Talion This is how my Talion bashing almost always ends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dude

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Wing rips off almost always. Yes, I do know that jumping and bashing has it's limits. Not blaming Arrma for that.

What are your solutions to this? Buddy was talking about a tennis ball instead of a wing. Not sure how much the wing does in creating downforce during bashing anyway.

Talion Bash.jpg

Make sure the lock nuts are actually in the wingmount where your screws are pulling out. You should also buy some better washers for the wing screw. I've actually used the round shock piston thingies that come with the rigs as washers for my wings and they work really well and they are big.

Make sure the lock nuts are actually in the wingmount where your screws are pulling out. You should also buy some better washers for the wing screw. I've actually used the round shock piston thingies that come with the rigs as washers for my wings and they work really well and they are big.
thats what I use good aren't they only the blank one's though :)

thats what I use good aren't they only the blank one's though :)

Yessir!! though I'm trying to figure out why people are suggesting 3drc as his wing mount wasn't the problem and 3drc doesn't even make the part that his screws are pulling out from X_X

Wing rips off almost always. Yes, I do know that jumping and bashing has it's limits. Not blaming Arrma for that.

What are your solutions to this? Buddy was talking about a tennis ball instead of a wing. Not sure how much the wing does in creating downforce during bashing anyway.

View attachment 258402
A wheelie bar helps a lot. I use the T-bone but they went out of business. Of course all the things said above too. Does 3dshopify make this wheelie bars?? HINT

image.jpg

I soak my talion wings in wd40 trying to make them more flexible and also try not to land on it. sometimes I will break two in no time then I can have one on there for six months or so without it breaking like alot of things in rc

Rubber/ TPU wing...👍.. they last a very long time... They just absorb the impact..

Thought about that. TPU might be an option. Just looks a bit messy with TPU.
PLA, PETG just break right away. Used greentec PLA for Fanmounts (no impact, more heat resistant), works fine. Some wing files on thingiverse.

Last edited:
Driver error here. Plain and simple. Stop landing on your ass. Practice more.:giggle:
You could definitely use alloy Wing Buttons. The wide ones perhaps. Arrma also has Alloy ones. Like the ones found as stock on my TLRT Typhon.
I don't believe the wings are truly the issue. The wing can even pull out stripping the captured nuts. Not obvious at first. Need to replace the captired nuts also. Been there.
Also you can try different wings altogether. Some are more durable than others. What I noticed. Some flex more, other don't. The ones that are more rigid will cause the Mounts to break first. Trial and error, then pick your poison. But you will always be chasing a ghost. Carnage getting the best of your rig. Then its your driving.
Overall this is just driver error along with the Talion style wing.
I noticed I don't break my wings or mounts any more. I just got better skilled with my bashing style. I've eaten my share of mounts more than wings however, when I first started bashing Arrma rigs 7+ years ago.
If/when you do break your wing mounts , definitely try the 3dRC ones. Everyone swears by them.(y)

Thought about that. TPU might be an option. Just looks a bit messy with TPU.
PLA, PETG just break right away. Used greentec PLA for Fanmounts (no impact, more heat resistant), works fine. Some wing files on thingiverse.

Been using TPU for wings for a very long time.. works great .👍.. prints can be plenty clean if your settings are correct..

The main problem is going with too much throttle over a bump and not having enough throttle to correct in the air. Keeps happening at the same place. There is a small bump before the main bump. That is actually the challenge and problem. :giggle: Gives quite a few options.

• Nearly full speed over the first bump, land on the second bump and be catapulted really high.
  • 1/2 throttle over first bump and full throttle after it for a flip.
  • Full speed an hope for the best. And see who lands furthest.
  • Or slow and take everything home in one piece. :unsure:
Basically I am happy at that spot if only the wing comes off and a wishbone breaks. It's the Talion after all...

Been using TPU for wings for a very long time.. works great .👍.. prints can be plenty clean if your settings are correct..
That's true. Have bowden printers only and no direct extruders. :cool: But still OK, see pictures. Just needs cleaning.

TPU.jpg

TPU2.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back