Kraton this is why you don't go to hobby shops..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well , I like supporting my 2 hobby shops here in Spokane , so they are always there , but I'm cought between ordering on line cuz it's listed back ordered , but if you go to horizon they have them , but wouldn't those be the ones with the glitchy radios ? And like I stated before , there adding a chassis support , so I'm gunna order on line where it's listed as back ordered , to insure I get the new additions , rrrrraattssss !!!!!
I just gotta say ,, ARRMA is unbelievable , they step in and do this with out going through a new version , new box , new price , they just fix it and say here you go ! I had tons of issues with tons of locktight on my 6s , they sent me a new part for anything that was metal to metal contacts , like 20 parts for free !! Now they listen to us , make the fixes instantly , great stuff , I'm so glad I listen to this forum , before I made my purchase , I'm purchasing today ARRMA FOR THE WIN !!! ARRMA ,,, just take my money ,I'm already happy and it's not even here yet ????

Last edited:
I think in a perfect world the following should happen:

If you have a defective DX2e you should be able to get a new DX3 as a replacement. The old transmitter must be returned.

Anyone who bought the first run K8S should be able to contact Horizon, provide proof of purchase, and receive all the parts necessary to upgrade to the new bracing.

Just go to your hobby shop and look at box. If it has the picture of the new radio than it is the updated version like mine.

And the center tower and the braces are on back order until 6 week.

I bought the older version and called horizon and they are sending me a new one as soon as is available.

I just ordered this and will be using it from now on. Hold like red but comes off like blue.
Screenshot_20200227-082947.png

But you should always heat up the screws that you are trying to take out. I use my torch for under the chassi and my soldering iron too for the others inside.

Last edited:
That’s gotta be the quickest retrofit of a RC model in history. The rear brace looks solid as does the radio change. I’m shocked they stepped in so quickly, but that’s a great thing.

I’m wondering if changes were made to the chassis stamping method or material. To soon to call it a V2, so maybe a V1a :)
Also, no changes to the Website/K8S Gigasite/exploded view/option parts about the rear brace change or radio change.

Obviously, this is a “running” change but it’s good news for buyers getting the rig for the first time. I feel like there are probably more changes that we haven’t discovered yet.

I have an M2C chassis but I would love to have the part # of that rear brace...
They knew about the issues before the release. People who spoke up were flamed.

They knew about the issues before the release. People who spoke up were flamed.
Well I guess Deardon is a lair. I actually correspond with him regularly and he's always been forthcoming with me, good and bad.

Well I guess Deardon is a lair. I actually correspond with him regularly and he's always been forthcoming with me, good and bad.
Pretty sure even aussie let them know. He just didnt let us know until after release so that he didn't pi$$ off arrma.

Pretty sure even aussie let them know. He just didnt let us know until after release so that he didn't pi$$ off arrma.
I don't want to rehash this but that is not the case.

I don't want to rehash this but that is not the case.
I don't know him personally but I want to say that's what he said in his video. said that arrma even reviewed the video of him running it and whatnot.

No big deal. I'll just shell out another $100 for these new parts. Otherwise I'll have one of the "early release cars" with crap resale value. Not my first rodeo.

Just got back from hobby shop , course they didn't no anything about upgrades , I also talked to horizon today , they didn't no about it either , I'm ordering through my hobby town store , it's tottaly on back order so pretty sure I'll get the newer version , so glad I waited a couple months , and it's because im in this forum , that's keeps me up to date on this stuff , evidently , Arrma too !!!

Yea looks like they changed them?!
That’s not the one I got with mine... ?
Curious to see which receiver is in there when you open it up??
HH stepped it up. (y)

As the previous bracing (and radio) passed Arrma's rigorous testing, I wouldn't spend a red dime till, it becomes much much clearer that these new features actually work.

I don't know him personally but I want to say that's what he said in his video. said that arrma even reviewed the video of him running it and whatnot.

No big deal. I'll just shell out another $100 for these new parts. Otherwise I'll have one of the "early release cars" with crap resale value. Not my first rodeo.
You don't have an M2C chassis? If not why not shell out $30 for carbon fiber tubing? Do you not read the posts on this truck? The CF tubing will accomplish the same thing.

You don't have an M2C chassis? If not why not shell out $30 for carbon fiber tubing? Do you not read the posts on this truck? The CF tubing will accomplish the same thing.
"Otherwise I'll have one of the "early release cars" with crap resale value. Not my first rodeo."...ever try and sell a 6s x-maxx? Without these new upgrades I pretty much have a v1 now. I'm just stating the obvious.

Only way to get your moneys worth is to drive the thing. Arrma gets toasted on here when they don't up grade something and toasted when the do. So far as having a v1...go look what the v1 talion goes for on ebay. You can buy a new for its price and it was just a skinny kraton.

The parts to upgrade it to the current model is dirt cheap. Shouldn't be more than $50. We spent tons more on these car so I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Btw, I will trade my chassi , braces for a m2c chassi if that helps anyone. Lol

The parts to upgrade it to the current model is dirt cheap. Shouldn't be more than $50. We spent tons more on these car so I wouldn't worry about it at all.

Btw, I will trade my chassi , braces for a m2c chassi if that helps anyone. Lol
It's a new center tower, rear bracing, radio.....anything else? I think just the radio is nearly $50. I bet $100 for a complete conversion.

based only on the visible changes that we can see in the picture so far.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back