Kraton this is why you don't go to hobby shops..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niz55

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Well after the ups store I headed to my local hobby shop to buy couple of little items and the owner said I just got a new shipment of the 8S 2 hrs ago. I looked at him and smiled and so I pulled the trigger and bought it.

This car is extremely light weight compare to my dbxle 2.0 that I sold. I think I am going to like it alot.

Too bad I just sold my awsome looking Badlands lol.

IMG_20200225_194806129.jpg

Losi that i just sold. Kind of miss it. Car looked great.
IMG_20200202_131131738_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if this is new but my car came with Dx3 transmitter. Haven't check the receiver yet. Can't find any info about it View attachment 67117View attachment 67118
Yea looks like they changed them?!
That’s not the one I got with mine... ?
Curious to see which receiver is in there when you open it up??
They definitely switched, mine came with a dx2e as probably all of the "first" shipment wave did.

Nevertheless, congrats on the purchase, you'll very much like this rig :D

No LHS here so keeps me out of trouble a bit. Like that Losi a lot. That Spektrum still looks cheap and plasticky, wonder if it works.

No LHS here so keeps me out of trouble a bit. Like that Losi a lot. That Spektrum still looks cheap and plasticky, wonder if it works.
Can't really be worse than the stx2, can it? :p Assuming all the 6s rigs will come with this too from now on...
I think the dx2e is alright for what it is, at least it was miles ahead of the stx2.

Kind of odd that it's called "DX3" as that name was used once already:
http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/DX3Manual_lo-res.pdf

I had that radio I think. They also had a DX3.0 I believe which was different and had mechanical buttons vs the button pad type.
I have an original DX3. Love that radio but you can't get receivers for them anymore, at least not from Spektrum. It feels so good in your hand. I really miss it.

I am really curious about the radio he got. The official website still lists the DX2e active as the included radio.

awesome brother! This is Darius I bought the Typhon from you a couple weeks ago! I'll def. be watching your adventures with the 8S Kraton!

if anyone is interested in the radio and receiver let me know. I am going to sell it.

Comes with same Awsome receiver. I spoke to horrizon about the transmitter and they will have it on sale shortly on the website for $69. They said it replaces the dx2e because they were having some issues with the transmitter and esc being glitchy with the brake/reverse.
IMG_20200226_155954969.jpg
IMG_20200226_160403281.jpg

I believe this is also new. The rear brace. I googled pictures of the v1 version and didn't see any brace on them. So good job arrma for listening.
IMG_20200226_160127766.jpg
IMG_20200226_160122202.jpg
IMG_20200226_160307406.jpg
IMG_20200226_160148841.jpg

Comes with same Awsome receiver. I spoke to horrizon about the transmitter and they will have it on sale shortly on the website for $69. They said it replaces the dx2e because they were having some issues with the transmitter and esc being glitchy with the brake/reverse.View attachment 67222View attachment 67223

I believe this is also new. The rear brace. I googled pictures of the v1 version and didn't see any brace on them. So good job arrma for listening.View attachment 67224View attachment 67225View attachment 67226View attachment 67227
How much did they raise the price ??‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back