Senton thoughts on radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldguywnewtoy

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
I'm looking at the Futaba 3PV to replace the STX2 P.O.S. that came with my Senton. (acually, P.O.S. should be the model # for the STX2. Seems to describe it better :) I was gonna go with the Tactic 300, but I do plan to start racing at some point, so I'm thinking the 3PV would be a better choice while still staying within my budget. Any thoughts or recommendations? Sure do appreciate all the feedback on here.
Sorry, I just saw many other threads on this. Should of searched first.

Last edited:
3PV is a fine radio. Futaba anything is great.
Cant ever go wrong with Futaba.
But in reality absolutely anything is better than that STX2 pos.:LOL:

I bought the 3PV but would honestly have picked a different, more current model. The menu is very dated and can not be upgraded. I should have bought the Flysky Noble NB4 or a Spectrum 5 series

I bought the 3PV but would honestly have picked a different, more current model. The menu is very dated and can not be upgraded. I should have bought the Flysky Noble NB4 or a Spectrum 5 series
I'm also looking at the Flysky gt5 that some folks are raving about.

I really love my Spektrum DX5C w/ SR215’s.
DX5C Works great for me too. But many people are gun shy about Spektrum because of that pos Spektrum RTR Stx2 Tx. The DX5C has a better GUI than the Flysky and the Spektrum Raceware FW is up to date and supported very well for a low to midrange priced Tx. But Flysky is a fine choice also. And is a bit less $$ when you consider additional Rx's.

1582236742159.gif

I'm using DX5C as well, great radio for the money. I love how it feels in the hand also can't go wrong with either; but the DX5C has move features than the 3PV

For serious racing against serious guys, not once in a while or in open class, or running what you got etc., you would want a high frame rate(5.5ms or faster) radio. And you will pay for that. The feel of 5.5ms and 11ms rates are noticeable in my opinion especially on a closed course, neck to neck with other racers. And using faster rates makes you spoiled when you go back to slower rates. IMO. I feel the difference. For bashing it doesn't really matter. Faster Frame rates make you feel more connected. The rig is more predictable. Which is critical for technical driving in competition. That STX2 feels like it has a Frame rate of 3 full seconds per command.:ROFLMAO:
The Noble is no joke.(y) Not cheap at around $200. give or take. But I was leaning to that one also. Has a nice GUI.

Thanks for all the input. I was trying to stay around around 100 bucks. I'm just getting back into this after many years, so I have to build up my supplies, tools, spare parts, etc. I fully understand the " Buy cheap, Buy twice " rule, but for now I may have to settle for a lesser Tx and upgrade later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back