This is getting old. I need a solid gear.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8000ft

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I think this will be my third or fourth
KIMG0708.JPG
set of broken gears in the rear differential of my talion.I really hope that Arma steps up and make some solid gears to go in this thing. I will say that their customer service was great, I called them earlier last week and they shipped me out a new set of gears so I guess I will go ahead and install them now. Wonder how long this set will last?

I think this will be my third or fourthView attachment 50653 set of broken gears in the rear differential of my talion.I really hope that Arma steps up and make some solid gears to go in this thing. I will say that their customer service was great, I called them earlier last week and they shipped me out a new set of gears so I guess I will go ahead and install them now. Wonder how long this set will last?
Definitely a weak link. I've had too many of those planetary gears break into 3 or 4 pieces recently. Something just a little stronger would go a long way.

I beat the daylights out of all mine and I've only ever broken 1 internal gear and the pin underneath it. I speculated at the time that it was due to having too tight of an assembly after shimming a new diff I bought from JRC. I knew it was on the notchy side after I got everything put together but figured by the time I broke in the new gearset it should loosen up a bit and be just right. 4-5 packs later is when that diff let go with the only internal gear failure I've had.
I have since gone from running all my diffs shimmed with the traditional way, where we add 1 additional small shim per satellite axle, plus a larger shim under the sun gear at each end, to just adding the 2 larger shims under the sun gears and that's it. No additional small shims added to my differentials, with no issues since making the switch to fewer shims.

I have since gone from running all my diffs shimmed with the traditional way, where we add 1 additional small shim per satellite axle, plus a larger shim under the sun gear at each end, to just adding the 2 larger shims under the sun gears and that's it. No additional small shims added to my differentials, with no issues since making the switch to fewer shims.
Might have to give this a try. I've been shimming the old way since day one.

Might have to give this a try. I've been shimming the old way since day one.
I've only broken one pin between 4 trucks and that was over a year ago. I don't shim the small gears.

I've only broken one pin between 4 trucks and that was over a year ago. I don't shim the small gears.
Next tear down, all small shims out. Enjoying race weekend?

Idk how much truth there is too this but supposedly these are a direct fit and are a much better gear.
You must replace both at the same time.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/mugen-seiki-htd-differential-gear-2-20t-muge2239/p587569

https://www.amainhobbies.com/mugen-seiki-htd-differential-gear-4-10t-muge2238/p587568
Worth giving a try at the least. Hope someone who's tried them can confirm fitment. Start a separate thread on the idea, so anyone who has might chime in. Too hard from mobile

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back