I do. (Wife would kill me if she knew) the oil will float to the top. Then drain and more simple green if necessary and dry with paper towels. Kind of a slow process but doesn’t stink up the house ?
I stunk up the house baking a tire today. ??

You have to take the sun gear off and pull the pin behind it out. Then the out drive cup will pull out.

I use naptha for cleaning diffs. It breaks down the silicone oil really well. That with an old toothbrush will clean it up. Does stink though.

It doesn't take that long for diff oil to look like that. I only had a couple packs through my outcast between rear diff failures and the oil went from new to like that in just the few packs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back