Thoughts on the AGFRC 55kg servo and Perfect Pass Monster servo the 6s Kraton…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the DS3235s are neither as fast nor as strong as they claim to be.... I've had the 3235 and the 3235 pro and got rid of them both.
servo specs aren't inflated as much as battery c rating but it's not far behind. The real reason I don't care for the cheap servos is that they don't center and that's annoying. DS3235 able to pull about [email protected]

and if you think that there's a problem with the methodology the a700 pulled an incredible 70kg on 8.4 volts and 67 kg on 7.4 v (which is what I'm running in my Hobao)

The ds3218pro is another story. The normal 20kg and 25kg are not good imo

well the DS3235s are neither as fast nor as strong as they claim to be.... I've had the 3235 and the 3235 pro and got rid of them both.
servo specs aren't inflated as much as battery c rating but it's not far behind. The real reason I don't care for the cheap servos is that they don't center and that's annoying. DS3235 able to pull about [email protected]

and if you think that there's a problem with the methodology the a700 pulled an incredible 70kg on 8.4 volts and 67 kg on 7.4 v (which is what I'm running in my Hobao)

That's interesting. I haven't watched the above videos, yet, though I'm curious to check them out. The one I watched last weekend was Crawler Channel's test of the DS3235 Pro, in which they found it actually *exceeded* the rated specs.

Now, maybe his measuring equipment is wrong, for instance (like the scale is inaccurate). Though the other, more-expensive servo in that same video tested below its specs.

Or, as someone else alluded to, maybe there's just a lot of variation between different examples of these low-end servos. Like test 3 from the same manufacturing batch, and get 3 different results.

Whichever it is, it's a bit disappointing, because I was quite encouraged by the Crawler Canyon video.

As of this past Sunday, I've now had three DS3235s fail in pretty short order. At the rate they have died on me, they can no longer be considered cheap. I'm done with them. I just ordered the 55kg AGFRC. I'm anxious to try it out. This will be my first real quality servo.

As of this past Sunday, I've now had three DS3235s fail in pretty short order. At the rate they have died on me, they can no longer be considered cheap. I'm done with them. I just ordered the 55kg AGFRC. I'm anxious to try it out. This will be my first real quality servo.
It’s a tall servo. I forgot to check the size so had to get creative mounting it. I need to get it properly set up though here soon.

It’s a tall servo. I forgot to check the size so had to get creative mounting it. I need to get it properly set up though here soon.
What servo mount do you have? I have the HR mount and if I remember correctly it is somewhat taller than stock.

Darn, sorry to hear that. Someone else just had a second DS3235 Pro fail, in a few days of use on each one. Were yours the standard version, or the Pro? Thank you for letting us know. if I upgrade my servo, I'm leaning towards trying AGFRC, though probably the less-expensive 40kg.

Darn, sorry to hear that. Someone else just had a second DS3235 Pro fail, in a few days of use on each one. Were yours the standard version, or the Pro? Thank you for letting us know. if I upgrade my servo, I'm leaning towards trying AGFRC, though probably the less-expensive 40kg.
They were all standard.

Not that one so let me know how it fits.
(y) Sure thing. Amazon says I'll have it tomorrow, so I'll get it mounted up this weekend.

Not that one so let me know how it fits.
Finally got it mounted. Works out fine with the HR mount. It's not a lot of clearance, but as I understand it as long as it's not touching the chassis, it's fine.

servo1.jpg
servo2.jpg

It is the best 20lb and under servo ever created, Like the Tom Brady or Barry Bonds of turning

Finally got it mounted. Works out fine with the HR mount. It's not a lot of clearance, but as I understand it as long as it's not touching the chassis, it's fine.

View attachment 277837View attachment 277838
If I were you i'd raise that servo. I've killed multiple servos thinking that amount of space was fine. If your chassis flexes it will damage it. Maybe the m2c chassis won't flex as much as exb? I dunno but that would definitely worry me.

If I were you i'd raise that servo. I've killed multiple servos thinking that amount of space was fine. If your chassis flexes it will damage it. Maybe the m2c chassis won't flex as much as exb? I dunno but that would definitely worry me.

Thanks for the heads up. So, your chassis flexed enough between the legs of the mount to contact the servo and damage it?

Thanks for the heads up. So, your chassis flexed enough between the legs of the mount to contact the servo and damage it?
Yea, I broke at least 3 servos in my kraton exb and one of them even had cracks on the bottom of the case. I guess if you have a metal cased servo thats less of a problem but still. I was breaking so many servos until I figured out I needed to raise it from the chassis a bit more. I haven't broken one since.

What is the reference feeler gauge measurement of the stock servo on the 6S rigs?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back