Kraton this weekend!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony86

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
hopefully by this weekend I will receive in the mail my charger, PS and 6s battery..

this will be my first time ever playing with an rc car, cant wait... thank you to all the people who has helped me.

Let me offer a tiny suggestion. Go to a large open area. It's really easy to underestimate the distance it takes to stop. Lots of Kratons, and other models have had early breakages due to driver's not expecting what these cars can do. They are fast and they get up to top speed very quickly. Imagine a Lambo, that'll do 0-60 in 3 seconds but still takes 20 seconds to hit the top end of 200. In a Scale comparison, the kraton goes 0-60 in 1 second and top speed in 4 or 5. then you gotta stop it or turn it or both. a foot ball field will help you get used to the car.

Let me offer a tiny suggestion. Go to a large open area. It's really easy to underestimate the distance it takes to stop. Lots of Kratons, and other models have had early breakages due to driver's not expecting what these cars can do. They are fast and they get up to top speed very quickly. Imagine a Lambo, that'll do 0-60 in 3 seconds but still takes 20 seconds to hit the top end of 200. In a Scale comparison, the kraton goes 0-60 in 1 second and top speed in 4 or 5. then you gotta stop it or turn it or both. a foot ball field will help you get used to the car.

yeah, I plan to go to an open park lol... I honestly have no clue what im getting myself into lol

Look out, first time with an RC and your going 6s on a Kraton? Throttle control, it' tougher than you think, this car is crazy fast and remember it's 10lbs running 60 mph so if it hits something, including you, it's going to do some damage.

That being said its a blast, 100% agree with dpricenator, find some space to let it run.

Congratulations! I'm new too and got mine a few weeks ago and never owned a RC like the Kraton and like the others said it gets up to speed fast and it's awesome!

Best tip I can give and they are limited at this point is always know what is behind you.....like in a parking lot. This thing gets faster the closer it gets to you and it will pass you in the blink of an eye so you need to know what is behind you as you are facing it because once it passes you it leaves you as fast as it came and if your angle was off it will be hard to adjust it and miss a car or stop before hitting it.

hopefully by this weekend I will receive in the mail my charger, PS and 6s battery..

this will be my first time ever playing with an rc car, cant wait... thank you to all the people who has helped me.
Congrats on the kraton! Like the others have said please be careful. The kraton is like a trigger controlled speeding bullet that gets places very quick. I have discovered that the kraton at top speed requires a good distance to stop. On 4s it's a blast but on 6s it can be dangerous, no lie or BS. Take your time and get use to it, go easy on the throttle till you get the hang of just how dang quick this beast is. Good luck!

Got my Kraton a couple weeks ago. Its insane. Also today i replaced the stock sevo with a savox and it makes a MASSIVE difference. First upgrade i would highly recommend. I know you will have a blast with this car like i have on 6s

Only bummer with starting with the Kraton is that you will have a hard time appreciating the smaller scale RC's, that most of us started with. But why drive a Honda if you can drive a Ferrari?

Even starting with smaller RCs can't help dealing with the Kraton. I've been in the hobby for nearly 20 years & I had 2 Kratons b4 I even thought about touching Arrma's other offerings.

A 1/10 monster truck (or even a Typhon) would be a solid ally to the Kraton when you don't feel like lugging it off to a park. Luckily I have 3 large open lots around me so my fleet gets plenty of exercise.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back