Thoughts on best snow tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheapo DIY option. Certainly won't work as good as paddles but does help considerably in the snow. Pretty much zero traction on hard surfaces including pavement and ice.

IMG_20150205_234126_028.jpg

IMG_20150206_104426_301-1.jpg

Those look decent at least. Are they really $12 a set? Could you post a link, I could not turn them up with a search.

Well, a quick hunt on YouTube didn't show any Arrma Granites with snow skis.

@Walter, want to be the one to try them out?

I had pretty good success with Proline slingshot tires on my Talion until my ESC gave out (unrelated I think - warrantied)

Great idea! Check's in the mail... It might take a while, because I sent it via the tortoise...

This is what ive came up with that you can put on take off, add to and remove from easily. Chains like these work well on petrol and nitro vehicles due to the weight they add but not sure how they would play out on electric yet if they would make a difference at all. not grip they work excellent for grip but gearing, motor turns and kvs which i just have basic understanding of. Used this kind of set up everytime it snow on my monster trucks and they will go anywhere.
Do you think i could use these straight on my raider blx with either stock motor and skyrc leopard v2 esc or that esc and the matching motor for the skyrc esc which is 3000kv 13T with out changing the gearing or anything?

Gracias muchos lol

WIN_20160112_21_53_54_Pro.jpg
WIN_20160112_21_54_14_Pro.jpg

I just wrapped the wheels in chain. Just make sure there is clearance for them to spin;)

Attachments

• IMG_20160112_112457174.jpg
    IMG_20160112_112457174.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 96
good choice of chain very strong i used them on my mta4 s28 and they never broke and got amazing grip in the deepest of snow. that way usually only works on monster trucks due to the problem you mention but apparently snow chains are supposed to wrap the tire loosely and when removed are basically a metal ladder. excellent work pal :)

Send me $32.95?
I'm still incredible curious to see how those skis do in the snow and the tortoise probably died from the hard weather here in MN last week. PM me with your Paypal email and I'll send $20 towards the ski fund if you promise to post a video of how it works out. Eh?

I'm still incredible curious to see how those skis do in the snow and the tortoise probably died from the hard weather here in MN last week. PM me with your Paypal email and I'll send $20 towards the ski fund if you promise to post a video of how it works out. Eh?
Maybe he went to seek the tortoise??? lol
Have the urge to purchase them yet?

I'm afraid I don't have any snow and I don't know that I will get anymore this season. I vaguely remember seeing this message but was probably too busy to respond at the time and then with no further updates to the thread I just didn't come back to it. Sorry, I didn't mean to ignore you or diminish your generous offer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back