Kraton Thoughts on 50T Spur longevity?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirkinsb

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I run 6s on my Kraton and Outcast. And run them hard bashing and on pavement where I am hard on the throttle for long periods of time. My question is, do the spur gears wear out? Thinking about buying a new one just to compare. I will put my digital calipers to it to compare old vs new.

What got me thinking this is my Outcast is much louder no matter how much I play with the gear mesh. I bought it used so don't know the history. The spur may be worn???? Anyone have any experience with this? Maybe spurs when you run hard are somewhat of a disposable item after a year or so. I am cool with that if so. Just seeing what others think. Thanks.

I've had 3 of the 1/8 arrma (still have two) my oldest is my Kraton, about 2.5 years old now. Spur still looked good, last time I paid attention to it.

If the gear is wearing, you can generally see it - the teeth will look lopsided, or shark-toothed. If they look symmetrical, then they are still good.

I put a new pinion gear in my Kraton the other day after my upgraded one threw a tooth and it's much louder now? The mesh seems spot on, but maybe different materials in the gears sound different when they meet?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back