Thoughts on Flysky FS-GT3B radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are your guys’s Experiences with flysky? Is a Fs-gt3b a good idea to purchase? It would be my first non RTR radio btw
I have it and absolutely love it... the receivers are $5 a peice and you can put up to 10 binded to 1 remote and it’s extremely easy to bind them. There is a “waterproof receiver” you can get for it but I haven’t tried it yet. But it’s easy to change your trims and dual rates and everything like that

I have it and absolutely love it... the receivers are $5 a peice and you can put up to 10 binded to 1 remote and it’s extremely easy to bind them. There is a “waterproof receiver” you can get for it but I haven’t tried it yet. But it’s easy to change your trims and dual rates and everything like that
And if I get more than 10 rc vehicle (which I hope I will) the tx is only $50 or less!

I ask you to re-consider :)

While the GT5 costs 60-70$, and the receivers are 8$ a piece, it supports 20 vehicles, and the receiver that comes with it has gyro, which is nice.

The GT3 is old, i don't know for how long you'll be able to get receivers for it, it uses flysky's old protocol (AFHDS), and all the new stuff from them are the next version (AFHDS 2A)

Where are you finding $8 receivers on amazon it’s $20, if I know where to get cheaper receivers I’ll definitely reconsider

What are your guys’s Experiences with flysky? Is a Fs-gt3b a good idea to purchase? It would be my first non RTR radio btw
I use this exact system for multiple vehicles (Arrma Fury, Arrma Granite, Redcat Blackout, DHK Hunter, DHK Wolf 2), and, the only issue i have with it is that, for my Fury, a built in gyro would be nice, but, none of the compatible receivers have that capability. As for the waterproof receiver's, all of my vehicles have them, and i get them, although they come from china, so a couple took forever to receive, but, i paid, IIRC, about $11 each shipped from Ebay. A lot of the newer FS stuff is 4 or 6 channel, and, unless you are using it for planes, the three channel is good enough.

It's an old radio, it was replaced by the GT5, which i would recommend tens times over.

Agreed times ten. So x100? :)

The GT5 is 100% the one to go for.

Developed in conjunction with Hobbywing iirc?. Better UI, lower latency and to top it off... a really good gyro with tx adjustable gyro steering/throttle priority adjustability just like the Traxas TSM and Spektrum AVC systems that you'd pay big bucks for with these brands.

I agree with Yonic and Razor, even if you don't use the gyro it still really is a no brainer. Check it out for sure. Mine is in the post. :)

One thing you didn't mention is, are you racing, or just bashing? For racing, the GT5 is probably the better way to go, but, for bashing, unless you get a lemon, the GT3B is good enough. I don't race my vehicles, and the GT3B works fine for me, so i personally would rather save the money it would cost me to switch all my cars onto the GT5 (roughly $150), and use that money for parts and upgrades.

One thing you didn't mention is, are you racing, or just bashing? For racing, the GT5 is probably the better way to go, but, for bashing, unless you get a lemon, the GT3B is good enough. I don't race my vehicles, and the GT3B works fine for me, so i personally would rather save the money it would cost me to switch all my cars onto the GT5 (roughly $150), and use that money for parts and upgrades.

You must have loads of cars.. I just paid £49 for a GT5 inc a gyro receiver.

You must have loads of cars.. I just paid £49 for a GT5 inc a gyro receiver.
I have 8, and, the cheapest i have seen the Transmitter with one receiver is $70, and the extra receivers are anywhere from $18 to $35 each. For comparison, waterproof receivers for the GT3B i can get for around $12 shipped.

The difference in quality between the FS-GT5 and the FS-GT3B is like the difference between the DX5C and the STX2. *shots fired* :ROFLMAO:

The difference in quality between the FS-GT5 and the FS-GT3B is like the difference between the DX5C and the STX2. *shots fired* :ROFLMAO:
Except that, until i bought my GT3B, every radio i ever used was the one that came with the vehicle. I have never owned any other brand of the 2.4GHZ radios, except for the ones that came with cars i bought, most of which, until roughly 3 years ago, when i started buying better vehicles, were mostly Redcat/Exceed stuff (i probably have 2 dozen or more Redcat branded Flysky radios), other than the occasional Tamiya here and there. My Arrma Fury came with an Arrma ATX 300, and my Granite came with the Tactic radio that i used for awhile until i decided to run the Granite off my GT3B, so, in my case, since i have never had a Spektrum or any other brand radio to compare my current one to, except for the Futaba twin stick i used for years for my cars, so i cant really debate any other radio excpt the one i have, which is why i was just giving my opinion on that one from personal use.

Bashing, don’t think I’m gonna get into racing

The link I gave above for the GT5 receivers are less than 8$ a piece.
Those arent waterproof though, and, since i run my cars in rain, mud, snow, an just about every other condition, having everything waterproof is a must. When i looked up waterproof receivers for the GT5, the cheapest i found was $18. On top of that, at $8 each for the cheaper ones, thats still $150 to get the radio and a receiver for each of the cars i have.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back