This is why I would never want a plastic chassis on a 1/8 scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So why does Kevin Talbot swear by them?
because he sells spare parts for them on ebay... hes broken heaps of stuff, watch his videos he cant fix a RC to save his life.
every video that theres a xmaxx, the body is falls off or its off because somethings wrong.

Also he drives on the correct side, right hand on wheel, left for shifting. there are more right handers than left.

his videos are entertaining as, but man his RC knowledge bank hasnt got larger than how to turn a screw driver and pull the trigger

his videos are entertaining as, but man his RC knowledge bank hasnt got larger than how to turn a screw driver and pull the trigger
Sub-scribe!

Here's the hit that did it. Doesn't seem that bad to me :ROFLMAO: 2 foot jump! Warranty!

I almost tried that once on my E-R 2.0 and it shut down, started crying and put it's tail between it's legs. Like a female dog.

Here's the hit that did it. Doesn't seem that bad to me :ROFLMAO: 2 foot jump! Warranty!

Pretty cool shot too because when I pause the video and slowly move through it, I can almost see the break happen in real time.
edit: I can definitely see the break!

Pretty cool shot too because when I pause the video and slowly move through it, I can almost see the break happen in real time.
edit: I can definitely see the break!
Yeah, it was right in front of me so I got some good video!

I could never buy the xmaxx or erevo. Seen the revo break stuff on 3-4 ft. jumps and brand new xmaxx rip bodies off on same low jumps.

Traxxas needs to up their game because Arrma is schooling them right now.
After having nitro revos, I was surprised how well the chassis of the erevo held up. Have had mine for over 2 years. Original diffs, never had the trans apart, center axles original, chassis original... did break a front bulk when I hit a tree in flight at WOT, arms and axle carriers of course are RPM.

Helps that I run 4S.

Suspension on the other hand... keeping that together seems worse than my nitro revos. lol!

It would be hard for me to pass up a $600 used XMaxx if I ever came across one locally that I could test.

I could never buy the xmaxx or erevo. Seen the revo break stuff on 3-4 ft. jumps and brand new xmaxx rip bodies off on same low jumps.

Traxxas needs to up their game because Arrma is schooling them right now.

Well..... I can tell you the x maxx is a beast. It took a 45-50 mph direct hit into a park bench to finally break an arm. They aren’t like a rustler.

Well..... I can tell you the x maxx is a beast. It took a 45-50 mph direct hit into a park bench to finally break an arm. They aren’t like a rustler.
+1 for Traxxas, but still wouldn't buy one. Lol

Here's the thing. The X Maxx probably is a beast. I can't comment as fact, as I've never seen one run running in person. But $930 US for a truck made out of mostly injected plastic, is where I can't come to grips. It surely isn't indestructible, will likely have drive train issues like any other rc (seen a few "bulletproof" your X Maxx difs videos), and because if it's sheer mass, probably wears down quickly when people operate it the way that Traxxas and YouTube advertise. Survived one hit, doesn't guarantee it will survive them all. I, like many here, have also had some pretty serious crashes. Sometimes I break something small, sometimes more excessive carnage, sometimes none at all. But my costs are fractional in comparison to purchasing, maintaining and repairing the $1000 X Maxx. Give me two 6s Arrmas any day, and you'll get as many, if not more, smiles per dollar spent.
Head to head, it's an E-Revo vs Outcast or Kraton. E-Revo still more expensive out of the box and only 3s. Which one comes out more unscathed in that same collision? Add the $120 M2C or JBRC chassis to the mix, and I think the Arrmas might take an X Maxx out in a good hit too. Still $260 less.
@2015GTRBE, you've been here a while now, and seem fairly intelligent and well spoken, but I can't stop thinking that you have more vested in this industry, than just being a recreational user. Whoever it is you work/worked for, you always come back to comment on or defend Traxxas. Maybe you could just come clean, and let us know what affiliation you have/had in the rc industry, and how recently those affiliations did or didn't terminate.

I'm not here to bash Traxxas, to each their own. Some may know I still have many from my nitro days, even a couple Rustlers. When I got back to RC earlier this year I never knew Arrma existed.

Was watching YouTube vids to see what was out there today. Seen a vid from Outsourced RC, I think, he took a new Emaxx out the box and started jumping it. It wasn't even a few jumps and ripped that beautiful new body off. Pulled all the hold downs through the body. He a TX fanboy and he was pi$$ed. Yeah, there's a easy fix for it with washers, but how can Traxxas let it out the door knowing this when you pay $800. or whatever it costs.

I don't care to own a Emaxx, big models like that do nothing for me. I agree with Noto, for 1k I got OC and Kraton. Would rather have these 2 1/8 scales than the Emaxx for around same price. Like I said to each there own. The Emaxx is not indestructible, seen too many vids to back this up.

Don't hate the Emaxx at all, just not for me!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back