Kraton Thoughts On This Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charger seems nice. 100w per channel should be enough to charge most 2s-4s packs at 1c.

As for batteries, I tend to buy mostly 5000mah-6000mah packs, 2s and 4s. Run time is good, and I carry more than one pack if I plan on bashing a while. When I go to the track, I take my charger and have one charging at 2c while I run my other pack (make sure your battery is good for 2c, some aren't) Often I only have a few minutes down time between runs.

I know some people prefer the larger 7000-9000mah packs, but they tend to be huge and heavy. The old racer in me prefers the lighter packs.

Ok perfect, yes i tend to buy the best ones quality so i don't hv to keep replacing cheaper products.
So ill follow your suggestions.

Btw how long do i charge my current batteries.

I plan on buying a few batteries as well but still looking for The longest play time on batteries i seen mix 6c n 2c. Personally idc as long as it lasts. Any battery links i can buy it from.

"Btw how long do i charge my current batteries."

Till they are done... :)
But really, your charger should take care of this. Set it to "Balance charge" mode, make sure the end voltage is 4.2v per cell, set the charge amps to 1c and hit start.

If I needed a battery right now, I would buy from SMC-racing. They are a semi-budget brand, but great quality. About half to 2/3's of the racers in my area run only SMC's. Plus, for us Arrma guys, they will put XT90's an any pack they sell.

With that said, if you can wait a bit, most all of my batteries are from HobbyKing.com. HobbyKing has great sales about 2-3 times per year, so if you get on their mailing list and jump when they go on sale, you can get good lipos for pretty cheap. They have a bunch of different in-house brands, with different quality, so it gets a bit confusing. "Turnigy" is their brand - most of my batteries for my Arrmas are Turnigy Graphines, or Nano-tecs. ( I also have a pair of 4s 5000mah that are branded just "Turnigy", but they are huge for their Mah, and both packs have had one cell fail)

For what it's worth, I have this pack for my Kraton. I average 30-40 minute run times depending on how hard I drive. It's definitely a great pack for this truck.

If you want an awesome charger to match it, check out this charger which SMC also sells: http://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=141&product_id=456

It's an easy-to-use and powerful charger. I charge this battery with this charger, and it usually only takes about 40 minutes to charge fully.

I think ill buy a few of these battery if it lasts you 30-45mins run time..any links to buy it from...

The charger settings he gave you sound like STORAGE charge, not running charge. For a fully charged battery, it should be at 4.2vps, so 12.6 for a 3s pack. Charge amperage is normally '1c' or one times capacity. Your batteries (capacity) are 5400mah = 5.4ah, so charge them at 5.4a, if the charger will let you.

Storage charge - when you are done running, and don't plan on running for a few days, charge your batteries to 3.7-3.8vps. This will keep them healthy, longer, vs storing them at LVC (3.2-3.5vps) or fully charged (4.2vps).

Last - running your RC off storage charge is not an issue - but as you noted, run times are fairly short.

Ok.
I have revised the settings.

I went a little lower (4.5a) instead of 5.4

Heres my settings on the charger.

Drove it just now got a good almost hr then started to get really dark in my neighborhood. But battery still was good.
I kinda check if it still does wheelies still has power lol. But so far im happy with it.

Attachments

• IMG_2994.JPG
    IMG_2994.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2996.JPG
    IMG_2996.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2997.JPG
    IMG_2997.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_2998.JPG
    IMG_2998.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2999.JPG
    IMG_2999.JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_3001.JPG
    IMG_3001.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_3002.JPG
    IMG_3002.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3003.JPG
    IMG_3003.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_3004.JPG
    IMG_3004.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3005.JPG
    IMG_3005.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 42
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back