This is probably sacrilege against Arrma...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

Bash Break Repeat!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Outcast 6s
I wanted to run a different set of tires on one of my nitro revo's tomorrow to bash on grass. The ones I had on there were mismatched and it got a bit sketchy when in flight. One of the 4 I had on it blew out and all I had to replace it was a really old/more worn one.

So, I had this spare set of Kraton tires I got off the facebook page just sitting there that I was going to try on my outcast... but the sidewalls felt kind of thin for skate park use and I never used them...
2019-0404-Revo21TM-Minokawa-EngineSide.jpg

2019-0404-Revo21TM-Minokawa-top.jpg

The ones I had on it were 0 offset. I think these are 1/2". They are lighter than the traxxas t-maxx 3.3 tires I had on there... so should help it fly a bit. :)

I wanted to run a different set of tires on one of my nitro revo's tomorrow to bash on grass. The ones I had on there were mismatched and it got a bit sketchy when in flight. One of the 4 I had on it blew out and all I had to replace it was a really old/more worn one.

So, I had this spare set of Kraton tires I got off the facebook page just sitting there that I was going to try on my outcast... but the sidewalls felt kind of thin for skate park use and I never used them...

The ones I had on it were 0 offset. I think these are 1/2". They are lighter than the traxxas t-maxx 3.3 tires I had on there... so should help it fly a bit. :)
No harm, no foul. Arrma to the rescue!

I use Arrma parts on my Traxxas vehicles all the time.
Here's my Summit.
20190211_152834.jpg

I wouldn't worry about. I'm curious what would happen if you posted this on the Traxxas forum.

While we're talking tires...anyone tried the dBoot Ragnarok tires? I mean, just the name makes them badass imo. Plus the tread looks perfect for dirt.

I wouldn't worry about. I'm curious what would happen if you posted this on the Traxxas forum.

While we're talking tires...anyone tried the dBoot Ragnarok tires? I mean, just the name makes them badass imo. Plus the tread looks perfect for dirt.
Yeah, they get kind of fussy with my stuff since one revo has an LRP28S3 big block in it and the other has an OS21TM in it... I don't run a single traxxas engine. Hate those things. lol!

Aren't those the ones on the Big Rock Crew Cab? If so, they are terrible.

The only thing I have left from my nitro revo are 2 sets of tires & I occasionally throw them on a Kraton. The 1/8 Big Rock tires are iffy at best. They have the same dimensions as the Yeti XL tires along with the same stability issues as the 1/10 tires. I only used them twice & threw them on the shelf.

I used a traxxas rod end and shock end on my outcast a couple weeks ago while I was out bashing... Made it through a pack before blowing the shock end off, but the tie-rod end held up. :)

traxxas parts are def cool when used as replacement parts for arrma trucks...

@olds97_lss Look sweet man!

I did the same thing. I put Kraton wheels on my Revo 3.3. I found too good of a deal to pass up.

My Slash had an Arrma pacemaker installed. Almost lost her, but she runs like a clock now. View attachment 34789
When my Traxxas flops, it'll get Arrma power as an automatic. You *done it right imo.
And I'll use leftover Arrma parts cause why would I spend any more than I've spent? lmao
Aftermarket parts support argument can kma.
Sorry to rant off the cuff. I just love to see Traxxas improved by Arrma. We'll see much more and in bigger scale I bet within the year. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back