Senton Thoughts On V1 Senton 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, just wanted to do some brain picking again. I know of a used Senton 6s for sale for around $400'sih , which is a pretty decent price, considering what it is. It appears to be a V1 based on the red can & red/white/blue body. I already have a Mojave, but I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to pick it up, or should I just pass since I already have it's big brother, the Mojo. The other reason(s) I was considering it is because we all know they're discontinued and becoming increasingly rare & harder to find. Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, just wanted to do some brain picking again. I know of a used Senton 6s for sale for around $400'sih , which is a pretty decent price, considering what it is. It appears to be a V1 based on the red can & red/white/blue body. I already have a Mojave, but I'm trying to decide if it would be worth it to pick it up, or should I just pass since I already have it's big brother, the Mojo. The other reason(s) I was considering it is because we all know they're discontinued and becoming increasingly rare & harder to find. Thanks in advance.

I'd pass.
Would rather go for a Pre-Owned Kraton6S or Fireteam for that kind of loot.

The senton 6s are the fastest off road tanks out there...very durable an are prone to barrel rolls an end over end crashs...so towers an body mounts get busted up an bent easly an fast...besides that they are off road rockets...the v1 with the red esc are supposedly prone to catching fire....if it had upgraded system might be worth it..I'd do 300$ with older red system...

I'd pass.
Would rather go for a Pre-Owned Kraton6S or Fireteam for that kind of loot.
I'd pass also. The two are very similar. No thrill in the same kind of vehicle.
That's what I was thinking as well.
The senton 6s are the fastest off road tanks out there...very durable an are prone to barrel rolls an end over end crashs...so towers an body mounts get busted up an bent easly an fast...besides that they are off road rockets...the v1 with the red esc are supposedly prone to catching fire....if it had upgraded system might be worth it..I'd do 300$ with older red system...
Wow thanks for the info, didn't know about those issues with the V1!

As a fairly new Senton convert I'd say pick it up and maybe add something to it to make it different. I bought my first Senton 6S about 5 month ago used at a LHS and fell in love with the platform. The one I bought came with the Castle MMX8S-1717 1650KV combo and was a complete monster. I drove it to death...literally. Then I started building my own versions. I like that its basically a Typhon with extra padding and real easy to get the speed out of it. I was initially a Talion man but now I've got 4 Sentons. One I recently bought from @Rcproponent as a roller that I set up similar to stock (with upgrades and a TP 4050CM 2300KV...she screams!). Another one I built from scratch but widened it with Kraton hubs/axles to give it better handling. Then a seller on EBay was selling both the entire front and rear end of a Senton 6S V1 (unused with extra parts) for 130 bucks. Scooped that up IMMEDIATELY and turned it into a Senton 8S with TLR chassis and shocks, XLX2 and a TP 5650 1440KV. I'm currently working on a Senton/Limitless hybrid that I'm gonna use for drag racing.
The best part about having mutliples of the same vehicle is when I break something I can just borrow the piece from another one or from the parts I've accumulated building. The Senton is so versatile...you can bash it HARD, add speed to it, you can rally car it with different bodies or you can even GT it and speed run it. I'd try to talk the seller down to $350 or so and see if he bites...you won't be disappointed.

As a fairly new Senton convert I'd say pick it up and maybe add something to it to make it different. I bought my first Senton 6S about 5 month ago used at a LHS and fell in love with the platform. The one I bought came with the Castle MMX8S-1717 1650KV combo and was a complete monster. I drove it to death...literally. Then I started building my own versions. I like that its basically a Typhon with extra padding and real easy to get the speed out of it. I was initially a Talion man but now I've got 4 Sentons. One I recently bought from @Rcproponent as a roller that I set up similar to stock (with upgrades and a TP 4050CM 2300KV...she screams!). Another one I built from scratch but widened it with Kraton hubs/axles to give it better handling. Then a seller on EBay was selling both the entire front and rear end of a Senton 6S V1 (unused with extra parts) for 130 bucks. Scooped that up IMMEDIATELY and turned it into a Senton 8S with TLR chassis and shocks, XLX2 and a TP 5650 1440KV. I'm currently working on a Senton/Limitless hybrid that I'm gonna use for drag racing.
The best part about having mutliples of the same vehicle is when I break something I can just borrow the piece from another one or from the parts I've accumulated building. The Senton is so versatile...you can bash it HARD, add speed to it, you can rally car it with different bodies or you can even GT it and speed run it. I'd try to talk the seller down to $350 or so and see if he bites...you won't be disappointed.
You sure do make a pretty good argument for the Senton 6s. Sounds like you also have one heck of a Senton 6s collection brewing there lol. One thing that everyone always mentions about it is how much of a little tank it is, after the weak spots are addressed of course. Every time I see one for sale I instantly wonder if it'll turn into a thousand dollar collectors item like the Nero, which is really why I'd buy one. I don't think I'd run it too hard if I were to ever get one due to the parts availability not being what it once was. I may offer him a much lower number and see if he bites, if he doesn't oh well 🤷‍♂️

