This hobby stinks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SAFE tech in a plane is cool, but it's "a bit like" using a gyro in a car on the steering servo. A help but you have to know what you do. In a drone it's cool. But planes and drones are two totally different rc toys.

6s in a Kraton for a beginner does the same as for someone experienced. You go to fast and high and loose control - stuff breaks. 4s on a 6s car is half the ticket to take it home - not broken.
Not if you REALLY learn how to drive lol I'm pretty well versed and bash with my 6s Kraton and Noto all the time. The only things that break are USUALLY things like a stripped pinion gear or maybe a fan stopped working or a rock jams up the servo....stuff that's out of your control lol There's a difference between bashing in control and bashing just to smash crap lol

I bought a fazon 6s yesterday (I think). Now on my next bash session I bend my chassis break my wing mount and one of my motor cooling fans will not turn on. All that happened immediately after I bought a rc car my budget can't afford. !USED FAZON 6s and TALION 6s for sale! (just kidding)
I agree with you, it is a waste of money. You need to spend about $300 pm just to keep a Typhon running, it breaks just by looking at it. Total rubbish.

Even the little foam trainers with SAFE tech? My gf wants to start flying RC planes. I have no interest in it, but it'd be fun to both be in the RC hobby together.
Nah... an Apprentice s15 is pretty easy to fly and a great if not the best trainer . 3 flying mode to choose from and a very handy panic button to save the day . I've learned on it and I just moved on a new and more challenging plane ... Your GF can get one with confidence, don't forget to tell her that altitude will be her new boyfriend :)

Start flying RC planes. My observation: They last on average 10 - 15 seconds for a newcomer who did not get a simulator or someone who can teach. That is 10 - 15 seconds total flying time until totally damaged and not repairable. ;)
LMAO because it is so true. my 10 to 15 seconds was in germany in 85 I think by now my plane has reached the end of the Rhine river..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back