Vorteks Thoughts on the Arrma Vortex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You nailed it bro, I'm ready for a 6s+ rig.

Either a Talion EXB RTR, Typhon 6s V5, Redcat Kaiju EXT (but not available here in NZ) or a Cen Reeper.

I just need to find another job first 🤔

Hello all I’m new to rc cars/trucks well many years ago in my 30’s I bought a Stampede and drove it for a few years well stopped driving and raised two boys now 19 & 25 so I’m retired now 55 years old and looking to get back in.
I’m really impressed with the Arrma Vortex I’m really sold on it but I’d like to know………
WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS
HELLO ALL
GREAT NEWS I JUST RECEIVED ARRMA BIG ROCK TODAY
A SHOUT OUT TO RC PLANET ALSO BOUGHT A PAIR OF ZEEE 6000mAh 80C 11.1V $72
SO THANK YOU ALL FOR OPINIONS & HELP YEAH
I HAVE A CHARGER FROM MY DRONE FLYING I WAS HOPING YOU
members can help me with
i have a Yufay BT60D Lipo battery balances charger discharger easy
to use 60W Lipo,Life uLihy, Nimhi, 6A AC/DC 6s lipo ballance charge can I safe will be be to charge the ZEEE battery’s I have
here on the first I’m going to buy the Spektrum S2200 the one that is 2x200w duel charger any ideas

Congrats on the BR. Yup as long as it balance charges and has a ec5 charge lead you are good to go.

Great news you got the Big Rock.
I’m sure you’ll be really pleased with it.
Don’t rush into upgrading it - it’s a brilliant truck out of the box.
A dual channel charger is a great idea and I’m sure plenty of guys here can give you suggestions on what to get, as can the hobby shop you credited. Remember you don’t have to go Spektrum.

Do make sure you set steering and throttle end points watching one of the many videos on YouTube. Same for the slipper clutch. These things aren’t covered that well in the manual.
Make sure diffs are spinning smoothly and not catching as you roll it back and forth.
Blue loctite the grub screw on the motor pinion and let it set over night.

Great news you got the Big Rock.
I’m sure you’ll be really pleased with it.
Don’t rush into upgrading it - it’s a brilliant truck out of the box.
A dual channel charger is a great idea and I’m sure plenty of guys here can give you suggestions on what to get, as can the hobby shop you credited. Remember you don’t have to go Spektrum.

Do make sure you set steering and throttle end points watching one of the many videos on YouTube. Same for the slipper clutch. These things aren’t covered that well in the manual.
Make sure diffs are spinning smoothly and not catching as you roll it back and forth.
Blue loctite the grub screw on the motor pinion and let it set over night.
Hello and thank you
Yes I figured out that the manual doesn’t say much about setting up esc servo and transmitter
I at first didn’t have reverse then looked in manual in trouble shooting and it said no reverse damaged esc . Well being a newbie my gut was a little raw feeling. Thinking to myself wow spent $369 and truck doesn’t work lol lol well col cry out loud well checked utube set up forward, brake and reverse and in same video set throttle and set servo/steering end points . I wish the manual was more complete. Well that’s why you pros are here to help thank you
Is that the screw that is in the pinion gear that tightens on the motor gear?? Also on the technical pack manual what is the bottle that it shows in a couple of places which has the TL ON THE BOTTLE MEAN

Last edited:
HELLO ALL
GREAT NEWS I JUST RECEIVED ARRMA BIG ROCK TODAY
A SHOUT OUT TO RC PLANET ALSO BOUGHT A PAIR OF ZEEE 6000mAh 80C 11.1V $72
SO THANK YOU ALL FOR OPINIONS & HELP YEAH
I HAVE A CHARGER FROM MY DRONE FLYING I WAS HOPING YOU
members can help me with
i have a Yufay BT60D Lipo battery balances charger discharger easy
to use 60W Lipo,Life uLihy, Nimhi, 6A AC/DC 6s lipo ballance charge can I safe will be be to charge the ZEEE battery’s I have
here on the first I’m going to buy the Spektrum S2200 the one that is 2x200w duel charger any ideas
Congratulations on the Big Rock! I run the Zeee 6000mAh battery on my Vorteks it's great, sometimes you can find good deals for 2x 5200mAh Zeee's and they are worth it too, I find very similar runtime and performance on those and they are basically 2 for the price of one 6000. I went from 2 to 5 batteries now :LOL:

Also on the technical pack manual what is the bottle that it shows in a couple of places which has the TL ON THE BOTTLE MEAN

That means to use "threadlock" on the screw before you put it on.

threadlock is the generic term. Most of us use "blue loctite" as our preferred threadlock but others are available.
As a rule, you only use threadlock/loctite on scews that go into metal.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back