Kraton Thoughts on mgm esc 15s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
So recently I got a ztw and lit it up (killed it). I need to step it up in my kraton, any thoughts on the mgm or any contact for ztw that I can call in the US? I tried emailing them. Also what is the warranty on an mgm?

Here is a link to the mgm I hope to get:
https://www.mgm-controllers.com/tmm-40063-3-for-cars-x2-series-pro

Yeah KT burned up a ZTW in seconds also. Not a good ESC as many reviews stated.
Why 15s?

MGM is cool. I had the 8S 25035 in my Talion. They're a little complicated to program though. Not simple like a Castle or HobbyWing. It actually takes a little effort and lots of tuning to get them to run good. But the power is there for sure. I just couldn't get to it if you know what I mean. They have a myriad of settings and options to play with and can get confusing. The customer service is excellent and they repsond to emails within a day or two when you have questions or issues. After talking to some folks in my area I was told they sort of "specialize" in the larger stuff like 1/5 scale which is probably what your looking for if you already use 12S. I was using my Talion so I was limited by space which is why I went 8S size (which are way smaller than the products their known for which are 12S and up).

I don't know if you've ever seen the larger ESCs in person like the larger 250 (250A minimum) , the 400 (400A) or even the 800 (behemoth!!!) but they're huge. I can send you the manual for X2 series which has the dimensions for the 250 and 400. They're about 100cm square (a Castle XLX2 is around 100 x 63 for comparison) so you're gonna need plenty of room to make them fit. The 800s are even larger!! They pair up better with the Lehner motors too and for those you're gonna want to go with the 6 wire connections.

Here are a few links so you can kinda visualize the size of these things. The videos kinda give an idea but until you see one in person you can't really imagine. They're HUGE!!! Big boy style for sure...probably exactly what you're looking for. A LHS in my area has one in a Rovan roller and another in a H.A.R.M. roller. The cars are massive and dwarf a Kraton 8S. Like I said you gotta see it in person to really get a feel of the size.

As an update I had to send my combo back to them cause it was overheating a bit. Just sent it last week so I'm awaiting the results but I sent my data log to them and they noticed my little 8S ESC was pulling almost 900A at some points!!!! 900!!!. The LHS I spoke of said his ESC have reached over 1200A at points but he has the big boy versions so they handled it pretty easy. He said they took his 5th scale Rovan to 125mph which is no easy task considering the size and weight. To give you idea the steering servo cost $500 and you still need another servo just for the brakes!!!

MGM is cool. I had the 8S 25035 in my Talion. They're a little complicated to program though. Not simple like a Castle or HobbyWing. It actually takes a little effort and lots of tuning to get them to run good. But the power is there for sure. I just couldn't get to it if you know what I mean. They have a myriad of settings and options to play with and can get confusing. The customer service is excellent and they repsond to emails within a day or two when you have questions or issues. After talking to some folks in my area I was told they sort of "specialize" in the larger stuff like 1/5 scale which is probably what your looking for if you already use 12S. I was using my Talion so I was limited by space which is why I went 8S size (which are way smaller than the products their known for which are 12S and up).

I don't know if you've ever seen the larger ESCs in person like the larger 250 (250A minimum) , the 400 (400A) or even the 800 (behemoth!!!) but they're huge. I can send you the manual for X2 series which has the dimensions for the 250 and 400. They're about 100cm square (a Castle XLX2 is around 100 x 63 for comparison) so you're gonna need plenty of room to make them fit. The 800s are even larger!! They pair up better with the Lehner motors too and for those you're gonna want to go with the 6 wire connections.

Here are a few links so you can kinda visualize the size of these things. The videos kinda give an idea but until you see one in person you can't really imagine. They're HUGE!!! Big boy style for sure...probably exactly what you're looking for. A LHS in my area has one in a Rovan roller and another in a H.A.R.M. roller. The cars are massive and dwarf a Kraton 8S. Like I said you gotta see it in person to really get a feel of the size.

As an update I had to send my combo back to them cause it was overheating a bit. Just sent it last week so I'm awaiting the results but I sent my data log to them and they noticed my little 8S ESC was pulling almost 900A at some points!!!! 900!!!. The LHS I spoke of said his ESC have reached over 1200A at points but he has the big boy versions so they handled it pretty easy. He said they took his 5th scale Rovan to 125mph which is no easy task considering the size and weight. To give you idea the steering servo cost $500 and you still need another servo just for the brakes!!!
Thanks, defiantly something to think about. I am looking at the 400a version for my is kraton exb.
Yeah KT burned up a ZTW in seconds also. Not a good ESC as many reviews stated.
Why 15s?
15s is just the way they come, I plan on 12-14

So recently I got a ztw and lit it up (killed it). I need to step it up in my kraton, any thoughts on the mgm or any contact for ztw that I can call in the US? I tried emailing them. Also what is the warranty on an mgm?

Here is a link to the mgm I hope to get:
https://www.mgm-controllers.com/tmm-40063-3-for-cars-x2-series-pro
Lol. Ill let you know how it performs when mine shows up. Ordered one weds or thurs of last week. Going in one of my DBXLS. Running a 2028 800kv is the plan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back