thoughts on the new Traxxas xo1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And don’t forget the default software lock via Traxxas Link needed to save the general masses from themselves 🙄

Frankly I feel as big and granddaddy as Traxxas is in the industry, what a lazy attempt of a questionable revision to try to make their XO-1 ‘relevant’ in these days of Arrma and ZD Racing 1:7 market share. I really question why did they even bother with such trivial updates?

It’s the same thing like the auto industry, Do something worthwhile or don’t bother doing at all… then should it be a wonder why nobody buys your competing products??

151DA55A-158A-49DD-A746-7DA4D399D69D.png

And now a paid advertisement for traxxas! Lmao 😂. See on the other hand I 💭 how in the hell are they still in business? They make the cheapest car possible and sell it for the maximum by hyping up a below average product AT BEST. If you think the E-revo or XO-1 are a better platforms then the Kraton or the infraction you haven’t driven or worked on both. 💯% of the time I’ve bent,broke or destroyed a rig it was driver error I landed wrong or was going to fast.I traded my Nitro E-revo for a shotgun in 2010 once I found the kraton now I have an Arrma army!

View attachment 231448
Shirley you jest, Taxxas below average? Don't be such a fanboy. You make it sound like we will all be eating babies if Traxxas is allowed to exist.
1658678838811.png

This is like my friends that buy a $100,000 M3, then tell me it's great ... but it's in the shop. Or the track day racer but they can't drive it there because it will bust you kidney on the way and there is no room for tools. These are just excuses to justify their viewpoint and the enormous amount of money they spent.

In reality the E-Revo is a 1/10 scale car and has some problems. What if you compare the X-Maxx to the Kraton? Have you ever seen a bent X-Maxx chassis. No, because they are designed to flex unlike aluminum that just bends. Yes you can break plastic but I would put money on the stock aluminum chassis would bend long before the plastic breaks.

IMO, you are correct the Infraction/Felony is a better platform and does well with modifications, but still slower out of the box than the XO-1. So it's a matter of how much time and effort people want to put into the hobby.

In the end I have cars from Traxxas, Losi, Arrma, Tamiya and Komodo (defunct) and all of them have specific strengths and weakness.

If you keep and open mind life provides more options and ultimately more happiness.

Just like the commercial lighting industry the guys with the biggest advertising and salesman groups sell the cheapest poop out there! FACTS
What are you talking about, this doesn't make sense.

Shirley you jest, Taxxas below average? Don't be such a fanboy. You make it sound like we will all be eating babies if Traxxas is allowed to exist.
View attachment 231601

This is like my friends that buy a $100,000 M3, then tell me it's great ... but it's in the shop. Or the track day racer but they can't drive it there because it will bust you kidney on the way and there is no room for tools. These are just excuses to justify their viewpoint and the enormous amount of money they spent.

In reality the E-Revo is a 1/10 scale car and has some problems. What if you compare the X-Maxx to the Kraton? Have you ever seen a bent X-Maxx chassis. No, because they are designed to flex unlike aluminum that just bends. Yes you can break plastic but I would put money on the stock aluminum chassis would bend long before the plastic breaks.

IMO, you are correct the Infraction/Felony is a better platform and does well with modifications, but still slower out of the box than the XO-1. So it's a matter of how much time and effort people want to put into the hobby.

In the end I have cars from Traxxas, Losi, Arrma, Tamiya and Komodo (defunct) and all of them have specific strengths and weakness.

If you keep and open mind life provides more options and ultimately more happiness.

You can literally buy a limitless and electronics and come out with a much better rig for same price. Traxxas claims it's for experts but any expert would know how to put in electronics.

It looks terrible in this video and it is not the driver

You can literally buy a limitless and electronics and come out with a much better rig for same price. Traxxas claims it's for experts but any expert would know how to put in electronics.

Those rear body clips look like a huge pita to put in!!

Sorry my bad I'm trying to provide a logical answer to an emotional argument. There is no answer to an emotional argument other than yes your are correct.

I actually do agree, and stated above, the Limitless is a better platform but you need to do some work. What Traxxas has going for it is that it is a true RTR. The electronics installation isn't difficult if you understand what you are doing. But for a lot of people they don't understand nor do they want to, thus the XO-1 is born. It's not rocket science it money vs time.

Sorry my bad I'm trying to provide a logical answer to an emotional argument. There is no answer to an emotional argument other than yes your are correct.

I actually do agree, and stated above, the Limitless is a better platform but you need to do some work. What Traxxas has going for it is that it is a true RTR. The electronics installation isn't difficult if you understand what you are doing. But for a lot of people they don't understand nor do they want to, thus the XO-1 is born. It's not rocket science it money vs time.
You didn't watch the video huh? =D Nah but on a serious note, installing electronics is definitely not difficult. I built my first roller barely a month after I started the hobby last October. If I can do it anyone can do it.

