Thoughts on the AGFRC 55kg servo and Perfect Pass Monster servo the 6s Kraton…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t forget the servo saver mod if you haven’t already done it

Awesome! Please let us know what you think.

If the programmer also allows seeing the current/default settings, I would love to know how it comes programmed from the factory. Like whether the torque & speed are set at 100%, out of the box. Or whether the programmer is required to get the most performance out of it.

Don’t forget the servo saver mod if you haven’t already done it
What do you mean?
Awesome! Please let us know what you think.

If the programmer also allows seeing the current/default settings, I would love to know how it comes programmed from the factory. Like whether the torque & speed are set at 100%, out of the box. Or whether the programmer is required to get the most performance out of it.
You got it man!

You got it man!
Thanks! And I realized it might be interesting to see the speed difference (even a video) from the stock servo to the upgraded one. A static test, just sitting on the ground and steering, is easy to check, but maybe doesn't quite tell the whole story.

The gyroscopic effect will make the wheels harder to steer as it gets up to speed. If you had the truck up on blocks, off the ground, you could even rev it up a bunch, and observe how quickly it steers that way, before/after. When the added torque of the new servo can maybe offer even more benefit.

Apologies, I have not yet watched the RC Review videos.

But someone directed me to the Canyon Crawling channel on YouTube. Sorry if that channel is old news for everyone, but he tested the DS3235 Pro, and found that it actually made more torque then claimed. I thought that was impressive. It drew a lot of amps, though, up to around 8A.

He has several other servo testing videos. One compares 3 AGFRC servos:

So, this servo is a lot taller than stock. I set it up using some aluminum spacers to level it and I’m wondering if it’s a bad idea to mount it like this. Also, I’m wondering if the slight angle of the link matters or should I even it out? What is the proper way to incorporate a taller servo into my Kraton? Serves me right for not thinking to check the size of the servo 😅

73264837-8826-493D-90C7-510F371E3627.jpeg

FDAB4420-B28B-497E-AC9D-7F19FE703ACB.jpeg

So, this servo is a lot taller than stock. I set it up using some aluminum spacers to level it and I’m wondering if it’s a bad idea to mount it like this. Also, I’m wondering if the slight angle of the link matters or should I even it out? What is the proper way to incorporate a taller servo into my Kraton? Serves me right for not thinking to check the size of the servo 😅
I'm sure you are driving some OCD purist nuts but for bashing this is just fine. Doesn't matter at all other than ascetics.

I'd go with the 55kg, allows the use of bigger tires.
I'm using this one:

AGFRC 55KG Digital-Steering-Servo High-Torque Programmable - Full Metal Gear Brushless Servo for 1/8 1/10 RC Models, Control Angle 180° (A86BHM)​

Pardon the newb question as I am new to arrma, and never had to replace a servo on my TRX rigs yet. The Spektrum S652 is 23T and this is 25T, but this will still work fine with the K6 servo linkage?

Pardon the newb question as I am new to arrma, and never had to replace a servo on my TRX rigs yet. The Spektrum S652 is 23T and this is 25T, but this will still work fine with the K6 servo linkage?
You need a servo arm that fits a 25T servo, but the linkage between the arm and the steering bellcranks still works. Hot Racing makes a nice servo linkage system: I have one in my Kraton 6s with a Powerhobby 729MBL servo.

Kraton servo.jpg

Hot Racing makes a nice servo linkage system

Thanks, now I can say I learned something new today. :cool:

I actually already have one of those in my AMZ 'saved for later' under my cart to try out eventually but it sounds like I don't need to do that until I actually upgrade the servo itself.

I'm sure you are driving some OCD purist nuts but for bashing this is just fine. Doesn't matter at all other than ascetics.
Yeah… ocd I am surely not. Thanks man, much appreciated!
I have a hot racing servo horn (linkage) on the new servo, which is 25T. The original spectrum horn, that goes on the s652 that used to be in the car, is 23T. I don’t mind any questions at all so if you’re still a bit confused, ask again and I will clarify.
Thanks, now I can say I learned something new today. :cool:

I actually already have one of those in my AMZ 'saved for later' under my cart to try out eventually but it sounds like I don't need to do that until I actually upgrade the servo itself.
Yep, you don’t need it until you upgrade your servo. Arrma servos are the only one that are 23t. The aftermarket servos are 25t.

Last edited:
Yeah… ocd I am surely not. Thanks man, much appreciated!

I have a hot racing servo horn (linkage) on the new servo, which is 25T. The original spectrum horn, that goes on the s652 that used to be in the car, is 23T. I don’t mind any questions at all so if you’re still a bit confused, ask again and I will clarify.

Yep, you don’t need it until you upgrade your servo. Arrma servos are the only one that are. 23T. The aftermarket servos are 25t.
i think that's wrong. Amazon servos are 25T

Yep, you don’t need it until you upgrade your servo. Arrma servos are the only one that are. 23T. The aftermarket servos are 25t.

i think that's wrong. Amazon servos are 25T
Apologies if I'm mis-interpreting, but I think that's what he's saying? The Arrma ones are 23T, and the aftermarket/Amazon servos are 25T?

Apologies if I'm mis-interpreting, but I think that's what he's saying? The Arrma ones are 23T, and the aftermarket/Amazon servos are 25T?
Yup.

All Spektrum servos are 23T. Yes, Spektrum is on every new Arrma.
Rest of the world is 25T.

Every servo comes with servo horns (typically plastic) but you want a metal one to hold up to the abuse. Majority of RC servos come with a metal version, but check when you order. The HR servo horn will work well if you need one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back