Thoughts on the AGFRC 55kg servo and Perfect Pass Monster servo the 6s Kraton…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
I want to start getting decent servos for my 6s Kraton and Noto. Any experience/opinions with the AGFRC 55kg servo? How about the perfect pass monster servo? I’ve searched the forum before asking, just want to open a small discussion about them. My price range is sub $125… thanks y’all!!

1206336A-99D8-423F-9C41-F2A53F5C2182.png

Thats a top of the line brand and they make the servos for a lot of resellers that people love. I know reefs and perfect pass servos both use them as manufacturers. You cannot go wrong with them.

I want to start getting decent servos for my 6s Kraton and Noto. Any experience/opinions with the AGFRC 55kg servo? How about the perfect pass monster servo? I’ve searched the forum before asking, just want to open a small discussion about them. My price range is sub $125… thanks y’all!!

View attachment 271559
I've done a ton of research on servos and watched a lot of YT reviews on various servos. Can't go wrong with AGFRC, and as was previously stated, they manufacture the Reefs and PP servos. I will say that I recently purchased an AGFRC off of amazon from the AGFRC store and it was previously used (seal broken, a little dirt, and marks from prior mounting). It was all good though, returned through amazon....

I've done a ton of research on servos and watched a lot of YT reviews on various servos. Can't go wrong with AGFRC, and as was previously stated, they manufacture the Reefs and PP servos. I will say that I recently purchased an AGFRC off of amazon from the AGFRC store and it was previously used (seal broken, a little dirt, and marks from prior mounting). It was all good though, returned through amazon....
That’s great! I understood that they made servos for other brands, but I didn’t know specifically they were reefs and perfect pass. Some of them are programmable. From your research are there benefits to a programmable servo like that one I posted?

That’s one thing I love about Amazon. If there’s any issue you can get it taken care of within that first 30 days typically. Thank you very much!
Thats a top of the line brand and they make the servos for a lot of resellers that people love. I know reefs and perfect pass servos both use them as manufacturers. You cannot go wrong with them.
Sweet!! Thanks man, I greatly appreciate it. What do you think about the perfect past servos compared to the one that I posted? And what do you think about programmable servos?

Got 3 in December and like mine. Don't think I'd ever need to program anything for bashing.

These are suspiciously close to the PP servos.
I’ve heard people saying that they manufacture the perfect pass servos. I wonder what kind of changes were made or if it’s literally a simple re-brand. I know Raz said that they made it self centered better and it’s stronger and all this other stuff, but I’m not sure how much of it is marketing versus actual improvements. I’m still wondering what the benefits of a programmable servo are… little bug me till I find out.

That’s great! I understood that they made servos for other brands, but I didn’t know specifically they were reefs and perfect pass. Some of them are programmable. From your research are there benefits to a programmable servo like that one I posted?

That’s one thing I love about Amazon. If there’s any issue you can get it taken care of within that first 30 days typically. Thank you very much!

Sweet!! Thanks man, I greatly appreciate it. What do you think about the perfect past servos compared to the one that I posted? And what do you think about programmable servos?
I like to set the center and endpoints on the servo rather than adjusting the the sub trim and EPA on the transmitter. I'm using futaba servos so I can program through the transmitter rather than hooking it up to the computer. As far as programing other parameters, for the most part it's more a a novelty rather than necessity for bashing or other non-race applications. I read somewhere that the PP servos used the same programming dongle as the AGFRC but that's unconfirmed. One issue with the PP servos is that the specs weren't published, at least not when I researched them.... Personally I'd go for AGFRC instead of PP simply because I'd know what I was getting in terms of speed and torque but shiny aluminum looks pretty nice....

Thanks for asking the question! I've been contemplating a servo upgrade as well, for my truck like the Kraton 6S (Sledge). Just for bashing.

The AGFRC model I'd had my eye on is the less-impressive 40 kg brushless, A73BHLW V2:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08HH5V9VB/

I've also been curious about the programming capability, as I've never had a programmable servo. I saw a mention somewhere that programmable servos may come programmed to run at less than 100% torque. That would seem pretty weird to me, since torque & speed specs are so highly-advertised. I'd imagine I could get by without the other programming features. If you're spending the money for specs, but getting only partial performance, that's a bummer, and might make it worth the $20 or so for the programmer. But buying it to use it once seems a bit silly.

I'd go with the 55kg, allows the use of bigger tires.
I'm using this one:

AGFRC 55KG Digital-Steering-Servo High-Torque Programmable - Full Metal Gear Brushless Servo for 1/8 1/10 RC Models, Control Angle 180° (A86BHM)​

I'm using this one:

AGFRC 55KG Digital-Steering-Servo High-Torque Programmable - Full Metal Gear Brushless Servo for 1/8 1/10 RC Models, Control Angle 180° (A86BHM)​

Thanks, that's good info. Any would be a significant upgrade over the stock 25kg, slow servo. Though that one ups the price range even further. This idea started with the ~$35 DS3235, then I talked myself into the ~$70 AGFRC 40kg. Jumping to around $100 makes it a tougher upgrade to justify (for just playing around), but I will keep that in mind, thanks!

well the DS3235s are neither as fast nor as strong as they claim to be.... I've had the 3235 and the 3235 pro and got rid of them both.
servo specs aren't inflated as much as battery c rating but it's not far behind. The real reason I don't care for the cheap servos is that they don't center and that's annoying. DS3235 able to pull about [email protected]

and if you think that there's a problem with the methodology the a700 pulled an incredible 70kg on 8.4 volts and 67 kg on 7.4 v (which is what I'm running in my Hobao)

If you decide on AGFRC, I'd suggest this one

doesn't have as much torque but is faster.

https://www.amazon.com/AGFRC-45KG-I...674258557&sprefix=a81bhmw,aps,121&sr=8-2&th=1

A81BHMW&AGF-SPV3​

That is the one I’ve been looking at!
I like to set the center and endpoints on the servo rather than adjusting the the sub trim and EPA on the transmitter. I'm using futaba servos so I can program through the transmitter rather than hooking it up to the computer. As far as programing other parameters, for the most part it's more a a novelty rather than necessity for bashing or other non-race applications. I read somewhere that the PP servos used the same programming dongle as the AGFRC but that's unconfirmed. One issue with the PP servos is that the specs weren't published, at least not when I researched them.... Personally I'd go for AGFRC instead of PP simply because I'd know what I was getting in terms of speed and torque but shiny aluminum looks pretty nice....
Thank you, I got a basic understanding of what the programing could be used for. I do like the idea of being able to set center and endpoints via programming. Thanks!!

I'm using this one:

Yep that’s the one I’m thinking on. It’s gotten a lot of votes to lol
oh, you posted the 86 not the 81. 81 is better for you application IMO
Ok got it
oh, you posted the 86 not the 81. 81 is better for you application IMO
What if I prefer torque over high speed?

By all means, if you are patient. I got mine for ~ $75 on sale.
I still have the DS35kg, they never failed me but are not 8V compatible and on 6V they are just awful. Yes, crappy Firma ESC with 6/8V BEC.

By all means, if you are patient. I got mine for ~ $75 on sale.
I still have the DS35kg, they never failed me but are not 8V compatible and on 6V they are just awful. Yes, crappy Firma ESC with 6/8V BEC.
I’m running one of those in my noto. Had two fail previously but this one’s doing well. Thanks man, much appreciated!

How about the perfect pass servo? Anyone have experience with it?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back