I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Don't pay too attention to that though, as there isn't any shred of logic behind that choice other than ITS A FREAKIN' SENTON! And yeah, K-Bash is right about the original esc. If that were upgraded maybe it might make sense to you. I remember a long time ago I was asking this exact same question here, only mine was a V2. I was told to try and knock price down and grab it. Seller wouldn't bulge beyond $25 less but I still grabbed it. And honestly? No regrets and its my favorite rig by far!
As a fairly new Senton convert I'd say pick it 3up and maybe add something to it to make it different. I bought my first Senton 6S about 5 month ago used at a LHS and fell in love with the platform. The one I bought came with the Castle MMX8S-1717 1650KV combo and was a complete monster. I drove it to death...literally. Then I started building my own versions. I like that its basically a Typhon with extra padding and real easy to get the speed out of it. I was initially a Talion man but now I've got 4 Sentons. One I recently bought from @Rcproponent as a roller that I set up similar to stock (with upgrades and a TP 4050CM 2300KV...she screams!). Another one I built from scratch but widened it with Kraton hubs/axles to give it better handling. Then a seller on EBay was selling both the entire front and rear end of a Senton 6S V1 (unused with extra parts) for 130 bucks. Scooped that up IMMEDIATELY and turned it into a Senton 8S with TLR chassis and shocks, XLX2 and a TP 5650 1440KV. I'm currently working on a Senton/Limitless hybrid that I'm gonna use for drag racing.
You have any pics of it as an 8s?
Here's mine(both same rc):
Screenshot_20210928-013709_Gallery.jpg
20220530_214059.jpg

Last edited:
You sure do make a pretty good argument for the Senton 6s. Sounds like you also have one heck of a Senton 6s collection brewing there lol. One thing that everyone always mentions about it is how much of a little tank it is, after the weak spots are addressed of course. Every time I see one for sale I instantly wonder if it'll turn into a thousand dollar collectors item like the Nero, which is really why I'd buy one. I don't think I'd run it too hard if I were to ever get one due to the parts availability not being what it once was. I may offer him a much lower number and see if he bites, if he doesn't oh well 🤷‍♂️
Parts are available. They have them on the Horizon site, Amazon, and AMain has them too. You just need to know what to get. It's really a Typhon so you can start there and add the extra pieces. I even found an overseas store that has the parts number blowup like they use to have on the Arrma website (don't know why they took it down) : https://www.astramodel.cz/en/eview/arad83lg-senton-6s-blx/chassis.html

Parts are available. They have them on the Horizon site, Amazon, and AMain has them too. You just need to know what to get. It's really a Typhon so you can start there and add the extra pieces. I even found an overseas store that has the parts number blowup like they use to have on the Arrma website (don't know why they took it down) : https://www.astramodel.cz/en/eview/arad83lg-senton-6s-blx/chassis.html
For sure, I just ordered a bunch of 6s Senton parts for a speed runner build I'm undertaking now. Just gotta look.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat! Don't pay too attention to that though, as there isn't any shred of logic behind that choice other than ITS A FREAKIN' SENTON! And yeah, K-Bash is right about the original esc. If that were upgraded maybe it might make sense to you. I remember a long time ago I was asking this exact same question here, only mine was a V2. I was told to try and knock price down and grab it. Seller wouldn't bulge beyond $25 less but I still grabbed it. And honestly? No regrets and its my favorite rig by far!

