Senton Thoughts on my Senton so far.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Vorteks
I got my Senton last week Tuesday, and i couldnt wait to get it out and run a few packs through it. I have three 4S packs. First thing i wanted to do was check it over and also change the pinions to the 16 tooth. Soon as i tried to loosen the little screw in the pinion.... it stripped! Tried for three hours trying to get the stripped screw out of the pinion. Eventually i just gave up, ordered a new motor mount and dropped in my Mamba Monster esc with 2200kv motor! All i can say is this truck is a beast! Took it out on the beach for its first full run. This truck is amazing!! Also i bought a traxxas ford f150 raptor body for it for bashing sessions. The stock body is just for looking pretty when its on my work bench. Also, i run Duratrax Lock ups on it. Up next.....6s!

Here it is, just a few hours before its beach run yesterday! Had to get a pic before it got dirty.

Attachments

• 20160817_092506.jpg
    20160817_092506.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 62
Here it is, just a few hours before its beach run yesterday! Had to get a pic before it got dirty.
Nice truck man , few things you can try to get that pinion out . Take a dremel and cut a slit in it so you can use a flat head screwdriver. Second is trying to drill through the actual pinion to break the seal. Also they usually put loc-tite on the pinion so using some heat to heat up the pinion and break the loc-tite seal may work. I sometimes use my soldering iron and will hold it on the pinion for a good bit of time. It's a pain when that happens. Best of luck man and enjoy your truck , it looks awesome and you got a even better setup in there now .

@justpassedu Im going to try the dremel trick. Tried drilling it out, but I need to get some new drill bits. @gLippa i used some M3 screws and M3 washers. Ill take pics of them and post them tomorrow. I picked them up at the local hardware store. I did have some laying around, but they were a little too long.

@gLippa this is the M3 screw i was talking about that i use for the Castle 2200kv motor. Also got some M3 washers too

Attachments

• images (5).jpg
    images (5).jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 29
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back