thoughts on the new Traxxas xo1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mines been kicking names and taking butt.

View attachment 231761

View attachment 231762
So Excited Reaction GIF by Originals

I totally agree, the XO-1 has it's own problems and that's why I have a Limiteless and I do get concerned about safety. The reality is a 15lb car going 100 MPH has about the same energy as eleven .45 Cal rounds. So, eh, yah, it can be dangerous.

For me the emotional content ends at I want to do something, then it's engineering time.

The emotional content was in reference to some other posts that simply posted, "Traxxas sucks" or "you suck" or "Traxxas shouldn't exist". Just Arrma fanboys being mindless fanboys.
Ummm. I think this might be referring to my post. I thought it was obvious i was joking. Sorry if i made you emotional.
Regardless i am an arrma fanboy🤷🏻‍♂️ Maybe even a losi fanboy, i could go as for to say a tekno fanboy.

wow. that weight ratio from side to side must be perfect, love they have all the electrical stuff at one side, and lipo on other.
Also great have all cables at same side. Must be a dream to drive this at track also
It drives like it is on rails. Extremely well balanced car. My Arrmas only wish they handled half as good as this does.

It drives like it is on rails. Extremely well balanced car. My Arrmas only wish they handled half as good as this does.

Now you force me to buy one Tekno also :)

Actually never seen a rig balanced so well like this from the looks. And now you also confirmed this is so in real too.
I must have one

GUYS

This is how real FANBOYS acts
fANBOY.gif

You don’t run into any heat issues without a fan?

P.S. these are a great size for the MT410:

https://a.co/d/ea4A5P0
Not really. It does run a tad on the warm side but not too bad last time I checked the max motor temp was like 158 maybe 160. I've been wanting to add a fan though.

Not really. It does run a tad on the warm side but not too bad last time I checked the max motor temp was like 158 maybe 160. I've been wanting to add a fan though.

you should always have fan, the cooler the better for bearings, for lipos, everything. I have fans in all my rigs, even those who run cool, i have them extra cool :) Fan is never bad actually, it can only do good things. High voltage aluminium fan this is what all motors should have.
Bearings will last longer in motors also

You don't need dual, only one fan, size 25mm or 30mm will be exelent. Powerhobby are great fans. I have about 40 of these in many many rigs.
Zero issues, one i have run more than 60 packs hard bashing

you should always have fan, the cooler the better for bearings, for lipos, everything. I have fans in all my rigs, even those who run cool, i have them extra cool :) Fan is never bad actually, it can only do good things. High voltage aluminium fan this is what all motors should have.
Bearings will last longer in motors also

You don't need dual, only one fan, size 25mm or 30mm will be exelent. Powerhobby are great fans. I have about 40 of these in many many rigs.
Zero issues, one i have run more than 60 packs hard bashing
I know I just haven't gotten around to it yet. When you have 20 cars something is always being worked on or replaced.

Ummm. I think this might be referring to my post. I thought it was obvious i was joking. Sorry if i made you emotional.
Regardless i am an arrma fanboy🤷🏻‍♂️ Maybe even a losi fanboy, i could go as for to say a tekno fanboy.
That was one of them but it's cool, no worries. It was more directed at a response that was just nonsensical and written by a man child. Your jab just got caught in the cross fire. Thanks for the post though it shows you are a stand up person.
I think that selling something that goes 100mph out the box or even 70mph is dangerous. I also wonder how many were bought, batteries charged and crashed on first run. That includes any brand, but saying 100mph does sound more inticing to a consumer.
Probably close 100% are crashed immediately, but they are Traxxas tough. Although you do have to "unlock" it with the app, otherwise you are limited to something like 60 mph.

For speed I went with the Limitless because the XO-1 is known to take flight. Yes it's more work, but I'm also a little more invested too.

I really do hope the new one is a better because it will drive the other brands to improve as well.

Last edited:
I was going to post this the other day. But forgot.

Like @Jerold mentioned they like to go airborne.

I can't see the guys face but we all know he made the are you frigging kidding me face when that happened.

I can't see the guys face but we all know he made the are you frigging kidding me face when that happened.

Dude's really lucky he didn't get clipped on it's way by!!😬🤯

LOL I think that was the video that made me decide to go with Limitless.

LOL I think that was the video that made me decide to go with Limitless.
You ever see the one where they drive it into a car door?

Great video.

It looks like the unlock screen which got the lawyers got involved. If people actually read it, 50% of them would be disqualified on maturity and the other 50% on common sense. And responsibly - what's that?
1658854481844.png

There is less paper work than this to buy a gun in California
1658854699662.png

Is there a 10 day waiting period to buy and XO-1 too?

I don't have an issue with the XO-1. I'm sure it's plenty capable as a speed machine in its own right. Some folks might like the plug-and-play convenience.

If it's truly not a good vehicle, the market will probably reflect that in sales over time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back