Thoughts on venom pro dual charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use it and so do quite a few others. I like it and am happy with my purchase. I did have an issue with mine about 3 months after purchase. I was able to get a new one under warranty from the manufacturer. Very pleased.

Picked up venom dual charger. 90$ couldn't pass it up. Just looking for thoughts and reviews before I open her up
I have one that I picked up on Amazon when we ordered the 2 6s trucks. It's a fine charger but with two of us eating up batteries I had to get something to go along with it.

I like it. it is light, got a handle and for a single user it will probably be fine. It is limited on it's charge current but I don't remember what that is. The battery balance and store charge are superb.

If I had it to do over again, I would have opted for the quad unit but that is again based on there are two of us needing batteries charged.

I have the quad and it is great with the exception of charging 6s packs. Typically a large 6s pack needs more output wattage. (Takes well over an hour to charge)
The only other complaint is 5+ hours to discharge a pack if rain or a breakage spoils outings.

For our other batteries 1-4s it works great!

What’s your charger take your cells to in storage mode? Somethings up with mine, it takes the cells to 3.8V and not the 3.85V the manual states and it used to set them at 3.85V. Is there a setting somewhere that I changed somehow? I thought it was default to 3.85V and is notprogrammable....

Edit - it takes the cells to 3.85V and then back down to 3.8V

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back