Talion Thoughts and Questions on a Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just a Basher

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
So I am still tossing around the idea of buying/building a Talion to add to my basher fleet.

I'm now having a hard time justifying one since I've already got 2 Kratons.

The main thing I see is wheelbases are almost identical. Overall length goes to the Kraton, but its got larger tires and I think the wing also adds to that overall length. They both use the same suspension arms, different hubs, and different tires.

Looking at part numbers, they both use the same center driveshafts (positions are flipped, so CG will be different).
Should I even bother buying or building a Talion when I can just toss a Talion body and tires on one of my Kratons and I will almost have the same thing?

The towers, shocks and lower center of gravity make the biggest difference when comparing it to the Kraton. Add in the sorter hubs and lighter wheel/tire setup, along with a center layout that is better balanced and you end up with a lower, sleeker and "handles like it's on rails" version of a Kraton that sets the two apart. I still think the Talion glides through the air like no other Arrma out there, but the Kraton still gets the nod on rough terrain where the Talion is better suited on smoother ground and all out speed.

Ride height often comes up too but the reason the Talion performs so well isn't because it's "lower." As mentioned directly above, +it's because it's a newer design than the Kraton and the extra attention from engineering really shows through. Several smaller yet impactive factory tweaks (besides the body) and the Talion in a brand new animal. This is my opinion as a learner and still new at RC compared to many here..
Sexy is what I call the Talion.

Some people own both and some that have the Kraton like myself don't own the Talion because they are so similar.

I like the Talions sleek body and it's jumping prowess, flies like no other 6s. If Amain dicounts the V3 like they did the V2 Outcast, then I'm in.

I have both the V4 kraton and the v3 talion. I’ve just sold the kraton in favour of the talion. Find it bashes just as well as the kraton but is awesome at high speed stuff. Best of both worlds

Thanks everyone for the input.

If Amain dicounts the V3 like they did the V2 Outcast, then I'm in.

I'm still watching that. Over the weekend I went through my box of Kraton spare parts, and I think I have enough to build one.
So I may just order the parts unique to a Talion and build one from my box of spares.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back