Kraton Thought my front diff was broke,but its the gear the big spur gear connects to. Need Help !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vellfrmla

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Just put in a 6s battery . Braking started taking longer to stop, then bam i couldn't stop or go. I took off the front diff,thinking that was the problem. No its the gear the big spur gear on the diff engages. I used to build rc10t and ls with my dad many moons ago. I need some help on this one. Just got back into rc. Thanks a trillion. Noob question i know.

Attachments

• 20160128_215639.jpg
    20160128_215639.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 106
Are you asking how to remove it? If so, there is a grub screw on the diff cup on the other side of the diff case that you loosen. That diff cup is on the shaft of that gear, after loosening the grub screw it should slide right out.

You have pix of the diff. The small gear looks fine
Its whatever that small gear connects to thats broke. I don't know the name of it. First 4wd truck. Thx

Are you asking how to remove it? If so, there is a grub screw on the diff cup on the other side of the diff case that you loosen. That diff cup is on the shaft of that gear, after loosening the grub screw it should slide right out.
Im asking the name of the part i need to replace. Its whatever that Lil gear connects to thats stripped i guess. The front diff is fine and the center diff. First 4wd. Thanks

Attachments

• 20160128_215548.jpg
    20160128_215548.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 72
Hi, I have had my Arrma Kraton for 1 week now and have driven it 3 times. The 2nd and today (3rd) this front diff joining cup (as this current thread describes) has come off again after re-assembling it last night. Not very impressed! Is there an upgrade or something I need to do to make sure this cup doesn't come off? I noticed that I had to line up the flat part of the diff gear (ar310498) that sticks through the housing/bearing with the grub screw tightening. If this is a weakness on this truggy and there is no fix I will have to send it back. Expected more for something that cost what it did. Any pointers will be appreciated! :)

I also noticed that the mount that holds down the top of the engine had a missing screw and on further inspection found the hole hadn't even been correctly been drilled! (top right screw location in pic)

View attachment 984

Last edited:
Hi, I have had my Arrma Kraton for 1 week now and have driven it 3 times. The 2nd and today (3rd) this front diff joining cup (as this current thread describes) has come off again after re-assembling it last night. Not very impressed! Is there an upgrade or something I need to do to make sure this cup doesn't come off? I noticed that I had to line up the flat part of the diff gear (ar310498) that sticks through the housing/bearing with the grub screw tightening. If this is a weakness on this truggy and there is no fix I will have to send it back. Expected more for something that cost what it did. Any pointers will be appreciated! :)

I also noticed that the mount that holds down the top of the engine had a missing screw and on further inspection found the hole hadn't even been correctly been drilled! (top right screw location in pic)

View attachment 984

Send it back????

Use blue locktite...problem solved.

Mine has come off once a month ago and never again since i used blue loctite.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back