I really want to agree with you but it's just not logical to me. You talk about emotional argument but buying a traxxas x01 seems like an emotional decision to me lol. It's not logically the best decision no matter how you slice it imo, unless you just like traxxass and that seems emotional. If someone can't be bothered or understand how to take 2 hours out of their day to install 3 pieces of electronics into a roller they shouldn't be trying to go 100 mph in the first place.

Forget performance, I'd be worried about them hurting someone or themselves.

If someone can't be bothered or understand how to take 2 hours out of their day to install 3 pieces of electronics into a roller they shouldn't be trying to go 100 mph in the first place.

I concur.

You didn't watch the video huh? =D Nah but on a serious note, installing electronics is definitely not difficult. I built my first roller barely a month after I started the hobby last October. If I can do it anyone can do it.

I really want to agree with you but it's just not logical to me. You talk about emotional argument but buying a traxxas x01 seems like an emotional decision to me lol. It's not logically the best decision no matter how you slice it imo, unless you just like traxxass and that seems emotional. If someone can't be bothered or understand how to take 2 hours out of their day to install 3 pieces of electronics into a roller they shouldn't be trying to go 100 mph in the first place.

Forget performance, I'd be worried about them hurting someone or themselves.
I totally agree, the XO-1 has it's own problems and that's why I have a Limiteless and I do get concerned about safety. The reality is a 15lb car going 100 MPH has about the same energy as eleven .45 Cal rounds. So, eh, yah, it can be dangerous.

For me the emotional content ends at I want to do something, then it's engineering time.

The emotional content was in reference to some other posts that simply posted, "Traxxas sucks" or "you suck" or "Traxxas shouldn't exist". Just Arrma fanboys being mindless fanboys.

And now a paid advertisement for traxxas! Lmao 😂. See on the other hand I 💭 how in the hell are they still in business? They make the cheapest car possible and sell it for the maximum by hyping up a below average product AT BEST. If you think the E-revo or XO-1 are a better platforms then the Kraton or the infraction you haven’t driven or worked on both. 💯% of the time I’ve bent,broke or destroyed a rig it was driver error I landed wrong or was going to fast.I traded my Nitro E-revo for a shotgun in 2010 once I found the kraton now I have an Arrma army!

View attachment 231448
I'm not a fan of his videos either. It's hard to trust someone who unboxes, does 1 or 2 runs and a review all in one video. You have to at least run the car for a few months to really get an impression of how it is. 2 runs is not enough to do a review. Sort of like the reviews on Amazon where people just got the item and haven't even used it yet give it a 5 star rating..................
View attachment 231601

I find there are way too many close minded people on here. Most of the guys hating on Traxxas have never actually driven or owned one. Heck most of them haven't even owned or driven cars from any brand other than Arrma. The Arrma fanboys are some of the most toxic people in this community imho.

-EDIT-
And why is this thread in the 6s section with a Limitless tag? This belongs in the general chaos section.

Last edited:
My Traxxas Slash 2wd was my 1st "real" RC. I love that thing. It is a beast. I also have a Traxxas Big Foot which is fun.

I have 2 Redcats along with my 4 Arrmas, bunch of Amazon cheapos and my Tekno SCT kit (winter project).

I am an Arrma fan due to the ease of wrenching on them (Eff Redcat! :poop::banghead: ), their durability, parts accessibility and much more. Another reason is because of this forum and it's members! Arrma family!

I never see the types of rude, negative and critiquing comments (especially to newbies) here that I see on other forums.

I agree, if you haven't owned a certain brand, how can you hate on it? 🤔I'm all about getting what you like, for your purpose/style of driving, regardless of brand.

My next few will be Arrmas though! 👍😁 ✌️

What's the status of your Tekno? I have one too:

View attachment 231751

View attachment 231752
Status? Still in parts in the box! :ROFLMAO: I got a bunch of Arrmas within a couple months, so I've been getting those all up and running. Just got the Mega Infraction to 4s to do!

I want more SCT for my dirt track, so I got the Tekno on sale and I'm gonna work on that this fall/winter. Just too much going on right now, but knew I wanted eventually, so jumped on the sale!

How's yours? What do you typically run it on? EDIT: Meaning surface....dirt, grass, etc

TRAXXAS have give up.
They don't try do new things anymore.

Plastic gear Servo in this. I don't get it.
Same Motor like 10years ago in V1
Everything is same almost.

The really new stuff is only Rear Foam bumber and extra aero exit in the body at rear.

SHAME TRAXXAS
SHAME ,same,,SHAME,,same SHAME.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back