Mojave This thing is a monster.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

Super-Secret Yarmaluthe
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Notorious
Got my Mojave EXB in yesterday, installed the electronics from my Kraton, (yes, I’m impatient lol) and wow. What a beast. This is my new favorite rig. Don’t get me wrong, the Kraton is a close second, but the realistic handling, the way it squats when it goes by at 50+mph, and it jumps so smooth. Arrma did this one right. Now I have to get a new esc and motor for the Kraton… hmmmm….

1DE8DF63-B155-4E83-BE61-86A822875EB6.jpeg

What ESC you got in there? Firma 150a?
Yep, the stock setup from the Kraton 6s.
And some users (including me) had a wheel fly off due to a rounded wheel hex; after M2C +2mm wheel hexes that issue is resolved👍.
Thanks for the tip. I’ll look into those as well.

And some users (including me) had a wheel fly off due to a rounded wheel hex; after M2C +2mm wheel hexes that issue is resolved👍.
I have not experienced the stripped hex or runaway wheels yet,but do have issues with debris getting trapped between the wheels and hubs. I suspect it won't be long before the wheels start splitting apart due to this..shame cuz the tires are holding up great,but the wheels,not so much. They're is too little clearance between the wheels and hubs on the mojave, besides that,the mojave is my favorite Arrma for sure.

I got my Mojave EXB second hand with the intention to use it for a build. The previous owner set it up to run on his backyard track and I was able to take it for a spin before purchasing. Instant love for this rig! I am not able to run in my normal area parks like I can with my Big Rock, but have found some dirt to play in and even on road this thing rips. I wish I had the original wheels/tires, but it came with belted 2.8 Trenchers as well as 3.8 Badlands (broke a hub on the badlands due to my own noob mistake, don't overtighten LOL). It also has the inner fenders from Scorched which will save you a ton of clean up after your runs. I ran it a couple of times without and they make a difference. Also has the M2C wheel hexes with the double nut, these help as well. I tried to run with just one nut and it didn't work out so well.

I love this rig and am kind of glad my future plans for it have been put on hold (2 college kids having to take summer classes = no hobby budget).

Happy Bashing!

I got my Mojave EXB second hand with the intention to use it for a build. The previous owner set it up to run on his backyard track and I was able to take it for a spin before purchasing. Instant love for this rig! I am not able to run in my normal area parks like I can with my Big Rock, but have found some dirt to play in and even on road this thing rips. I wish I had the original wheels/tires, but it came with belted 2.8 Trenchers as well as 3.8 Badlands (broke a hub on the badlands due to my own noob mistake, don't overtighten LOL). It also has the inner fenders from Scorched which will save you a ton of clean up after your runs. I ran it a couple of times without and they make a difference. Also has the M2C wheel hexes with the double nut, these help as well. I tried to run with just one nut and it didn't work out so well.

I love this rig and am kind of glad my future plans for it have been put on hold (2 college kids having to take summer classes = no hobby budget).

Happy Bashing!
+1 for the mojave being a vacuum cleaner!!🤣 It seems to literally pick up every and any bit of debris it runs over! I have made my own deflectors from miscellaneous debris that I had laying around. Pretty trashy looking TBH, but invisible with the body on.
But yeah, it's a beast! Soo much fun to drive🤘

My V2 rtr is still my favorite.....even though the K8 EXB is a very close 2nd.....

I had the problem with the rear wheel coming.off and accumulation of debris.....both problems solved by the above suggestions.....

It is a blast!!

Got my Mojave EXB in yesterday, installed the electronics from my Kraton, (yes, I’m impatient lol) and wow. What a beast. This is my new favorite rig. Don’t get me wrong, the Kraton is a close second, but the realistic handling, the way it squats when it goes by at 50+mph, and it jumps so smooth. Arrma did this one right. Now I have to get a new esc and motor for the Kraton… hmmmm….

View attachment 215292
Mine runs the Max 6 and 1650KV motor 23T pinion. It's an absolute tank and super fun. Even without huge jumps, which I try to avoid.

My V2 rtr is still my favorite.....even though the K8 EXB is a very close 2nd.....

I had the problem with the rear wheel coming.off and accumulation of debris.....both problems solved by the above suggestions.....

It is a blast!!
Are the M2C hubs extended? I wasn't sure if they are actually extended or just the threads? I've yet to buy any M2C bits due to being so pricey but I can't stand the idea of wasting perfectly good wheels and tires either.

Are the M2C hubs extended? I wasn't sure if they are actually extended or just the threads? I've yet to buy any M2C bits due to being so pricey but I can't stand the idea of wasting perfectly good wheels and tires either.
Actually, this is what I bought and it solved the problem

16515941933491315058627098874968.jpg

You get 4 nuts for $15.

Or you can get the extenders for12.50 each, $50 for 4......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220503-155122_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220503-155122_Samsung Internet.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 53
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back