Mojave This thing is a monster.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, this is what I bought and it solved the problem

View attachment 215311

You get 4 nuts for $15.

Or you can get the extenders for12.50 each, $50 for 4......
I use my Makita XDT15R1B brushless impact wrench. I've never lost a nut since on any of my RC vehicles, including the Mojave EXB 😁

Oh, and the official trailer trash skid plates!!😎

20220507_101949.jpg

20220507_101835.jpg

20220507_101824.jpg

Love my mojave. Got the exb approx a month ago. Takes such a beating. Handles the big block motors perfectly. Scorched fenders, the m2c double locking nuts & Rear open diff are all that's needed imo. Love the way it squats the rear end and hurtles forward when you mash the throttle. Drifts for days easily. True drivers rig. 😍

Love my mojave. Got the exb approx a month ago. Takes such a beating. Handles the big block motors perfectly. Scorched fenders, the m2c double locking nuts & Rear open diff are all that's needed imo. Love the way it squats the rear end and hurtles forward when you mash the throttle. Drifts for days easily. True drivers rig. 😍
Sweet!! I gotta perform the lsd delete I'm thinking. It's tough to keep the rear end from washing out in the corners.
Actually, I run my rigs around a track at home more than anything else and as such, not really digging the lsd diffs as I don't feel they are helpful for track use. I like the extra toghness of the exb models and ability to source my own electrics and not be trapped into the Spektrumverse..
Sweet rig,bet it rips on a track😎

Last edited:
Just installed the DS635BLHV, made a huge difference even though the DS305CLHV was competent already.
External BEC or ESC BEC ?
I'm thinking about replacing my Talion EXB XL servo with a Promodeler DS630BLHV, but they encourage an external BEC.

I'm thinking about replacing my Talion EXB XL servo with a Promodeler DS630BLHV, but they encourage an external BEC.
Yeah I did think about it, believe me. But non of the racers are using external bec and have even bigger/faster servos

I'm drawing 5.2 amps and both my MMX8S and Tekin Rx8 gen3 both output 8 amps. So these aren't "cheap import ESCs"

Seems okay lol

I'll let you know if I blow anything up...

Just for the record I do have and run an external bec but have removed it since it didn't feel necessary. Also tried external 2s battery pack.

So it's not like I'm too cheap to try these things, but I'm extremely performance oriented and if it's not really helpful it's getting the axe lol

Cheers

Last edited:
I put the Promodeler DS505BLHV in my Talion EXB and run it on the stock electronics and it works fine. I did have to make sure my end points were set up just right.

Okay, cool.

Stock tires ?

I'm going to be using Duratrax Blinders on my XL.
I have a set each of the Duratrax blinders and badgers. They're good tires but I had problems with them tearing off the bead as well as the edges of the wheels getting gouged running them on my Mojave. Blinders are on my Thunder Tiger St4 and badgers ended up on my MT410. Both of which I run on 4s, holding up much better to 4s. Just my experience, maybe you'll have better luck with them.

I have a set each of the Duratrax blinders and badgers. They're good tires but I had problems with them tearing off the bead as well as the edges of the wheels getting gouged running them on my Mojave. Blinders are on my Thunder Tiger St4 and badgers ended up on my MT410. Both of which I run on 4s, holding up much better to 4s. Just my experience, maybe you'll have better luck with them.
Yeah, was hoping to get Backflip LP's but the HS only option was the blinder in the right size, So I decided to give em' a shot.

That is waaaay overkill. I tried one and it’s just too freaking fast, I think my expo is down to like 15% or something. Not that it isn’t probably one of the best (or maybe the best) standard size servo. A small flat pack LiPo fits easily in the Mojave chassis and it’s a plug and play if you get John’s harness. The 630 will absolutely glitch your ESC if you run it off your receiver.
I put the Promodeler DS505BLHV in my Talion EXB and run it on the stock electronics and it works fine. I did have to make sure my end points were set up just right.
If you go for a good brushless servo the 505 is my go to. It’s fantastic, and just about perfect in power and speed. Interestingly, it will glitch the Spektrum ESC, but not my HobbyWing Max 6. When it’s all set up running on your receiver perform this test: with fully charged packs fire up everything up. Put the truck down on the ground and (with your endpoints already set, of course) turn the wheel left and right as fast as you can back and forth. If you do this with the Spektrum ESC’s it will glitch, beep, and the ESC will go through the startup segment again and reset itself. If you do that on a Max6 it’s fine and has never glitched anything.

That is waaaay overkill. I tried one and it’s just too freaking fast, I think my expo is down to like 15% or something. Not that it isn’t probably one of the best (or maybe the best) standard size servo. A small flat pack LiPo fits easily in the Mojave chassis and it’s a plug and play if you get John’s harness. The 630 will absolutely glitch your ESC if you run it off your receiver.

If you go for a good brushless servo the 505 is my go to. It’s fantastic, and just about perfect in power and speed. Interestingly, it will glitch the Spektrum ESC, but not my HobbyWing Max 6. When it’s all set up running on your receiver perform this test: with fully charged packs fire up everything up. Put the truck down on the ground and (with your endpoints already set, of course) turn the wheel left and right as fast as you can back and forth. If you do this with the Spektrum ESC’s it will glitch, beep, and the ESC will go through the startup segment again and reset itself. If you do that on a Max6 it’s fine and has never glitched anything.
That's exactly what was happening to me with the Spektrum until I fine tuned my end points on my DX5C. Since then I have been through 4 packs without a problem. Not saying that it won't happen again. The Max6 would definitely be the better choice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back