Thoughts on leopard 58113

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow only 62? I thought it would be higher. I hit 55 in my xmaxx with only a max6 and 840kv 56112 and 20-30 belt drive on 2x4s 20c cheapie batteries
Did the body fly off?

No I hit a mail box post.....

Attachments

• 8DC925A4-A07E-4E36-9E42-A8EA4C86907E.jpeg
    8DC925A4-A07E-4E36-9E42-A8EA4C86907E.jpeg
    324 KB · Views: 54
I’d go higher but the M2C mount limits you to 34T. I think the fastlane mount would allow you to go higher.

I didn’t temp gun it on the last run where I got 62mph, but I can the next time. I could hold my fingers on the can though. I’m trying to settle on tires and was running the MX43’s during the time. They are very heavy so that might have some bearing on the speed/heat levels compared to stock.

I’d go higher but the M2C mount limits you to 34T. I think the fastlane mount would allow you to go higher.

I didn’t temp gun it on the last run where I got 62mph, but I can the next time. I could hold my fingers on the can though. I’m trying to settle on tires and was running the MX43’s during the time. They are very heavy so that might have some bearing on the speed/heat levels compared to stock.

New M2c slider came out last week or week before that will get you a larger pinion now

New M2c slider came out last week or week before that will get you a larger pinion now

Thanks for that, I was unaware. I think 62mph is as fast enough for me at the moment. This weekend I hit a small jump and landed, nose first, into a manhole cover edge:

IMG_1332.jpg

Yikes.

Thanks for that, I was unaware. I think 62mph is as fast enough for me at the moment. This weekend I hit a small jump and landed, nose first, into a manhole cover edge:

View attachment 67906

Yikes.
What temps do you currently have? The K8s plastics become really brittle in the cold. Just this weekend I killed another set of a-arms (upper and lower) as well as a shock cap by driving my 1/8 kraton at really not that much speed into the K8s which was standing still...

In the mid-40's. Something we don't often consider with these rigs is windchill though. I think it's 100% reasonable to expect that kinda damage with what happened. My rig has been tough as nails and this is the first breakage I've had in about 10 bashing sessions. I order the stock bumper this morning (comes with all three) so I'll make due until T-Bone comes up with something.

I've busted 3 front bumpers. I don't even bother fixing them anymore.

I hear that for sure. Hopefully T-Bone comes up with something that is more durable.

It would be nice to have an aluminum suspension mount with blind holes so when you do break the bumper you can still run.

It would be nice to have an aluminum suspension mount with blind holes so when you do break the bumper you can still run.
Mine has never broken to the point where I couldn't still run. ??

I’m running the leopard 58113 with 34T pinion and max 5 esc set to punch 5. Motor is cogging pretty badly. To the point where it’s difficult to wheelie. Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas how to fix it if it even is fixable?

I’m running the leopard 58113 with 34T pinion and max 5 esc set to punch 5. Motor is cogging pretty badly. To the point where it’s difficult to wheelie. Anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas how to fix it if it even is fixable?
What's the Kv and what ESC are you running?

1050kv max 5

I have the leopard 58113 1050kv with the MAX5 with zero cogging issues / 34T pinion. I’m running 100c packs tho. Max punch level.

I’ve had this setup for a month and 10+ runs with no issues with cogging. Check your motor wires and make sure your battery's can sustain the burst current of a 30lbs rig with max punch setting.

I have the leopard 58113 1050kv with the MAX5 with zero cogging issues / 34T pinion. I’m running 100c packs tho. Max punch level.

I’ve had this setup for a month and 10+ runs with no issues with cogging. Check your motor wires and make sure your battery's can sustain the burst current of a 30lbs rig with max punch setting.

Motor cables look great. All in tact.

I’m running 80c batteries. Not enough?
Thats a lot of pinion for a 1050kv motor. Try droping down a few and see if it's better.

others in this thread are running 34t with the same LV with no issues at all

Agreed about others running this setup without issues.

80c is more then enough, I was just making sure you weren’t running 20c, 5 year old hobbyking packs.?

Definitely sure it’s cogging? Nothing slipping in the geartrain? Pinion tight? How old is the motor and ESC? I’ve had two instances of large scale motor cogging and in both cases, I had bad motors. One was my fault...It had been overheated (badly). The second one was just a fluke and replaced under warranty. In both cases it solved motor cogging at slow speeds.

I know you checked, but make sure your bullets are all tight in the ESC. Take the wheels off and put it on a stand. Strap it down if needed. Go 1/4 throttle and move the wiring around to see if that helps with the low speed cogging. And lastly, if you have another set of batteries, try that too.

Agreed about others running this setup without issues.

80c is more then enough, I was just making sure you weren’t running 20c, 5 year old hobbyking packs.?

Definitely sure it’s cogging? Nothing slipping in the geartrain? Pinion tight? How old is the motor and ESC? I’ve had two instances of large scale motor cogging and in both cases, I had bad motors. One was my fault...It had been overheated (badly). The second one was just a fluke and replaced under warranty. In both cases it solved motor cogging at slow speeds.

I know you checked, but make sure your bullets are all tight in the ESC. Take the wheels off and put it on a stand. Strap it down if needed. Go 1/4 throttle and move the wiring around to see if that helps with the low speed cogging. And lastly, if you have another set of batteries, try that too.

thank you for the help. I really appreciate it.

My motor and esc are new. Batteries are new. Pinion is nice and tight. Took all three diffs apart. Put fresh fluid in. Everything in the drivetrain is functioning well as far as I can test and see. Bullet connections are tight. I’ve checked temps after use and always been around 150 or less.

I’ll do what you suggested.

Thanks again

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back