Kraton This happening to anyone else?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So did you run it again with the 20 mill and it broke? Im running stock oils and never had an issue but will be upgrading to 500k in the center to help with ballooning. 500-mill is max for the center IMHO, Hell duperbash runs 200 in his stock Kraton and everything else....when he upgrades the motor/gearing THEN he goes to 500. If it works for him...IJS
And did you say you put 20k in the outer diff case? That wont do a lot as it wont stay on the gears...it will run off....try 100% Blood outside the diff.
Yes, 20mill and it broke again. Read responses after I broke it. Like I said I will be changing to 1mill.

"And did you say you put 20k in the outer diff case?" Nope. didn't say that. ?‍♂️ I run Lucas Red on the outside.

I can't believe Duperbash doesn't break these more! I guess it's all in the set up, and mines not right yet!

Thank you everyone!!! This forum is awesome!! I'm gonna go change some gears and fluids now.

Last edited:
Yes, 20mill and it broke again. Read responses after I broke it. Like I said I will be changing to 1mill.

"And did you say you put 20k in the outer diff case?" Nope. didn't say that. ?‍♂️ I run Lucas Red on the outside.

I can't believe Duperbash doesn't break these more! I guess it's all in the set up, and mines not right yet!

Thank you everyone!!! This forum is awesome!! I'm gonna go change some gears and fluids now.
Good luck with the fix man. Hop that sorts it.
Yeah it was @BillCranford that mentioned the 20k in the outer diff

would honestly be quite hard to break the pins with 200k in the center... especially with good throttle control.. im sure the ones that did break on him were from on throttle landings, trying to get the chassis squared up to the ground... i go through a couple sets a season from that exact reason... the pin shears, then takes out the gear as the now shorter center section of the pin rotates through the bore spreading and popping the gear... so again the pins are the failure point.. if you want to run a locked center you will need to source better pins..

I actually run a CNC dept that makes parts for aerospace and defense. I was gonna just turn up some pins out of different matl. I'm hoping that a diff fld change solves it tho.

Throttle controll??? What's that?!?!?!

I actually run a CNC dept that makes parts for aerospace and defense. I was gonna just turn up some pins out of different matl. I'm hoping that a diff fld change solves it tho.

Like not landing with the trigger engaged because when you land the car comes into a suddent stop while the motor is still trying to run at the speed your telling him to go

aww man! stop screwing with these factory parts then man.. all that at your disposal and buying factory pins? ?‍♂️

turn some out of inc. and be done with it forever..
Like not landing with the trigger engaged because when you land the car comes into a suddent stop while the motor is still trying to run at the speed your telling him to go

pretty sure it was a joke...??????

Throttle had something to do with my diff breakage. I did about a 3/4 back flip. Was on the throttle hard to get the kraton to rotate more and it nosed into the ground. Front tires gripped while rear wheels free wheeled. = broken rear diff.

turn some out of inc. and be done with it forever.. Inconel? I was thinking 17-4 cond. 1025. Don't mean to get technical

F+R=C Don't know what that means but I think you're ripping on me.

I obviously haven't figured out multi quote yet...

turn some out of inc. and be done with it forever.. Inconel? I was thinking 17-4 cond. 1025. Don't mean to get technical

Normally, on the track, we try to respect the diff fluid amount; front diff + rear diff = center diff.
Right now, I have 7k in front, 10K center and 7K in the rear. Trying thicker in the rear for this summer; too much power from the rear end.

Last edited:
Ahhhh.......Front + Rear = Center. Gottcha. 30 + 60 = Nevermind
Track? No no no. Just a basher here. Much respect tho! I don't have time or money to do that.
BTW, I did put 60 in the center (it's what I have on hand) after removing the 20mill. 45 min of my Covid19 quarantine life I'll never get back. Actually, I should be at work.
Anyway, I went to take her for a rip.........and..........battery died w/i 30 seconds. I WILL post the outcome tho. ASAP.
Thanks again gentlemen!

I obviously haven't figured out multi quote yet...

yes.. inconel.. man thats some hard sh*t..

that stainless should work quite well also.. if you have a bunch on hand run it..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back