You have any pics of it as an 8s?
Here's mine(both same rc):View attachment 280841View attachment 280840
Its still a work in progress (gotta paint the body) but for the most part its done. Just waiting on better weather to run it. I'm in Philly and I try not to run when its under 50 degrees out. When its cold arms break, tire rim crack and the batteries don't perform as good so I just work on my building/wrenching skills while its cold until the weather breaks a little bit.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ee.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ed.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1ef.jpg

Its still a work in progress (gotta paint the body) but for the most part its done. Just waiting on better weather to run it. I'm in Philly and I try not to run when its under 50 degrees out. When its cold arms break, tire rim crack and the batteries don't perform as good so I just work on my building/wrenching skills while its cold until the weather breaks a little bit.

View attachment 280856View attachment 280857View attachment 280858
I plan to bring my V2 back to stock body and build a new mostly Senton spec RC that will sport a GT body for proper speed runs. Step 1 is the chassis and a need to tweak it to fit what I have now. Everything is crammed into the chassis. So its either make my own SWB chassis or go LWB. I like the idea of the challenge behind doimg this on SWB . Here's an example of what I want accomplish:
20230223_235104.jpg
The dark black lines trace out the original chassis. Past that is cardboard. This is basically a template for a CF chassis I will cut. One of the things that made me want to do this is lining the drive train up and seeing if it improves anything
20230224_211457.jpg
Already has one drawback, but I'm stubborn and will make this work.

I plan to bring my V2 back to stock body and build a new mostly Senton spec RC that will sport a GT body for proper speed runs. Step 1 is the chassis and a need to tweak it to fit what I have now. Everything is crammed into the chassis. So its either make my own SWB chassis or go LWB. I like the idea of the challenge behind doimg this on SWB . Here's an example of what I want accomplish:View attachment 280859The dark black lines trace out the original chassis. Past that is cardboard. This is basically a template for a CF chassis I will cut. One of the things that made me want to do this is lining the drive train up and seeing if it improves anything View attachment 280860Already has one drawback, but I'm stubborn and will make this work.
I started going all SWB cause I was having problems putting power to the LWB (Talion). I kept breaking diff cups and tearing up the drive train. Haven't had those issues with the Sentons (SWB) probably cause of the shorter distance and less weight. Only problem is squeezing everything you need in them. I would like a better XLX2 mount (the slanted one in my pics has a lot of drawbacks) and maybe a way to fit longer motors. I was thinking maybe a top deck kind of deal that attaches to the motor mount and front rack. EMP Performance makes some side skirts that work as battery trays that fit the SWB chassis to give it the GT feel. Here's a link: https://emperformanceproducts.com/product/emp-specter-battery-trays-arrma-gt/

Check this video out of a top deck kinda thing I mentioned above:

I started going all SWB cause I was having problems putting power to the LWB (Talion). I kept breaking diff cups and tearing up the drive train. Haven't had those issues with the Sentons (SWB) probably cause of the shorter distance and less weight. Only problem is squeezing everything you need in them. I would like a better XLX2 mount (the slanted one in my pics has a lot of drawbacks) and maybe a way to fit longer motors. I was thinking maybe a top deck kind of deal that attaches to the motor mount and front rack. EMP Performance makes some side skirts that work as battery trays that fit the SWB chassis to give it the GT feel. Here's a link: https://emperformanceproducts.com/product/emp-specter-battery-trays-arrma-gt/

Check this video out of a top deck kinda thing I mentioned above:
Thanks for sharing that. See, I gave something like that thought. I did something similar on my TT02, mounting ESC and receiver on my T2T brace. Because I did my own CF parts, I was able to widen the middle section to the width of my MambaX. Except I really didn't think it was possible for the Senton. That video shows its not only possible, but I wasn't thinking big enough. Damn, that build is RC poetry!
BTW, the change in chassis width in my earlier pic is 2 inches, 1 on each side. I can go 3 1/4 more and still have a 1/8 GT body fit without stretching out the sides but I want to put the stock Senton body on too without the stretch. And that's only 2 inches wider(with skirts).
I may have to rethink the lined up drive train though. MIGHT to have to grind the rear differential input cup a bit and the 4985 motor is as big as I will be able to fit. This becomes a problem IF the motors for the XLX2 are longer/wider. Haven't gotten that far yet, but because im anticipating this, I will drill out the original center tower holes along with what I have. At least then I will have options with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back