Granite Thoughts on tactic tsx47 for Granite 4x4 bls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTiani84

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
DDCA629D-2ABC-42EB-AA2A-837BD5FFC829.jpeg

This is the first Hobby grade rc I’ve ever owned. After some driving over lose dirt and jumping off of a few smaller jumps I noticed the steering stopped working and thought it would be the servo. Went over to my hobby shop and they confirmed it was the servo and sold me a tactic tsx47 and said that would be stronger than the stock servo. Popped it in and the steering actually does seem to have less play. Anyone else have any thoughts on this servo? I noticed that the drive shaft seems to also be making a kind of grinding noise now when driving slow, any thoughts what that could be? Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 39
Worth a shot for the servo! I'm, not familiar but there are so many servos out there now and even the less expensive ones can be great. As long as you feel you got a good buy on it then worth a try...especially if your shop has nice support.
Not sure about the drive shaft but if you made a quick video and posted the youtube link I'm sure we could get it figured out.
Welcome to the forum ?

Whats the specs? I have the TSX55

I noticed that the drive shaft seems to also be making a kind of grinding noise now when driving slow, any thoughts what that could be? Thank you!

We have two 3s line and one is "grinding". It does not change anything on the track or maintenance... For a test, you can maybe remove the center driveshaft bearing for less annoying sound.
I don't know Tactic servo. We use Power HD 20-25 kg for 20-25$US and that's ok.
Welcome here.

Last edited:
That's a cheap, adequate servo.

The more I read on the Internet, the more I get the impression that the stock ADS-7M servo is a mixed bag. A burning smell started to come out of mine after a mere few weeks of use. The next time I tried to use it, it wouldn't budge.

I replaced it with a 25kg banggood.com servo due to the lack of Arrma support at my LHS, and haven't had problems since.

My experience tells me that if you replaced the stock servo, you'll be much happier for it.

I'm curious to hear the grinding sounds too.

The more I read on the Internet, the more I get the impression that the stock ADS-7M servo is a mixed bag. A burning smell started to come out of mine after a mere few weeks of use. The next time I tried to use it, it wouldn't budge.

I replaced it with a 25kg banggood.com servo due to the lack of Arrma support at my LHS, and haven't had problems since.

My experience tells me that if you replaced the stock servo, you'll be much happier for it.

I'm curious to hear the grinding sounds too.
Ussualy you contact horizonhobby directly by phone for a remplacement part

Surchaufeur, did they send you a replacement servo in Canada? I'm in Canada too, and when I called Horizon, they wanted me to ship the truck to them, which would have cost me much more than it was worth.

Surchaufeur, did they send you a replacement servo in Canada? I'm in Canada too, and when I called Horizon, they wanted me to ship the truck to them, which would have cost me much more than it was worth.
The hell they never asked for my truck for me maybe you got a wrong person. So far they shipped me tires diff esc and motor because crap happened they only asked for my purshase receipt pictures of the damage my adress and name

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back