Limitless Thoughts on razs nitro speedcar????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
Just watched razs vid till the end,where is he going with this??is the 2 speed tranny from t-maxx strong enough for speed??????this could be very interesting build.new-era-gas-powered-speedrunners?????????THOUGHTS???????????
Looks like a swb limitless chassis🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I imagine those motors would be much cheaper than ...ESC+MOTORS +PACKS🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑

Last edited:
Just watched razs vid till the end,where is he going with this??is the 2 speed tranny from t-maxx strong enough for speed??????this could be very interesting build.new-era-gas-powered-speedrunners?????????THOUGHTS???????????
Looks like a swb limitless chassis🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I imagine those motors would be much cheaper than ...ESC+MOTORS +PACKS🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑
I think adapting the two speed trans to a brushless motor would get you much further than the nitro

2-speed nitro speeder !!!!!!

Screenshot_20211207-205210_YouTube.jpg

I curious to know the gearing of this 2 speed gearbox,how raz will have it mounted,plastic traxxas junk gears??can the 2 gears be changed???research time.. @LibertyMKiii would love to here your opinion.....

Nitro/Gas speed runs is "a thing". The issue is that those motors do not produce nearly as much power as big brushless motors.
Also you get about half the RPMs so a 2+ speed trans would be a must.

The Traxxas one does not quite step up the gearing enough between the two gears. It is sort of like having 2nd and 3rd gear on your car, but you really need the 5th gear.

They are plastic:

1638969193978.png

Some Nitro cars had a 3 speed setup. The gears were always in mesh and a clutch system would shift the gears automatically based on the motor RPM. This would be ideal since it has metal gears and you could increase the pinion sizes and just slide the motor further away from the spur gears.

1638969540818.png

Nitro/Gas speed runs is "a thing". The issue is that those motors do not produce nearly as much power as big brushless motors.

The Traxxas one does not quite step up the gearing enough between the two gears. It is sort of like having 2nd and 3rd gear on your car, but you really need the 5th gear.

They are plastic:

View attachment 184851

Some Nitro cars had a 3 speed setup. The gears were always in mesh and a clutch system would shift the gears automatically based on the motor RPM. This would be ideal since it has metal gears and you could increase the pinion sizes and just slide the motor further away from the spur gears.

View attachment 184852
Very cool idea,,imo
He must not be able to get it started....lmfao.
Okay.......who's gonna try it????????????? 3-speed 8s build???????JD????

Last edited:
Very cool idea,,imo
He must not be able to get it started....lmfao.
Okay.......who's gonna try it????????????? 3-speed 8s build???????JD????
I can’t even put down the power I have now, at least on the roads I’m trying to run on. I’m really trying to find a better, wider road that might be more forgiving. My spot is good for lower speeds, but just not wide or flat enough for the future. I have tons of good roads to try out, problem is they are busy roads and finding a good time to run might be tough.

What's the world record for Nitro on road, 7th scale? Probably Raz's first step in that direction.. I remember he ran a electric car with a body like that previously, with the roof section removed. The car had a blowover, and his conclusion was that the roof section of the body was needed to produce enough overall downforce to complete the run, so interesting to see him revisit this concept. I like his spirit of innovation

They are plastic:

View attachment 184851

View attachment 184852
I recall years ago I had a HPI RS4 Super nitro, a big 8th scale nitro car with a two speed transmission, it was fun to hear it shift up under full throttle. Only problem was after a few minutes of running the nitro fumes would get my eyes tearing up

Last edited:
What's the world record for Nitro on road, 7th scale? Probably Raz's first step in that direction.. I remember he ran a electric car with a body like that previously, with the roof section removed. The car had a blowover, and his conclusion was that the roof section of the body was needed to produce enough overall downforce to complete the run, so interesting to see him revisit this concept. I like his spirit of innovation

I recall years ago I had a HPI RS4 Super nitro, a big 8th scale nitro car with a two speed transmission, it was fun to hear it shift up under full throttle. Only problem was after a few minutes of running the nitro fumes would get my eyes tearing up

ROSSA has all the records and their site is down right now. I think the official speed record is only like 85 mph, which is likely why Raz is going for it.

I wouldnt say the roof section is needed, but if you have a drastic negative curve like that it shapes the body like an airplane wing and creates too much lift. This Nitro car likely wont go beyond 120mph so I think he will be fine using that one.

Best RC body designs have a gradual wedge shape like the Ford FC101

^^ I agree.
And I bet Raz will do something like that. Maybe an O.S. Speed perhaps, and tuned by the all time Guru of Nitro engines.....
Just needs a better 3 speed in there. More overdrive/ better ratios.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back